Print Page | Close Window

just got these, what amp do i need?

Printed From: iAMGaming.com
Category: Off Topic Forums
Forum Name: Headsets and other accessories
Forum Discription: What equipment has improved your gaming experience?
URL: http://www.iamgaming.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=1601
Printed Date: 27 May 2024 at 3:59pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: just got these, what amp do i need?
Posted By: _EnVy_
Subject: just got these, what amp do i need?
Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 4:53pm
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11038888&tab=Features - http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=11038888&tab=Features

-------------

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"

Replies:
Posted By: Prince Big Woody
Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 4:54pm
copy paste fail?

-------------

Posted By: Danjel8
Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 4:55pm
I reckon if we start quoting this original post repeatedly it will be the longest quote box in approximately 2 posts.

So your using Headphones now? You gonna be using them for warfare or wouldn't it make sense?

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by ICN_Danjel8

I reckon if we start quoting this original post repeatedly it will be the longest quote box in approximately 2 posts.

So your using Headphones now? You gonna be using them for warfare or wouldn't it make sense?

r u crazy? i can play wf one handed and with my eyes closed. to much noise in multi player modes like wf for them to be useful, maybe on maps like sinkhole i will. but yeah im using hp's and going to be switching to fragfx. all i need now is a matching amp to go with these sony 6000. what would be a good matching amp?

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Posted By: ReverendCrow
Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:04pm
dude im telling you dont switch to fragfx its good but beyond difficult to use ur better off just using controller+mouse

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

dude im telling you dont switch to fragfx its good but beyond difficult to use ur better off just using controller+mouse

isnt that fragfx? i just want soming else besides the damn controller to aim with. should i just go all out kbm?

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Posted By: puertoRICAN
Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:09pm
ive try'd the controller/mouse combo and it worked OK
if i had a better mouse i'd DEFF. be playin like that more offten.
aim is a bit better with mouse and easy-er to use

-------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:12pm
oh god no kb is worse the only person i knew who used kb so efficiently well two ppl would be maiden and helscream dont know how they did it took forever i assume because of how jump is unless they changed they default set up i would go with controller+mouse L1 jump L2 talk L3 to get inside a vehicle Mouse 3 to use translocator (can be switched with L3 depending on ur preference) hold that on one hand and use the mouse on ur other same concept as frag but the actual frag fx is more difficult to use because of how bad the fragfx mouse is plus a nrmal mouse is way more sensitive then the frag mouse even ust a 20 dollar mouse hell with 20 i can just go to walmart and get a 1000 dpi mouse i recommend using controller+mouse combo cost less then fragfx and IMO more effective but if your going to use a vehicle with that combo its going to take a bit of work to get back to using it properly its a bit difficult as sometimes it takes me a bit to remember how to self destruct i believe its just holdin down the secondary fire but i dont play vehicle modes as often as you so you should catch on quickly

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:16pm
ok gurus i want AMP info plox!

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:16pm
probably best off with Fn A members replying

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:17pm
drokun i use controller+mouse so im right to give info..

edit: as for ur amp question sorry dont use headphones so i wouldnt know i use surround sound

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:19pm
I meant amp info

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:33pm
where is pawsleezy when ya need him?? =[

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Posted By: ninefive
Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 5:44pm

oh god no kb is worse the only person i knew who used kb so efficiently well two ppl would be maiden and helscream dont know how they did it took forever i assume because of how jump is unless they changed they default set up i would go with controller+mouse L1 jump L2 talk L3 to get inside a vehicle Mouse 3 to use translocator (can be switched with L3 depending on ur preference) hold that on one hand and use the mouse on ur other same concept as frag but the actual frag fx is more difficult to use because of how bad the fragfx mouse is plus a nrmal mouse is way more sensitive then the frag mouse even ust a 20 dollar mouse hell with 20 i can just go to walmart and get a 1000 dpi mouse i recommend using controller+mouse combo cost less then fragfx and IMO more effective but if your going to use a vehicle with that combo its going to take a bit of work to get back to using it properly its a bit difficult as sometimes it takes me a bit to remember how to self destruct i believe its just holdin down the secondary fire but i dont play vehicle modes as often as you so you should catch on quickly

i was the best kbm player in the game.. period

Posted By: RemY
Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Drokun

I dont know any good reliable amps but i personally do not recommend Sony as your choice for headphones. If you want high quality gaming headphones I would look to the top brands such as
Sennheisers, Steel Series, Icemats, Razers, or worse Turtle Beaches.

