| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Call of Duty > Modern Warfare 3
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Good Sportsmanship Gone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Number of Global Players with good sportsmanship in MW2?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [36.36%]
1 [9.09%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
4 [36.36%]
1 [9.09%]
0 [0.00%]
1 [9.09%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Noob
Noob

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TheDarkRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good Sportsmanship Gone?
    Posted: 06 Jun 2010 at 9:36pm
I trust no one will vote 99% one way on this topic, its a serious issue of Modern Warfare 2, especially when it comes down to teenagers and young kids with anger issues and no good sportsmanship when losing.

All players should realise they will never be the best, and that the gaming community is pretty equal once compared on a global scale.
There are hundreds of game genre's also, so you can't exactly 'own' anything, after all; even if it was just one game, you will still never play everyone who has joined and win them within your entire lifetime! (at least not on MW2 anyway).

However, let me begin by explaining why this poll exists today:
I haven't been online that long (a few years now), but from even before I was online I knew I would never try to be the best - because that's just stupid - games were, are and always will be about fun for me, and as long as I'm not being spawn killed by a team spread about in perfect positions to cover every single spawn point I can spawn at, or being noob tubed across the map on Search And Destroy, or are by knifed over and over, or are being shot by that UMP45 AGAIN.. I'm usually having loads of fun playing! lol.
But every now and then (give or take 10-15 minutes) I come across somebody with a mic in MW2 who is losing/lost and is engaging in an argument (that seems to have the logic of 'whoever swears the most wins') or some kid getting frustrated on the team I'm on throughout the entire game - even if we're not losing - its like some phobia or fear of dying on a game, its like somebody will think bad of you for getting 40 deaths - but the even sadder thing is; they'd be right!:
It wasn't like this once (I'm guessing many many years ago it was ok), but if you get 40 deaths you're THE BIGGEST n00b that ever walked Earth, which just isn't fair at all, granted you may call these people noobs if they have been playing for months and are still **** at the game, but new players should be respected and welcomed, not called 'n00bs'.

The logic of winning/losing today is not having fun no matter what and congratulating the winning player anymore... Its:

Winner - "I'm the best player in the world, haha you all suck!"
Loser - "THAT WASN'T f***ING FAIR! YOU CAMPING c**t!!"

Never once have I heard people complaining about Rushers < these guys run around with the fastest perks on and tactical knife, what a war (but instead of bullets, lets use knives and tubes.. who's idea was that?).

So I ask, to this small/big community, for your FULL attention please (you must have it in your heart somewhere lol), is there any scrap of good sportsmanship to be found in MW2?
You can also answer on behalf of other games, but mainly this is towards MW2 because every time I go on I am along with everyone else for winning/losing is called a n00b by 10th prestige glitchers and other players.

Kind regards,
TheDarkRat
ASHYTEBUBLExD View Drop Down
Team ICN
Team ICN
Shyting on CHAVS

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASHYTEBUBLExD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 11:30am

most of the players i spectate are either 9-12 years old, or have a terible physical disability, like being blind. If you think im over reacting ill film them and show you, so good sportsmanship isnt really a factor as they cant spell sport 

Ha! We've got guns!, No what you have are bullets and the hope that by time you've fired im not still standing because if I am, you'll be dead befor you've reloaded
Mr-Pa1n View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Count

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr-Pa1n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 11:50am
so true...but then u have the 20´s years old thgat just want to piss people off with noobtubes.....and shotguns in corners....overall if u want sportsmanship mw2 isn´t the game 4 u.....
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 2:33pm
what are u on about? ive never heard someone shout or curse in mw2 :S lol xD
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 3:12pm
I say 50/50. Half the people who play don't have headsets and the other half shouldn't have them. I'm just kidding. I don't run into a ton of poor sports but there have been a few.
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 3:19pm
btw... What are noobtubes?
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by Ppareja76

btw... What are noobtubes?

I'm taking it that they're Rocket Launchers, because they're generally one of the easiest guns to kill people with.  However, that's not the case in UT3, so that's probably why you never hear them being called that in UT3.
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 4:16pm
thank you!
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 5:09pm
With the group of of verbaly abusive bastards that I play with I would say its more unsportsmanship out there. And its probably our fault because we all thrive from it.......LOL. Whats DOD say "We uninspire people to play" Thats classic. We love it its all in fun and as for the kiddies screw them they should have better parents.........
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 5:12pm
Noobtube = Grenade Launcher attachment
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 5:32pm
Well, it's still an explosive type thing at least.  I'd figure rockets got that name because they tend to be easy weapons to get kills with.
TheDarkRat View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheDarkRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 6:13pm
I'm going to make a short book of information called 'Modern Warfare 2 Flaws' and post it here, look out for it, things need explaining in more detail.

