Subject: New PS3 Update!!
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:22pm
enjoy...Clap

-------------
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!

Replies:
Posted By: Crypto-_-421
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:26pm
iI Agree!!!  Omg check and requiring an update! doing now!!!!!

-------------

Posted By: JPINATOR
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:27pm
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/ps3-system-software-update/

We have been working on a new PS3 system software update that requires all PSN users to change their password once PlayStation Network is restored. The update (v3.61) is mandatory and is available now.

If using a PS3, your password can only be changed on your own PS3 (or a PS3 on which your PSN account was activated), as an added layer of security. If you have never downloaded any content using your account on the system, an email will be sent to the registered sign-in ID (email address) associated with your account when you first attempt to sign-in to PSN. This e-mail will contain a link that will enable you to change your password. In this email, click on the link and follow the instructions to change your password. Once you have changed your password you can sign-in to your account using your new password.

We strongly recommend that all PSN account holders with PS3s update their systems to prepare for when PlayStation Network is back online. The release of this update is a critical step as we work to make PlayStation Network significantly more secure. Thank you for your continued support and patience.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:36pm
PSN is NOT back.. just to clarify.. but they do want you to do the update

-------------

Posted By: gr01n5h07
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:49pm
Thanks... I did the update.

-------------
Bots > Me > valjohn > Syzygy
PSN/XBL: gr01n5h07, MLP_gr01n5h07, sHoCkD_ThE_wOrLd, JFF_DuCkTaPe

Posted By: FehtalaTee
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:52pm
no problem im here to helpSmile

-------------

Posted By: Dalsk
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:09pm
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/kazuo-hirai-playstation-network-relaunch-announcement/

New video.

-------------
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;

I have spread my dreams under your feet;

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

William Butler Yeats

Posted By: BAIN
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:14pm
see JP, I told you IHOP was not a douche. GOOD JOB IHOP!!!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:15pm
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/play-on-%E2%80%93-psn-restoration-begins-now/

The PSN is being turned on gradually in the US :)

-------------

William Butler Yeats

Posted By: Do_Or_Die_420
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:24pm
Figures that link isnt showin up 4 me on da ps3 browser..

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:32pm
I did the update, and it's not up in France yet.

Apparently it's back in some states.

-------------

William Butler Yeats

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:41pm

Thank you for your patience and encouragement over the last few weeks. As covered in the post from earlier today, you can now http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/ps3-system-software-update/ - update the firmware on your PS3 and change your password. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/kazuo-hirai-playstation-network-relaunch-announcement/ - Kazuo Hirai just announced that we have begun the phased restoration by region of some of the services, starting with online multiplayer functionality.

Please note that these services will take a bit of time to be turned on and rolled out to the whole country. The process has begun and some states are being turned on now, so please be patient as we reach your city and state. We’ll be updating the map below as service comes online in individual states. It will take several hours to restore PSN throughout the entire country, so please keep checking back for the latest updates. In the meantime, now’s a great time to get your PS3’s firmware updated and change your password, both of which are required to get online.

-------------

Posted By: WaR
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:43pm
Ladies and gentlemen, your PS3 may technically be able to connect to http://www.engadget.com/tag/PlayStationNetwork/ - - rank among the easiest decisions that you've ever made.

Update: Sony's just announced that a "phased restoration" of PlayStation Network and Qriocity is beginning today, and that online gaming, Music Unlimited, Netflix, Hulu, Vudu and MLB.TV should rolling out right now in Europe and North America. Watch cool cat Kaz Hirai deliver the good news in a video after the break.

Update 2: Sony's got a map of the US up, and will be lighting up individual states -- check out our more coverage link to get a rough idea of when you'll be able to play. The company also says it plans to have PlayStation Network fully functional by the end of May. PR after the break.

-------------
DuEL+paSsIon=sKilLz

Posted By: GhostofalucarD
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:46pm
I wasn't asked to change my password when i did the update. Did you have to go somewhere to do that?

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:46pm
Well I can't wait any longer, it's almost 3am in France, I'm going to bed guys ^^

-------------

William Butler Yeats

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:50pm
updated & ready 2 lock&load my shock rifle!!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by iAM_Determined

I wasn't asked to change my password when i did the update. Did you have to go somewhere to do that?

You'll have to wait till PSN comes back online, what I did was click on the "forgot your password" button when I try and sign in and it goes to a different menu but it says there its under maintenance.