I used to own a pair of all of those gaming products and i personally prefer Sennheisers, Steel Series (Steel Sound), or Icemats.

One my favorites would be the Sennheisers HD555. You can wear that baby for hours and not feel anything. Emits amazing audio and works quite excellent for music as well.

The only cons i can see on the HD555 is the lack of microphone and the capablity to work with the ps3. But can be easily solvable with Audio Component splitters. Basically it Splits the GREEN WIRE (Computer Jack audio) to the component audio (RED & WHITE).

-------------
name_is_clantag

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 6:07pm
oh crap thats right yeah deadaim also i cant believe i forgot you u had such a weird set up

-------------

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by ninefive

helscream, leo aka potato ring a bell?

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by RemY

Originally posted by Drokun

I dont know any good reliable amps but i personally do not recommend Sony as your choice for headphones. If you want high quality gaming headphones I would look to the top brands such as
Sennheisers, Steel Series, Icemats, Razers, or worse Turtle Beaches.

I used to own a pair of all of those gaming products and i personally prefer Sennheisers, Steel Series (Steel Sound), or Icemats.

One my favorites would be the Sennheisers HD555. You can wear that baby for hours and not feel anything. Emits amazing audio and works quite excellent for music as well.

The only cons i can see on the HD555 is the lack of microphone and the capablity to work with the ps3. But can be easily solvable with Audio Component splitters. Basically it Splits the GREEN WIRE (Computer Jack audio) to the component audio (RED & WHITE).

yeah but i have the sony6000s because they are the first sonys to be engineered for gaming and total surround sound on any device. i need to find a quality amp to bring out the potential in these. there is just something missing imo and i need to know what amp to bring them to life. the fiber optic plug in the back of the ps3 and its crappy low output amp isnt up to my standards. need to know how to rock these bad boys..

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Posted By: GOD_BIOFREAK
Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by RemY

[QUOTE=Drokun]probably best off with Fn A members replying
I dont know any good reliable amps but i personally do not recommend Sony as your choice for headphones. If you want high quality gaming headphones I would look to the top brands such asSennheisers, Steel Series, Icemats, Razers, or worse Turtle Beaches.I used to own a pair of all of those gaming products and i personally prefer Sennheisers, Steel Series (Steel Sound), or Icemats.One my favorites would be the Sennheisers HD555. You can wear that baby for hours and not feel anything. Emits amazing audio and works quite excellent for music as well.The only cons i can see on the HD555 is the lack of microphone and the capablity to work with the ps3. But can be easily solvable with Audio Component splitters.           turtle beaches ain't bad pawweezy pwns everyone using those and terry use TRiTToN But switched to seinhiesser srry for spelling

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by _EnVy_

helscream, leo aka potato ring a bell?

yea helscream rings a bell, potato was a newbie

and yea i was by far the best mouse player in the game. helscream played alot more then me and his strategies and knoweldge are better then mine were, but im talking about mouse keyboard player as far as killing/aim. i think people forget the first 6 months of this game where noone could come close to touching me in tdm, the only person in duels that gave me good games was lex i was blowing good players like phantaci and helscream out badly. i broke my arm in a bike accident and just all around didnt play near as much as some ppl so obviously some people caught up.

but as far as helscream, great teammate incredible player, our duel record is like 100-10 though (to give helscream credit he hated duels for the longest time and most were on my host)
helscream had a cheapo mouse, his aim wasnt what made helscream so deadly, it was his knoweldge of the game.

maiden and rico are the next 2 top kbm players to mention, both are incredible with mouse and keyboard but my duel record vs them had me winning aswell.
as far as potato, yawn.. dude never even dueled if he did he hid behind an alias and i can count on 1 hand the amount of losses i took in duels in the first 6+ months of the game and none were vs aliases.

i know its a difrent game, but i have my pc aim back now after a few months of practice and if anyone wants to come on kbm and play me in quake live ill show them my skills on kbm

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 8:41pm
ok amp talk time?????

i thought you guys knew something, any non noobs out there that can help me? please no more noob posts on how good you think you used to be. this is about amps that are needed with the said about headphones...

p.s. to deadaim...counter strike and you got a deal?

