Print Page | Close Window

Create his own server (need aqua for help :-) )

Printed From: iAMGaming.com
Category: Unreal Tournament 3
Forum Name: Server Administration
Forum Discription: "How to" guide and downloads for UT3 PC based servers
URL: http://www.iamgaming.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6594
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 6:12pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Create his own server (need aqua for help :-) )
Posted By: Dr4g0v
Subject: Create his own server (need aqua for help :-) )
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 3:16pm
Hi guys,

DEVIL_-0-neg wanted to know some stuff about hosting dedicated server for ut3 ps3. He don't speak weel english so i help him.

I saw the good post from "administrator" (the tutorial)

After reading this post. i've few question :

-What is the ratio ko/s for hosting one slots. how much mega do you need for hosting a 12/14/16 players without lag ?

-Do you need a pc constantly turn on, wich configuration, more windows (wich version ?) or linux?

Oneg is not very good, but i can use logmein.com in order to use his pc at distance...

-------------

Replies:
Posted By: Pinnacle
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 3:20pm
Most of it depend on the upload rate. Download rated on the PC server end are generally not an issue unless your connection is under 5mb/s. As for the configuration and specs of the PC, a **** PC from the 90s can run UT3 for server use. The system resources are minimal. It's all about bandwidth. Now if he is playing in the same house that he is running the server, it may affect his bandwidth. However, if the bandwidth is large enough, this shouldn't be an issue. Lastly, if you want to run the server 24/7, yes you have to leave it on all day long.

Aqua ran his own server for a while. He'd be the expert at this.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 3:51pm
Thanks pinakul (i'm gonna don't punnish you next time )

If i have understand, with 100megabits you can host...a 16 slots without lag ?

i'm gonna ask to 0neg in order to know how much mega he have.

Again, thanks alot

-------------

Posted By: Pinnacle
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by Dr4g0v

Thanks pinakul (i'm gonna don't punnish you next time )

If i have understand, with 100megabits you can host...a 16 slots without lag ?

i'm gonna ask to 0neg in order to know how much mega he have.

Again, thanks alot

Is 100mb the hardrive size, the RAM or your bandwidth?

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 5:20pm
In my theory, 100mb is the bandwitdth.

In france ADSL =

1mega (my internet)
2mega
4mega
6mega
8mega
10mega
18mega

100mega

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 5:24pm
Again, I'LL NOT HOSTING this server. it's devil_-0neg-. he've probally OPTICAL CABLE (100mb).

-------------

Posted By: Aquaknot
Date Posted: 03 Jan 2011 at 7:27pm
You should have at least a P4 quad core machine running Windows Vista SP2 (windows XP is easier to set up than Vista) with 8Gb RAM and a GB (giga-bit) ethernet port.  Your router should also be have/be a GB router.  You need at least 10Mb down and 1.5MB or better up to host 10 slots.  As your bandwidth improves, you can add slots.

I was able to run 4 servers simultaneously on a box configured like this, but I had the bandwidth to spare.  Yes - you can run more than one game server from a single machine.

There are instructions all over the internet for which ports to open in your router for GameSpy, voice chat etc.  If you have a firewall and plan to keep it, you will need to add the machine hosting the game server to the DMZ in the router.

You'll have to find and download a copy of PC hosted for the PS3 server software.  You may be able to find this at the Epic website.  I haven't done it in so long, I would be of little help in assisting with the configuration.  I know there are detailed instructions in the "Server Admin" thread from ages ago.  Nothing has changed in this regard except adding the Titan pack, maps and mode.

To my knowledge, Windows 7 is not compatible.

Good luck

-------------
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 1:13pm
Woa ! Thanks you very much. I'm surprise about the RAM needed. You talking about ddr1 ?

Again thanks ;) Now i'll see with my friends if it's possible or not. :)

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 2:48pm
You can run a single game server on 4Gb RAM no problem.  That's about all the machine will be able to do at the time though.  All of the physics and rendering is happening on the local PS3 boxes, but your server is managing session states, voice chat and bidirectional packets from up to 16 devices/players.

I found a copy of the server software (version 2.0) on an old laptop jut this morning.  Let me know if you need it and I'll set it up as a temporary download from the A-R website.  Version 2.0 accepts the Titan Maps and Titan Mode.  You can use the Titan maps without the Titans though.  The Titan mode Mutator is called "Hero".

-------------
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson

Date Posted: 04 Jan 2011 at 3:21pm
oh nice Aqua !

I'll give you information soon if we'll try or not.

Thaaaaaaaanks :)

-------------

Posted By: foxyro
Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:04pm
I am stuck...
1. First I need to find out witch version I have install
Init: Version: 3809 = 2.1?
I did install this version ( http://www.mp-servers.com/ut3dedicatedserverinstallationtutorial.php - http://www.mp-servers.com/ut3dedicatedserverinstallationtutorial.php ) then I installed PATCH 5

2. PSN log in error (game spy)
What is this error???
ScriptLog: Attempting to re-register the game with the online service

This is my guess... I have a game spy account created trough their web site. It's not working...

3. Web Admin.
ScriptLog: Web Server Created http://85.204.224.91:7778 Port: 7778 MaxCon 18 ExpirationSecs 86400 Enabled True
Warning: Failed to load 'Class WebAdmin.UTServerAdmin': Failed to find object 'Class WebAdmin.UTServerAdmin'
ScriptLog: Failed to load WebAdmin.UTServerAdmin
Warning: Failed to load 'Class WebAdmin.UTImageServer': Failed to find object 'Class WebAdmin.UTImageServer'
ScriptLog: Failed to load WebAdmin.UTImageServer
ScriptLog: Activating link setup Default

Please help me....

Date Posted: 17 Jan 2011 at 5:27pm
Looks to me like mp-servers has several patches and updates for their custom flavor of web admin.  I would contact them and ask them to help you configure your server.  I know other hosts have always jumped on any request I made.

-------------
-- Thomas Jefferson

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 5:24am
I am struck at log in to gamespy account  I think. 

I get " Attempting to register the game with online service"

In order to use the server I can change command line manually, I don' need webAdmin( for now) but how can I get trough this error? 

I have game spy account but it's not working.

Can you recommend other installation kit.
Maybe this one does not have the game spy tool and if I create my account on web it's not working. 
I have the installation kit from here "  http://www.mp-servers.com/ut3serverdownloads.php - http://www.mp-servers.com/ut3serverdownloads.php  "
Thank you!

Date Posted: 19 Jan 2011 at 7:21am
If their download is legit (no reason it wouldn't be) then it could be your ports or firewall.

Take a look at the server admin page WOPR made ages ago.  I think he has the port settings there.  If all of those are ok, then ask MP-Servers to create a new gamespy account for you.  It only takes them a few seconds.

If they can't do it, maybe ask Pinnacle via PM if he will order a new gamesy account via his hosted server account.  You can trust him completely.

-------------
-- Thomas Jefferson

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 3:34am
Thank you for your help.
I did find other server installation kit.
This one it's working better I can use my game spy account.
Still testing.

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 4:34pm
Second stage.
My server (home testing server) it's working fine.
Now I have to apply Patch 3,4,5.
The problem is after a any of these patch my server have the same error.
"Game.ini it's out of date, do you want to update - Yes to all."
The error " Ambiguous package name: Using 'C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\CustomChars\".
A lot of these errors came and the server it's stopping.

Any clue?

Date Posted: 20 Jan 2011 at 6:40pm
I would find a clean copy of the patches from another source and try again.  The file(s) you are attempting o apply may be corrupt.

-------------
-- Thomas Jefferson

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz - http://www.webwiz.co.uk