-------------

Posted By: GhostofalucarD
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

Originally posted by iAM_Determined

You'll have to wait till PSN comes back online, what I did was click on the "forgot your password" button when I try and sign in and it goes to a different menu but it says there its under maintenance.

thanks, thought i f'd up when i chose the auto shutdown after the update. so no ones changed their pw yet til we get online. sounds good thought since this was my 3rd ps3 that i might have problems since it wasnt the original ps3.
now just a few more hrs... i can almost smell it.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:00pm
lol yeah we are placing bets on what state will be up first, I picked North Dakota hahaha, Bain picked Texas of course.. couple people said Alaska or Hawaii haha

-------------

Posted By: TX2k7
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:06pm
i say cali & west coast simultaneously (exclude Alaska & Hawaii)

-------------
http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:18pm
going by everyone on this website, no one is from VA so im guessing its going to be one of the ones last in line...OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!Angry

im going to be the last one getting jumpboots

stupid playstation notwork!!

-------------

Posted By: YINYANG
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:03pm

East coast , and west coast at the same time and theyll work there way into the middle

-------------

Posted By: Tacote_del_Orno
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:11pm
Start in the center(midwest), then spread like a disease for all these gaming addicts

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:18pm
PSN is up in NJ.  I just reset gr01n5h07 and sHoCkD_ThE_wOrLd
edit: the store does not work for me, and I'm not sure what else does not work, but I'm just glad I could change my passwords.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:20pm
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/05/14/play-on-%E2%80%93-psn-restoration-begins-now/

East coast is highlighted... they are first.. far west as New York

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:25pm
well that's strange, i cant load the page

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:26pm
o there it goes

Posted By: TheSeph
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:35pm
I want my psn now!
mother f***er i made this name on my exgf's email she'll never give me the password

-------------
GT:TheSeph QcP

PSN:TheSeph

Posted By: Do_Or_Die_420
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:38pm
Where is the LoVe 4 the MidWest!!?

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:44pm
it's a conspiracy against the Midwest, watch as soon as its our turn is gonna be hello Kali

Posted By: YINYANG
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:45pm
looks like the playstation blog site has crashed lol

-------------

Posted By: env_1ner
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:51pm
cali is working already

-------------

Posted By: SHINOBI
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:59pm
Updated.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:01pm
it's a conspiracy i tell you, next the servers for midwest to logon wont functionDead

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Tacote_del_Orno

Start in the center(midwest), then spread like a disease for all these gaming addicts

spread like a disease? sounds like a OuTBRaKe!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:07pm
KLm3dia

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:12pm
YES!!!! Almost time 2 throw on a pair of jump-boots & get 2 work!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Crypto-_-421

YES!!!! Almost time 2 throw on a pair of jump-boots & get 2 work!!!!
lol

-------------

Posted By: ax412
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:20pm
california love!

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:21pm

-------------
DuEL+paSsIon=sKilLz

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:22pm

Clap

-------------
DuEL+paSsIon=sKilLz

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:38pm
damn war thats a nice map

-------------

Posted By: TX2k7
Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:45pm
lol me woolvie & darakoom r on...bout to join thm in ut3

-------------
http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:45pm
Yo guys check ur themes!! Since update, all corrupt except batman & g.o.w.   wtf?
and bckground defaulted too.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:05am
Originally posted by TX2k7

lol me woolvie & darakoom r on...bout to join thm in ut3
OMGGGG!!! THE NOOB BEAT ME!!! WOOOOOOOWW!!! -_-

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:09am
In florida!! and im in!!! When in u go straight to passwordng & re-password !!!   

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:14am
WOOOOOOOOOOWW!!! look at the stupid map! right under VA! im about to shot someone(send someone a gun and hopefully they know what to do and ill take the credit for it)

the psn is being so childish and making the VA go last

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:47am
Originally posted by iAM_HoPe

WOOOOOOOOOOWW!!! look at the stupid map! right under VA! im about to shot someone(send someone a gun and hopefully they know what to do and ill take the credit for it)

the psn is being so childish and making the VA go last

LOL No0By iAM_HoPe-iNg I have better luck than u at least. 

Posted By: hinterland
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 12:53am

I got on, changed my password, synch'd my trophies (trophy level 12!), and played WAR-Downtown with a few people.

I'm surprised that there would be like 8 people in a warfare server within hours of PSN going back up.

-------------
Send your PSN friend requests to: hint-korp
http://unrealtournament4.com/

Posted By: iAM_KayoticKilla
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 1:37am
Nothing like living in Omaha, Neb and knowing that I'll be one of the last states to be including in this roll out. I just hope something doesnt happen half way through this process which would cause a further delayed.