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Posted By: Pinnacle
Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 9:03pm

ok amp talk time?????

i thought you guys knew something, any non noobs out there that can help me? please no more noob posts on how good you think you used to be. this is about amps that are needed with the said about headphones...

Are you going to also run a mic with these headphones?

Any amp would work. These have a stereo mini plug, so any home stereo amp should work. Do you have a budget in mind? Your setup should look like the following: PS3 digital out or component out to the amp, then the amp to the headphones. However, you need a different connection for the mic. The best option with this setup would be to place a mic on a table or clip one to your shirt and run that either via blutooth or usb.

If you are using this for the PS3, they make sets like this that are usb, that include a mic. Although it looks a little fighter pilot, they generally get great reviews.

If you are just using these outside of the PS3, then I'm a personal fan of Harman Kardon. The quality is impacable, but they do come with a heft prive tag. For the price and the best all around natural sound quality, Yamaha is a hands down winner. But if you can flip the bill, go with Harman.

Bose generally gets decent reviews, but I would stay away from them. The saying goes "No highs, no lows, then must be bose." Also, Sony's amps are alright, but nothing to write home about. Yamaha on the other hand would work Bose and Sony any day of the week. Yamaha's sound quality is well known and praised in the industry.

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

ok amp talk time?????

Are you going to also run a mic with these headphones?

Any amp would work. These have a stereo mini plug, so any home stereo amp should work. Do you have a budget in mind? Your setup should look like the following: PS3 digital out or component out to the amp, then the amp to the headphones. However, you need a different connection for the mic. The best option with this setup would be to place a mic on a table or clip one to your shirt and run that either via blutooth or usb.

If you are using this for the PS3, they make sets like this that are usb, that include a mic. Although it looks a little fighter pilot, they generally get great reviews.

If you are just using these outside of the PS3, then I'm a personal fan of Harman Kardon. The quality is impacable, but they do come with a heft prive tag. For the price and the best all around natural sound quality, Yamaha is a hands down winner. But if you can flip the bill, go with Harman.

Bose generally gets decent reviews, but I would stay away from them. The saying goes "No highs, no lows, then must be bose." Also, Sony's amps are alright, but nothing to write home about. Yamaha on the other hand would work Bose and Sony any day of the week. Yamaha's sound quality is well known and praised in the industry.

well not saying im a pure genius in terms of stereos or the music industry, but i do know a thing or two about them. i was wondering if there was a said amp where i could just plug in a amp with a power source into the ps3(fiber optic) that has an equalizer so i can tinker with to find optimal potential plugging in the headphones to the amp. so your saying that any reg home stereo/amp will work? i find this not to be the best choice and im looking for just that..

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Posted By: IGoblinI
Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 9:43pm
envy u wud be better off using turtlebeach x1s for 40 bucks

do the same and dont have to pay for batteries and none of this amp sh*t 

trust me.......im the person u waant to take advice from on this game hahah

-------------
I...am...vEnOmmmMm!!!!

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 9:44pm
n deadaim was the best KB/M user i ever faced and i faced them all

-------------
I...am...vEnOmmmMm!!!!

Date Posted: 18 May 2009 at 9:45pm
controller>KB/m

rico swears i used KB/M when i played.ifgi watch my vids u can tell i used controler......im just weird with it lol

controller is better on this version if ur good with it

-------------
I...am...vEnOmmmMm!!!!

Date Posted: 19 May 2009 at 10:15am
what amp what amp what amp???

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Date Posted: 19 May 2009 at 2:42pm
buy the amp that goes to the astro a40s......best amp out there

-------------
I...am...vEnOmmmMm!!!!

