FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Who likes PunK??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who likes PunK??
    Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 4:56pm
Of course indie is a term given to bands on independent labels but no one called them indie bands haha. The band that changed everything and made the term indie music popular was the strokes.
I get what your saying about punk music and the lyrics but you can also say the same things about the blues and rock n roll which is what punk is Heavely influenced by. Look at iggy pop, he wrote rock n roll songs in the late 60s that are punk songs. It's all about rebelling against what is normal
Joy division is not punk btw it's new wave along with the smiths and new order.
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 5:07pm

punk is still a big part of my life to this day 7 years after all the squatting shows and protests ive been apart of and attended. i love it. it will stick with me forever soly because it opened my eyes to the world around me.. i would hate being one of the 95% of people i see that are happy living in apathy ignoring this horrifying world. i can honestly say it changed my life.

sooo in final who likes punk
<---this guy
shine on you crazy diamond
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 5:09pm
but ya anyways you like fish sticks? ;)
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2011 at 5:59pm
what was good about punk bands was they absorbed pop culture and reflected it in their music. The lyrics aside they played music that influenced them and fused it into their own sounds. So punk bands often incorporated other music as well as punk. And The Pistols could actually play cept Sid Vicious that is. The Clash were they most accomplished at the time and fused reggae and punk into their sound and The Jam used Soul/RnB and Punk.
BTW Tuna I mentioned Joy Division and I did say they came outta punk (new wave). The Smiths were after new wave - 1983/4 and New Order came after Joy Division broke up (1983/4 also I think. Great taste in music m8 - nice one

Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 10:26am
Thanks man, you have a good taste in music too. I do like the clash, but I think you should give the talking heads another try because the album 77 (only talking heads album I own) is great. What they did was original and the lyrics are pretty intelligent, check out don't worry about the government.
Are you from the uk? Have you listened to Yuck? Also iceage Is a bad ass new band from Denmark
- Best Coast

Hey_Look_its_Trendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2011 at 11:33am
London Calling by The Clash is one of the greatest albums of all time, there is not one bad song on that album. The Clash was in another league than all other punk bands. Some of my other favorite punk bands are Social Distortion, Operation Ivy, and Iggy  and the Stooges.

Islanders fan, huh? Team of the future I always say.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2011 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

Thanks man, you have a good taste in music too. I do like the clash, but I think you should give the talking heads another try because the album 77 (only talking heads album I own) is great. What they did was original and the lyrics are pretty intelligent, check out don't worry about the government.
Are you from the uk? Have you listened to Yuck? Also iceage Is a bad ass new band from Denmark
tnx m8 and yea im UK born and living - actually seen the cure in concert! im a talking heads fan too lol. I luv the tom tom club and most of their stuff - david bryne is a clever b4stard, writes wicked insightful lyrics and the music is heavenly i agree. i luv once in a lifetime and still have little creatures and speaking in tongues.
Originally posted by Hey_Look_its_Trendy

London Calling by The Clash is one of the greatest albums of all time, there is not one bad song on that album. The Clash was in another league than all other punk bands.
For me and many The Jam were the best of the punk bands but they were too english to crack america. But the Clash were faves too. The LC album was trashed by many for being too ambitious but although some songs didnt cut it the ones that did were fab - Bankrobber still makes it on my iPhone and car stereo and London Calling should do too.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 9:25am
check this out.
ICEAGE - You're Blessed

I lost my iphone 4 saturday and this was the last song i downloaded.
love it when it kicks back in around 1:15
- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Hey_Look_its_Trendy

London Calling by The Clash is one of the greatest albums of all time, there is not one bad song on that album. The Clash was in another league than all other punk bands. Some of my other favorite punk bands are Social Distortion, Operation Ivy, and Iggy  and the Stooges.

the clash is good, but they aren't my favorite. not a big social distortion fan. i am more into new music than old but some of my favorite punk bands from the 70s and 80s are the ramones, the misfits (danzig only though), television, the talking heads, the cure, black flag, the germs, and the clash. there are others im sure, dont feel like sitting here thinking about for awhile
- Best Coast

jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 4:32pm
some good oldies to make your ears bleed
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 12:38pm

^ha hardcore punk baby.

this band is awesome. they dress cool and look like teenagers haha.

here's another live song.
- Best Coast

jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 2:21pm
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 2:25pm

c*** sparrers the **** that song jus brought back so many memories

jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 12:03pm
trixente View Drop Down
Team W-Lrd
Team W-Lrd

Post Options Post Options   Quote trixente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2011 at 2:06pm

a bad a** punk song

what? bro ¿? this is not bad song is great song

speak the civil war spanish 1936-1939 and dictatorship of franco to 1975

spain no forget

SPAIN ANTIFASCIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

greats songs of punk spanish:

For me the best festival of spain: 4 years gone

viñarock is more famous but more comercial grups no funny

Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 7:33pm
c***sparrow had a hardcore skinhead following like Sham 69 and UK Subs they were more oi than original punks but yea damn fine track all the same. Here's SLF a band that preceded U2 in Ireland. They were considered too radical - politically motivated to become big like the Clash etc. Enjoy!

jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 9:26pm
was never big into slf c*** sparrers always gonna be a fav. favorite band of all time til the day i die will always be conflict..then rage against the machine weezer and led zeppelin haha..heres a good one

add ne jimmy riddle kma_immortal
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:06am
@trixente
Bad ass means awesome
- Best Coast

YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 10:59am

trixente View Drop Down
Team W-Lrd
Team W-Lrd

Post Options Post Options   Quote trixente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2012 at 7:57pm

@trixente
Bad ass means awesome

ok sorry bro, is for the google translate

in english i like the song punk is dead the crass is great,

i no listen music english because no understand

jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 1:49pm
my f***in sister had to play this song las night while we were chillen, good for a laugh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123