-------------
iAM_Dedicated, iAM_Dependable, iAM_Dynamic: I Am KayoticKilla

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 1:57am
oh yea got a few rounds of dm in even hosted and and some jumped in already.   Shield nelt!!  Here i come!!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:29am
They've got Alaska and Puerto Rico before the f***ing Midwest.. this is so dumb!!!!

-------------

Posted By: unknown_latina
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:48am
Hey u guys should add my account. Psycho_twinkie (:

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 3:39am
According to the map, the whole USA is back online.I'm hoping for the rest of the world today.

-------------

William Butler Yeats

Posted By: danjel3+5
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:22am
I'm quite happy for it not to be back up in EU yet... I'm doing the download but I know I'll just waste the whole day if it comes back online. 

Hope it is online tomorrow night, I'll jump on after the gym and spend a nice 3 hours making people cry.

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/DanjelV8" rel="nofollow - Click Me :)

iAMgaming... where unimportant people come to feel important.

Posted By: ThAtSmAtT
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:21am
i done the update but i cant even ch\ange my password though... when i go to forgot password it just says its still under maintenance... so for now... this update has done nothing for me lol.. do EU still have to wait a while before they can even change their passwords.. and then wait longer after that for psn to be back...?

-------------

Posted By: Aquaknot
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:40am
You can do the update before they restore access to their network.  Once the network is restored, you change your password.  If you can change your password, you have access to PSN.  Just did mine this morning and it took all of 10 to 15 seconds.  I could sign in immediately and all my messages, friends, trophies and downloads were there.

Their instructions (prior to an area going live) are a bit sparse, but once you are able to update your password, it's pretty straight forward from there.

-------------
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Posted By: coolworx
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:41am
Originally posted by ThAtSmAtT

i done the update but i cant even ch\ange my password though... when i go to forgot password it just says its still under maintenance... so for now... this update has done nothing for me lol.. do EU still have to wait a while before they can even change their passwords.. and then wait longer after that for psn to be back...?

thats also my question, same thing here...

Lick me...
Coolworx

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:49am
lol... just read it properly.. the update was to make it required for us to sign on ONCE psn is up lol.. btw for the people that have psn back up..... they said there may be an xmb change.. that happened? has anything changed at all? since sony said to expect a nhuge update when psn is back.... guess thewy didnt deliver what was apparently promised.. being cross game chat etc etc....???

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:51am

lol... just read it properly.. the update was to make it required for us to sign on ONCE psn is up lol.. btw for the people that have psn back up..... they said there may be an xmb change.. that happened? has anything changed at all? since sony said to expect a nhuge update when psn is back.... guess thewy didnt deliver what was apparently promised.. being cross game chat etc etc....???

Ha glad you read it properly this time :)

I reckon it might be two days before we are back on... I'm happy for them to use America to iron out all the small faults and then we can play hassle free :D

-------------

Posted By: daaBOMB
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:53am
^^ true true i guess ... was kinda excited when i heard it was back on ... but then realised it was only for Americans :(

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:55am
lol xD ha ha funny lol.... but yeah... ben reading through multiple sites that there are no new features confirmed.. and its unlicky there willl be any... wtf thats b0ll0cks...lso if thats not true then only just the 30 day subcriptions and a couple of games for download is not nearly enough to compensate us -_-... hmm we'll just have to wait and see... all i want now really is to be back online but im was also looking forward to new features aswell... guess not.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 6:59am

lol xD ha ha funny lol.... but yeah... ben reading through multiple sites that there are no new features confirmed.. and its unlicky there willl be any... wtf thats b0ll0cks...lso if thats not true then only just the 30 day subcriptions and a couple of games for download is not nearly enough to compensate us -_-... hmm we'll just have to wait and see... all i want now really is to be back online but im was also looking forward to new features aswell... guess not.

Compensate us for what? A free service that hasn't been available?

Only thing I'm surprised about is that companies like Treyarch hasn't commenced legal action.

-------------

Posted By: puertoRICAN
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 7:03am
Originally posted by JPINATOR

They've got Alaska and Puerto Rico before the f***ing Midwest.. this is so dumb!!!! 
Thats just cuz there better then the midwest, simple mathematics.  :D

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh

Posted By: ColossusSlayer
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 7:03am
[TUBE]-u8W784FTkw[/TUBE]

-------------
http://img824.imageshack.us/i/ps2topshadowbanner.jpg/" rel="nofollow">

Posted By: STYLE
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 7:42am
i call sony hotline ! he say europe goes online when 90% of the ps3 got the new firmware!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:01am
Originally posted by STYLE

i call sony hotline ! he say europe goes online when 90% of the ps3 got the new firmware!