By the way, the grenade launcher attachment (or M203) is one of the most common and annoying flaws of MW2, in my opinion it should have been taken out completely (Thumper included), but then people would just start using RPG-7's more frequently, so I predict that 'No Tube Modes' would be the simplest solution for players trying to find some good sportsmanship.

PS: 'No Perk Modes' would have been nice too, to stop rushers and the Commando perk.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by WaRHore

With the group of of verbaly abusive bastards that I play with I would say its more unsportsmanship out there. And its probably our fault because we all thrive from it.......LOL. Whats DOD say "We uninspire people to play" Thats classic. We love it its all in fun and as for the kiddies screw them they should have better parents.........

LOL, That's what makes MW2 so entertaining is all the $h!t talking! 
shewulph View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote shewulph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2010 at 8:39pm
hahhaa i love the little kids with the squeaky voices who go into detail about what they did to your mom last night
this is my cup of care -> \_/

oh look. it's empty.

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 2:36am
theres sportsmanship in mw2?
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 7:46am
The little kids on this game do my head in on this game, half of them are proper racist too.
Team ICN
Team ICN
Shyting on CHAVS

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASHYTEBUBLExD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 7:52am
I think the worst person you can posibly run into on MW2 on the mic is a northen person,
"eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee likeeeeeee u sooook liek youkno, idddddddddeeeee reaaeappeee uuuuuzzzee ine privateee gemee inaaaaattt laaaaaaadd"
Ha! We've got guns!, No what you have are bullets and the hope that by time you've fired im not still standing because if I am, you'll be dead befor you've reloaded
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by ASHYTEBUBLExD

I think the worst person you can posibly run into on MW2 on the mic is a northen person,
"eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee likeeeeeee u sooook liek youkno, idddddddddeeeee reaaeappeee uuuuuzzzee ine privateee gemee inaaaaattt laaaaaaadd"
Hahaha, I can't understand what they're saying half the time.

I got called moist by some random chav the other night when I killed him in S&D. LOL
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheDarkRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by JakeT111

Hahaha, I can't understand what they're saying half the time.

I got called moist by some random chav the other night when I killed him in S&D. LOL

Moist?, lol...
Team ICN
Team ICN
Shyting on CHAVS

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASHYTEBUBLExD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 6:06pm
Moist, that slang for wet as in when a girl gets wet.... wow... you found the last surviving gay northener... 
Team ICN
Team ICN
Shyting on CHAVS

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASHYTEBUBLExD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 10:26am

Talking of northen people listen to this, the whole vid. .:LINK:.

MEGA_HOTT View Drop Down
Nooblett

Post Options Post Options   Quote MEGA_HOTT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 10:43am
When I play I get alot of crap for being a girl, and sometimes the guys are alittle rough to the point where they think its completely wrong for a girl to play video games. I've never heard so much crap from someone like Modern Warfare. I think the "sportsmanship" has gone out the door not just because of that but lack of respect for other players. Other games I've played everyone is pretty nice,but there's always your bad eggs though.
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheDarkRat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 1:22pm

Talking of northen people listen to this, the whole vid. .:LINK:.

As funny as it is just think of the mentality of that kid!, he's f***ing backward, he can't understand its just a game, and he's so afraid of losing even just a little lol.

Sadly however, I seem to be encountering people like this every single time I play Modern Warfare 2, and the players are heavily racist and sexist too, I just don't know how they ended up so f***ed up, once you look in detail however, you discover the answer is their upbringing and childhood life, a lot of these people lacked attention from parents and friends, so today they must shout and prove they are the best in the swearing vocabulary or winning race (first and best to win at that match).

Its utterly pointless however, they just need to grow up, even 20+ year olds lol
Team ICN
Team ICN
Shyting on CHAVS

Post Options Post Options   Quote ASHYTEBUBLExD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by MEGA_HOTT

When I play I get alot of crap for being a girl, and sometimes the guys are alittle rough to the point where they think its completely wrong for a girl to play video games. I've never heard so much crap from someone like Modern Warfare. I think the "sportsmanship" has gone out the door not just because of that but lack of respect for other players. Other games I've played everyone is pretty nice,but there's always your bad eggs though.
Sports"MAN"ship - Dont include u sunshine, lol jkin 
 Post Reply Post Reply