Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Tutorials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Warfare Guide by HanFei

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team KmA
Team KmA

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Warfare Guide by HanFei
    Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 9:15pm
In this highly dynamic strategy game, time is your currency; spend it wisely.

In short, what is good for the bee is good for the hive. If most everyone is trying to maximize their own score, the team should do well.
  • Remap the scoreboard from select to something more available O.
  • Always carry an Avril
  • Use the vehicle whenever possible to decrease your transit between nodes.
  • Before knocking out people at the node, briefly fire at the node, preventing the people you kill from spawning close by.
  • Attack from a distance.  Decreasing your distance from the node increases you change of conflict.
  • Focus on the next node to get to your opponents core.  
    • Only worry about secondary nodes if your team is in a strong enough standing to facilitate your absence.
  • Refrain from having more than one person defend.
  • If your vision isn't 20/15, use corrective lenses.
    • UT3 can output 27,648,000 pixels of light every second for your mind to process.
While winning integrally ties into American culture and our strong sense of individuality, we should strive to play in a climate wherein the game is always a close call, only then can we all play to our full potential and truly have a good time.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by HanFei

If your vision isn't 20/15, Use corrective lenses.

Fvck!!!!!!! No wonder I suck!
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

If your vision isn't 20/15, Use corrective lenses.

Fvck!!!!!!! No wonder I suck!

here i thought it was your playing with TX and thatsmatt.  
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:39am
haha
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:58am

In this highly dynamic strategy game, time is your currency; spend it wisely.

In short, what is good for the bee is good for the hive. If most everyone is trying to maximize their own score, the team should do well.
  • Remap the scoreboard from select to something more available O.
  • Always carry an Avril
  • Use the vehicle whenever possible to decrease your transit between nodes.
  • Before knocking out people at the node, briefly fire at the node, preventing the people you kill from spawning close by.
  • Attack from a distance.  Decreasing your distance from the node increases you change of conflict.
  • Focus on the next node to get to your opponents core.  
    • Only worry about secondary nodes if your team is in a strong enough standing to facilitate your absence.
  • Refrain from having more than one person defend.
  • If your vision isn't 20/15, use corrective lenses.
    • UT3 can output 27,648,000 pixels of light every second for your mind to process.
While winning integrally ties into American culture and our strong sense of individuality, we should strive to play in a climate wherein the game is always a close call, only then can we all play to our full potential and truly have a good time.
Very nice, always good to hear what good players recommend....firing at the node to prevent them from respawning there is good advice, didn't know that.  But, I don't understand what you mean about remapping the scoreboard?
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:20am
Originally posted by warfare

Very nice, always good to hear what good players recommend....firing at the node to prevent them from respawning there is good advice, didn't know that.  But, I don't understand what you mean about remapping the scoreboard?
  • Whenever a node is flashing with the "under attack" symbol in the mini-map, I'm under the very strong impression no one will spawn there.  I know you can't use the portal to teleport there.
  • While the game displays the scoreboard at the end of a round, I check it almost every time I get on the hover-board to gauge my performance against peers.  
    • Do you know how to configure your controller to move the mic button from D-pad to L2?
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:38am

• Whenever a node is flashing with the "under attack" symbol in the mini-map, I'm under the very strong impression no one will spawn there.  I know you can't use the portal to teleport there.
  • While the game displays the scoreboard at the end of a round, I check it almost every time I get on the hover-board to gauge my performance against peers.  
    • Do you know how to configure your controller to move the mic button from D-pad to L2?
Ah ok I think I understand what you mean.  Yes, I've seen where you can change the buttons around though I've never tried it.  So you're saying to change the button from "select" to L2 in order to quickly look at the score board?  It does sound easier because I usually have to look down at the controller to press "select" taking my eyes off the screen...I will try it out.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 8:53am

Ah ok I think I understand what you mean.  Yes, I've seen where you can change the buttons around though I've never tried it.  So you're saying to change the button from "select" to L2 in order to quickly look at the score board?  It does sound easier because I usually have to look down at the controller to press "select" taking my eyes off the screen...I will try it out.
Although I can press all of the buttons without looking at them, my left thumb is always on the analog stick, preventing me from pressing D-pad or select.

To all, I strongly suggest getting a mic.  Without one, I probably would have quit over  year ago.  While they only help game play a little, it's the hello from a friendly voice or hearing the latest news from a friend that gives this game a personal touch I have difficulty leaving...
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 1:41pm
HanFei, you have become the guru of warfare. I think we should start a Dr. HanFizzleFoShizzle Thread.
 Post Reply Post Reply