Date Posted: 19 May 2009 at 4:42pm
those looked to be janky, no equalizer??

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Posted By: sickboogiemurder
Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:14am
envy if you really bought those
lmao your a loser
and dont use that fragfx crap its not worth it just use a mouse

-------------

^^^

http://www.facebook.com/brumalofficial" rel="nofollow - Like my band on Facebook!

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 10:05am
Originally posted by ME_MATRIX

envy if you really bought those
lmao your a loser
and dont use that fragfx crap its not worth it just use a mouse

why they were free, my x girl bought them for me so yeah...

any other amps to look at?

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Posted By: Unique
Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 11:02am
Usually its best of to buy headphones with their own amps cause on their on this things can be expensive....Anyways the best amplifiers that is no doubt the Astro's MixAmp but the Xenos Amplifier is also a good choice.

Or you could go with the cheap way out and use your standard red/white/yellow wires with a spliter cable which you'll then connect to a cheap mp3 player amplifier that has a usb input.....then connect this to you headphones ( BTW whats your headphones input thingy?) and your set. You'll also need a usb cable connector. All this should be less than $35 bucks and you will get really good sound!!!!! (Not sure if this works with HDMI capables so if you use  that.....¿¿¿??!!!)

Anyways do your research before buying anything!

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 4:02pm
dont worry about my conectors, i have everything i need. i just need an amp thats very good running these hp's to bring them to their full potential. hell these were $300 bucks and im not stopping there. i use hdmi and have all the other connection plugs i need. if they dont work with the hdmi, then ill just down grade a bit. but i dont see why they wouldnt work bc they both work together when i plug the hp into the back audio opti plug..

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 4:34pm
you are gonna suck ass anyways.. so why waste more money.. damn cheater

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:25pm
u mad?

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:47pm

lol, no :0

Posted By: Nova
Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:56pm
Huge waste of money, Envy.

Theres no need for headphones on the console unless you are deeply in need for them because your TV sound isn't loud enough or your deaf.

If your going to play nub modes with the headphones like vctf and warfare and greed and stuff like that, I'd say your a nub who likes to waste his money on stuff he doesn't even need.

-------------
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 5:59pm
Wow, $299 too?  Spending that much money on some headphones must mean your a DJ, not a gamer.  I don't know any gamers that spend even 300 dollars on a headset or headphones.  The most I go is 100 dollars.

-------------
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Nova

Theres no need for headphones on the console unless you are deeply in need for them because your TV sound isn't loud enough or your deaf.

If your going to play nub modes with the headphones like vctf and warfare and greed and stuff like that, I'd say your a nub who likes to waste his money on stuff he doesn't even need.

true, headphones arent gonna do anything in warfare and vctf except give you a headache because your wearing headphones.

the only time i think headphones would give you a considerable advantage is duels, and a little advantage in tdm

Wow, $299 too?  Spending that much money on some headphones must mean your a DJ, not a gamer.  I don't know any gamers that spend even 300 dollars on a headset or headphones.  The most I go is 100 dollars.

lol ya you can get those mlg astro ones with the amp for like half that much.. and im sure they are better for games

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:11pm
Yeah, I only spent $100 for headphones in competitive play in UT2k4 and UT3, and if you count playing Counterstrike Source for money, go right ahead.

http://www.xoxide.com/razer-barracuda-hp-1.html - http://www.xoxide.com/razer-barracuda-hp-1.html
My beautiful Razor. Gotta love it, I even use it for sound mixing.

-------------
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:27pm
Razer are the high heels of gaming.

D:

-------------
name_is_clantag

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:35pm

Also buying a Razer keyboard for both my PS3 and PC. ^-^

-------------
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:41pm
gaming keyboard? now thats a waste of money :)

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:45pm
QUICK LET ME GO BUY A GAMING KEYBOARD THAT HAS THE SAME KEYS AS MY 20 DOLLAR KEYBOARD!!!

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 6:46pm
I think they look nice :P

-------------

Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 7:42pm
I never go above 50 dollars for a gamingkeyboard. ;)

They are better for games because the keys push in better.

