Print Page | Close Window

Anyone play paintball?

Printed From: iAMGaming.com
Category: Off Topic Forums
Forum Name: My toys...
Forum Discription: What do you do to blow off steam?
URL: http://www.iamgaming.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=8562
Printed Date: 19 Mar 2024 at 2:32am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Anyone play paintball?
Posted By: TuNA FISh
Subject: Anyone play paintball?
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 12:02pm
Topic

-------------
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Replies:
Posted By: Sephiroth_V7
Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 12:33pm
Yup

-------------

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 1:00pm
Sweet. So what do you like to play? What gun do you use? I used to play years ago and I have recently decided to play again.. I have a spyder TL-X which is ok... I am planning on going to a course soon. When I used to play I mainly played woods ball but I do want to play speed ball

-------------
- Best Coast

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 3:54pm
Only played woods ball. I have a Tippman A5 with the e grip and a Dangerous Power G4 that i've never shot, traded in a Dangerous Power E1 that was crap for it. I got it cuz it look cool basically lol, the tippman is great, doesn't give me much problems. I don't play much anymore, maybe 3 times a summer, but used to a lot about 10 years ago. back then i had a 20$ walmart pump action gun w/ laser sight. Loved that gun. lol

DP G4

Tippman A5

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 4:33pm
Damn, that dangerous power g4 is nice. I was actually looking at those online yesterday.. I like the way they look too, and I think the empire axe looks cool lol. And the tipman a5 is suppose to be great, it's pretty popular or so I'm told. Yeah, I haven't played in probably 4 years or so and recently started watching paintball vids on YouTube and got all excited lol. Now would probably be a good time to play here since the weather is in the 50s and 60s (at the moment atleast)

-------------
- Best Coast

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 4:40pm
I still remember the first time I played at a course.. I was like 12 and had a stingray and was absolutely terrified haha. My mask kept fogging up and I couldn't see anything

I had a $20 pump gun too for my first paintball experience.. it was a brass eagle blade and it sucked so bad lol

-------------
- Best Coast

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 4:46pm
This is my marker now.. It's ok but if I get back into it I am definitely going to get a better one

-------------
- Best Coast

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 4:53pm
That tippman is really popular here and yes very good. I might have to shoot that g4 now this weekend. Just sitting in a case in my closet lol.

I get all my stuff from paintball-online.com. they have pretty much everything.

First time I played I was 16 and would get pissed when I got shot. Lol but as I grew up I realized my dumb ass just can't Rambo it all the time. I didn't use gear either becuz back then south Dakota didn't have a course so we played at a buddy's farm with nothing but blue jeans and white shirts.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 4:55pm
Never used a spyder but I heard they are worth getting.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 5:00pm
Ok, I'll check that site out. Yeah, if I start to get back into it then I definitely need a better gun.

Have you played at a course before?

-------------
- Best Coast

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

Never used a spyder but I heard they are worth getting.

Yeah they are pretty good if you are just starting out because they are decent and the price is not high.. I think I paid $120 for mine.

-------------
- Best Coast

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 5:43pm
I've played on 3. Two here in the Sioux falls area and one in Omaha Nebraska.

Ever been in a league?

-------------

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 6:26pm
Nice. I found a place in Birmingham called Fort Red Rock that seems cool, they have a few courses and one is an airball course. Probably going to go there soon. I went to a couple a while back but both places have closed down over the years. I know of only two paintball parks within an hour drive from here that actually have websites with information and pictures lol. There are others but with no website or information and just a phone number I would rather go to one that I know will have more than a handful of people playing.

No I haven't but I think that would be awesome to be part of a paintball league. I'm guessing you have been in a league? My problem is only a couple of people I know are willing to play everyone else is like "that sounds fun but it sounds expensive!" lol.

I'm going to play a couple of times and if i get into it again I will buy a better paintball gun and start playing often. Pretty sure I will. I have been looking at the DP G5 and the invert mini and I like both.. They sounded expensive at first but seemed like a good deal compared the the $1000+ markers I saw yesterday.. I had no idea they get that expensive lol like are they really that much better??

-------------
- Best Coast

Date Posted: 28 Jan 2013 at 7:08pm
After you get passed $400 I think the guns can't be to much different. Then again I never shot a $1000 paintball gun. Just seems ridiculous.

And no. My spring through early fall work schedule doesn't allow me to be apart of leagues. But always seemed like it would be fun to do.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Feb 2013 at 11:47pm
So this guy I work with is selling me a WGP Outkast autoc***er with a carbon fiber tank, 5 dye barrels, 4 masks, and a padded vest for $100.. I don't know much about this brand (or about good pb markers in general) but I did some research and it's supposedly an old school style gun that is actually bad ass but it needs to be tuned up and I'll probably have to take it to a repair shop. Do you know anything about this brand? Not sure if it is worth the trouble or not, I read it was a b**** to take apart and oil.

-------------
- Best Coast

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 12:36pm
I Don't know much about those. I do know they are not cheap when new, but have never been around them or used one. For a 100$ though and everything you are getting it sounds like a hell of a deal to at least try. If you dont like it you could prolly sell the gun on eBay for 100. I googled it and reviews on those guns are damn good. New is 550$. From what i read i would buy it for 100 if im getting all that stuff with it and if you are planning to play more and upgrade your gun anyways.

Worth a shot, literally........ that was retarded lol

-------------

Posted By: SIZZLE
Date Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 3:29pm
how hard could a paintball gun be to take apart? lol

-------------
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 8:41pm
@sizzle
The auto c***er is pretty complicated actually lol but if you are familiar with real guns then it probably wouldn't be that bad or if you are big into paintball. Most paintball guns are simple to take apart and clean or replace parts but the autoc***er is not like that. It has a ton of parts to take off. I don't know a whole lot about this so I didn't want to mess anything up.

@seph
Yeah, I am going to try it out to see if I like it first. I was asking because it seems kinda difficult to take care of and didnt know if you knew anything about it.

-------------
- Best Coast

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 8:56pm
Yeah i dont know anything about servicing them. But i am sure as soon as you do it once, you'll know it well enough to easily do it again. Should just be 3 main parts, Barrel, handle, and action.... dont know why you should have to take it any further apart to clean it.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Feb 2013 at 9:46pm
It's weird because it has way more parts to take off I guess because it's mechanical. I'll figure it out though

-------------
- Best Coast

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz - http://www.webwiz.co.uk