FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Douchington

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Douchington
    Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 2:43pm
This is something ive been meaning to write for a while. Why do the people that think they are godly @ a game, instantly think that anyone else that plays that game thinks they are good?   Example. A thinks hes Godly. A sees B playing or posting on a forum. A says B thinks hes godly. I guess im glad im not the best or of the best, id hate to have that kind of prickish entitlement.
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 2:44pm
Yeah.  You're pretty safe.  Wink
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 2:54pm
wait...your not?.. I thought you were this entire time... WHO ARE YOU?
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Aquaknot

Yeah.  You're pretty safe.  Wink

LOL....lunchy man ur pretty beast tho from the few times iv played u, u keep that ego in check mister! :P
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 3:53pm
Lunchy is a beast o_O
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 5:11pm
A obviously has a huge ego, sometimes greater than their skill level.  Actually, that's probably most of the time.  People have a tendency to think that since they beat player B, they're better than them, whether they beat them purely one skill or were just lucky/ player B wasn't playing serious or had to go somewhere when they left.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:58am
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

This is something ive been meaning to write for a while. Why do the people that think they are godly @ a game, instantly think that anyone else that plays that game thinks they are good?   Example. A thinks hes Godly. A sees B playing or posting on a forum. A says B thinks hes godly. I guess im glad im not the best or of the best, id hate to have that kind of prickish entitlement.

The way I look at it is that most of the time, the people that talk a lot of smack or think they are godly at a game usually don't have anything going on in their lives. They need to stroke their own ego. That's probably why I've never given a $hit about how good I am at a video game. I buy video games to unwind and have fun, not to dedicate my life to it.
GIO_2064 View Drop Down
Team Termanation
Team Termanation

Post Options Post Options   Quote GIO_2064 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

The way I look at it is that most of the time, the people that talk a lot of smack or think they are godly at a game usually don't have anything going on in their lives. They need to stroke their own ego. That's probably why I've never given a $hit about how good I am at a video game. I buy video games to unwind and have fun, not to dedicate my life to it.

Thumbs UpClap
Thumbs UpThumbs Up
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 4:16pm
heres my theory.. and call me crazy if it doesnt fit the mold that some of you have formed in your head.

people might just have ego's because they are good at the game.

and (shocker)

people might just not have ego's because they arent good at the game.

to the people who say they dont care about being good or the game is dead etc etc.. then stop caring about people saying they are good.. if you really dont care.. then stfu and sit there and not care. noone is waking you up and pissing on your face.. so just ignore it.

ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

heres my theory.. and call me crazy if it doesnt fit the mold that some of you have formed in your head.

people might just have ego's because they are good at the game.

and (shocker)

people might just not have ego's because they arent good at the game.

to the people who say they dont care about being good or the game is dead etc etc.. then stop caring about people saying they are good.. if you really dont care.. then stfu and sit there and not care. noone is waking you up and pissing on your face.. so just ignore it.

lol
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 6:50pm
i think it's because the people that are really good are really competitive, and the people that are not as good are not as competitive. when you are top tier and you play another top tier player you don't want to lose.
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2010 at 12:28am
Originally posted by Deadaim

noone is waking you up and pissing on your face..  

Woot, my favorite past time.  Pissing on peoples faces, relieve yourself and get a laugh, good stuff.  Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply