| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Lawyer look-over

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote John Brennan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lawyer look-over
    Posted: 08 Aug 2016 at 6:11pm
What i am about to write is something very important regarding my real life situation goingon at the moment. I am going to paste exactly what has happened with my job situation and if anyone who went to school to possibly be a lawyer or have any good opinions on my approach if it's something that seems like a good idea please let me know.

"So on two different occasions i have had two copyright issues. I'm not quick to jump the gun to strike anyone down as I know of issues that come with this on someone's channel. Around March of this year a YouTuber constantly kept stealing my thumbnails. I had asked him repeatedly to please give credit or to just remove the thumbnail. I even have messages with the person acknowledging the fact he has taken my thumbnails but also that he'd give credit. It's the least he does he was literally stealing almost every thumbnail from my money series that I had going on my channel that roughly just four total videos had already over 1 million views total. This person insisted on not doing so and after several attempts to get him to just comply we started getting in arguments he insisted I was just "crying" over my thumbnails being taken. I had consulted with my network (Freedom) about the issue and I was given the proper steps in filing the claimant. I had proceeded with the claimant and on May 17th, 2016 my channel was terminated. I was able to finally get in touch with partner support about a month later to find out that the internal team over at YouTube had assumed my intention was to "abuse" the webform system which is crazy cause before I even submit this claimant I'm told that "I understand that abuse of this tool will result in termination of my YouTube account.". Why on earth would I try to file an abusive claimant when my channel is at its strongest getting about 9500 subscribers a month. Around this time, I was to be at least 80-100k. I wouldn't have made a master plan; I wouldn't have the intention to abuse the system I just wanted to protect the materials I had created that aren't just something that takes like a few minutes to make.

My other issue is almost the same way, except it revolves around one of the videos from my series being re uploaded. For a fact this doesn't fall under fair use at it's the entire video from start to end. I've left comments from my backup channel to please give credit and or if he wants proof it’s me he can message me via social media. This however didn't happen, the person has about over 332k views from the last time I saw. I had filed the claimant about two weeks ago but this time fully recording why and along with proof of my ownership of the video along with the other videos that are the exact same style but even as far as to showing my ownership of the PlayStation Account name. I had given the proper link that this violated and yet YouTube still insisted that I wasn't right and therefore have kept the video up and the person is still gaining lots of subscribers from this video and the estimated earning so far just from what VidIo suggest is over $500. This video is the persons highest viewed video on his/her channel. "

https://twitter.com/MikeyfnBrennan

Post Reply Post Reply