Ohje, hoffen Wir mal, dass die meisten aktualisieren u. nicht im Urlaub sind...

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:20am
Originally posted by hinterland

I got on, changed my password, synch'd my trophies (trophy level 12!), and played WAR-Downtown with a few people.

I'm surprised that there would be like 8 people in a warfare server within hours of PSN going back up.

Thats because all of the other servers in all modes need to be reset.  That was the only server that worked.  BTW... gg to anyone who was there...

-------------

Posted By: valjohn
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 9:06am
updated but still offline here Unhappy

Posted By: SilverJ-17
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 11:59am
It seems Canada might of gotten it back as well.  I checked the map again as soon as I got on and they were in the green.  We got PSN back here around 2:00AM.  All of my passwords are now changed.  I don't know why I bothered with the other two alts, since I no longer use them, only my main and another one.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 1:33pm
http://chaosdropzone.com/?p=1069 - http://chaosdropzone.com/?p=1069

It's up!

-------------

Posted By: JakeT111
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 1:39pm
Back online in England guys :)

Edit: Store's still down though, I wanna see what my free stuff is lol

Posted By: F.u.k-shaker
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 1:50pm
norway is down...

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 1:54pm
Waiting for f***ing hours to get this email sent to my account!

-------------

Posted By: Rish_man
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:01pm
JakeT111 how long did it take for you to receive your email?

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:11pm
Still nothing in France grrrr

-------------

William Butler Yeats

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Rish_man

I'm still waiting... been about 20 mins at least.

-------------

Posted By: ColossusSlayer
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:41pm
I can sign in :)

duel anyone???

-------------
http://img824.imageshack.us/i/ps2topshadowbanner.jpg/" rel="nofollow">

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 2:49pm
I hear strider wants one of torlan!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 3:02pm
France is back online.
Changing my passwords :D

-------------

William Butler Yeats

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Dalsk

France is back online.
Changing my passwords :D

Cry... germany still down

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 3:06pm

danjel3+5 must have been about an hour for me now...checking back to the email I received from sony regarding the "Service Update - Important information for registered users of etc etc", that was sent on the 30th of April, if sony are consistent I should expect an email by the end of next week. Big smile

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 3:24pm
I made a new account. Played one game of UT3 and now going to play black ops.

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 3:32pm
Still waiting for the email...

-------------

William Butler Yeats

Posted By: JakeT111
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Rish_man

What email? I just checked and I have a password confirmation one but no others?

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 3:40pm
Got ya, think I'll just wait.

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 3:41pm
Germany also online...back againWink

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 3:42pm
Just make a new account and then wait for the email... That what I did and I've already had a killing spree with a flag :)

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 3:56pm
I don't want to create another account.
Oh well, I'll wait.

-------------

William Butler Yeats

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 4:52pm
Got the email... but the website is under maintenance again.
But I guess it's only overloaded.

-------------

William Butler Yeats

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:12pm
Why wait for 3 hours? I've made another account, still no email but I've been able to play online. 

Don't be silly, just make one and then delete it if you don't care for it... Dalsk2, there you go! Easy :)

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:16pm
its down.. f.ck .

-------------

Posted By: daaBOMB
Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:16pm

it signed me out and i can't get back online ... my sister is on and playing ... grrr

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:19pm
strange, you playing Danj??

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:31pm
Well I logged out and once I had, it wouldn't even let me do the password thing on my normal account. Said it was doing maintenance again. I know it is easy for me to say because I've been on for a few hours but I really wouldn't bother tonight!

Put your feet up and watch a good film... I'm off to bed to watch family guy!

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:37pm
Accordoing to Twitter, it's working again for some people.

-------------

William Butler Yeats

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:37pm
well the only thing i can guess is that since alot of people are having a problem with the fact that you have to have email verification to sign into accounts that were made on your current ps3..... sony may be reversing that now as iguess millions of people worldwide didnt use a proper email address for their accounts..... maybe sony have put it down for maintenance again just to reverse their update so people can sign in on their accounts without email verification.. other than that... im clueless as to whats going on...

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:47pm
well its either that.... or psn is just being flooded with traffic of people trying to sign in again lol.. which is probably what happened....

-------------

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:52pm
From Twitter:

The UK, Ireland and the Middle East are all now back online. Other countries to follow soon http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23PSN - - #PSN

-------------

William Butler Yeats

Date Posted: 15 May 2011 at 5:58pm
Or you could go to sleep, wake up feeling good and it will be working!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz - http://www.webwiz.co.uk