-------------
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ

Posted By: J_Rivers
Date Posted: 20 May 2009 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

The saying goes "No highs, no lows, then must be bose."

That's downright laughable.

Anyways, Envy, I thought you opposed ‘devices’?

Date Posted: 21 May 2009 at 1:07am

true, headphones arent gonna do anything in warfare and vctf except give you a headache because your wearing headphones.

the only time i think headphones would give you a considerable advantage is duels, and a little advantage in tdm

lol ya you can get those mlg astro ones with the amp for like half that much.. and im sure they are better for games

you crack me up deadaim, thank your for that at least. and wtf would i do with hps on during a vctf or warfare match? but from what ive seen and found out about these is that they are very helpful on certain maps in warfare. sinkhole, downtown and even floodgate they are very useful when your map controlling or running the orb. also im digging them in ctf too...

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Date Posted: 21 May 2009 at 6:53am
k

-------------
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ

Posted By: krzys773
Date Posted: 21 May 2009 at 1:11pm

Seriuosly,I didnt even spend that much on my dj headphones. http://audiolines.com/product.php?productid=8373&cat=750&page=2 - http://audiolines.com/product.php?productid=8373&cat=750&page=2
As for an amp.I use these at home. http://audiolines.com/product.php?productid=17344&cat=1023&page=10 - http://audiolines.com/product.php?productid=17344&cat=1023&page=10

-------------
Nissan SiLViA
Nissan 300zx
Yamaha Yzf R6
    <3

Date Posted: 21 May 2009 at 3:47pm
Don't spend 300 dollars on a pair of headphones if your going to use them for gaming.

-------------
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ

Posted By: krzys773
Date Posted: 21 May 2009 at 4:15pm
Yup $300 dollars for a pair of headphones is kinda a bit ridiculous.I bought pioneer ones that is like the number one headphones that dj's use and i only paid  $150 for them.Just because you have 300 dollar headphone doesn't mean you will be a better dj/gamer.Like someone previously mentioned,Your not going to be able to hear someone scratch their balls in $300 headphones.Anyways,Heres a site with like the lowest prices you will find on pro amps.
http://audiolines.com/home.php?cat=1023 - http://audiolines.com/home.php?cat=1023
Good luck finding one

-------------
Nissan SiLViA
Nissan 300zx
Yamaha Yzf R6
    <3

Date Posted: 21 May 2009 at 4:32pm
ok but none the less these hps are sick. 6 speakers, wireless and free hundred dollars? 

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Date Posted: 21 May 2009 at 10:24pm

ok but none the less these hps are sick. 6 speakers, wireless and free hundred dollars? 
envy dont let them hate you got them for free you say? so hell use em its their fault they didnt get it for free

-------------

Posted By: PcX_Potorikan
Date Posted: 21 May 2009 at 10:35pm

envy dont let them hate you got them for free you say? so hell use em its their fault they didnt get it for free

man in this economy I could use free hundred dollars lol.  Envy don't be greedy.. share ur secret lol

-------------
http://eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/PcX_Potorikan/">

Date Posted: 21 May 2009 at 10:44pm
pimp slappin babies im pretty sure thats how he did it...

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2009 at 12:11am
ok ill be buying the astros i guess. ill report my findings to all>

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Date Posted: 23 May 2009 at 12:23am
Waste of money tbh...

-------------
name_is_clantag

Date Posted: 23 May 2009 at 12:46am
so what amp do i need?

-------------

EnVy must be earned"

Posted By: WEAPoNiZ3D
Date Posted: 23 May 2009 at 9:31pm
ive got a ONKYO reciever/amp, i got no complaints, excellent quality for headphones and surround sound through speakers, also compatible with TRUE HD sound ( on some blurays ) and a nice amount and variety of ways to connect including 3 HDMI sockets, with amps n recievers its true that you get what you pay for so if i were you id think about what else ur gonna use it for appart from gaming b4 you go n spend tha cash. also some quality headphones take some time b4 they reach thier full potential kinda like warming up , some wont reach it until theyve had around 100 hours of play, n trust me u CAN tell the difference in sound range and quality

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.72 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz - http://www.webwiz.co.uk