Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

PlayStation 4 aka Orbis Leaked

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PlayStation 4 aka Orbis Leaked
    Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 11:59am
Then what's the point of metering it? If what you say is true, then it shouldn't matter how much you download, doesn't effect a thing then, so them mailing out those warning letters saying you are using too much bandwidth is just an excuse to keep lumber companies in business. 

lol, I guess my cable company likes lying to me and many consumers about how they run things because that was the exact explanation of why they watch my internet bandwidth consumption. Which doesn't surprise me, just kinda odd, why would they lie about something like that?
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 12:10pm
i never recieved anything like that and me and the class mates are kinda having a laugh about it. 
if you pay for 500 mins on your phone you get 500mins on your phone, if you pay for a 25 mb download speed from your isp,,,,,you pay to have 25 mb's streaming internet into your house.  i litteraly use a minimum of 4 devices on the net browsing,streaming,wifi calling ect for most of the day everyday and.......no it does not matter how much i download, thats why i pay for the service i have.  not sure who provides your net but its more than likely coming from the same place i get mine because comcast is about 7 miles from your house and thats where i have my net through
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 12:15pm
Metering is coming. cable companies have said so publicly.

They already tier pricing to some extent.
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 12:21pm
i seriously doubt you use half the bandwidth my house consumes in a month JP, so why would they care about your usage?  internet bandwith is metered by your speed why would they have differnet speeds you can buy if you only can consume certain amounts of data?  so you could buy a 100mb download speed but you can only use so much data a month with it?  i guess if there are going to change there pricing over to paying like a phone service data plan then i get that but??
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 12:30pm
Must have a target on my back or I pissed them off lol. My brother tried the 100mb internet when it first came out and he started receiving phone calls about his bandwidth usage, explain that to me, lol. I know he likes downloading free stuff but c'mon.. how much would he have to be downloading to throw up red flags. Big brother is involved with this, I swear.. lol 
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 12:48pm

makes no sense to me, i have the same provider and i rip through data all day every day.  that makes no sense that you can buy 100mb download but not use it, what would be the point of having it?  sorry i dont buy that, i probably use close to 5 to 10gbs of data on average a day n ive never once heard anything from comcast about it nor would i expect to because i pay for a connection that provides me with a up to but "not limited" to 25 mb a second download speed a month which means i can download none stop all day every day.

JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 12:51pm
yeah, he got rid of it right as he started getting the phone calls. 
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 1:02pm
AT & T has already done test runs with metering in a few cities. It's coming. It's already here with some cellphone carriers.
And ISPs, even the large ones, can't keep their infrastructures upgraded enough to handle all that we're using so they have to throttle bandwith. It's either that or a total shutdown
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by BAIN

AT & T has already done test runs with metering in a few cities. It's coming. It's already here with some cellphone carriers.
And ISPs, even the large ones, can't keep their infrastructures upgraded enough to handle all that we're using so they have to throttle bandwith. It's either that or a total shutdown
you guys are talking about this as though it is a fossil fuel and limited resource.  what you are saying bain is what they are saying to justify a change in price or the way they handle things (again to adjust price)  AT&T and other cell companys already meter there data usage with the type plan you buy, 2gb, 4gb up to unlimited meaning after you use 2gbs on your phone then you are going to get charge for the addtional data used no different than going over you minutes on a plan as well.  but as far as upgrading there infrastructures.....thats a daily event with all things in the world of IT n will never be "up to date" with the way things advance everyday, i call that job security for me and thats why im am going to be a networking engineerShocked.......but as far as throttling bandwth?? just going to be another way to charge more but there is no shortage, just ****ty companys
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 2:52pm
you're acting like it's an infinite resource. it's not. go back and hit the books schoolboy.
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 3:07pm
Lol Bain.

Theoretically bandwidth is infinite but money is very finite.
If you invest in a router or and add drop mux for more capacity
And throuput you're gonna want return ... Higher prices!!
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

Lol Bain.
@ BAIN
Theoretically bandwidth is infinite but money is very finite.
If you invest in a router or and add drop mux for more capacity
And throuput you're gonna want return ... Higher prices!!
yeah im ok with the schooling i have bain, i have my MTA NETWORKING, MTA OS, MTA SERVER, SDP, MCTP 680, AND MCITP 685, WORKING ON MY "NETWORKING CONFIGURATION INFASTRUCTURE" CERTIFICATION NOW SO?  pretty sure i have a good idea how the internet works by now. Clap
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 4:03pm

you're acting like it's an infinite resource. it's not. go back and hit the books schoolboy.
maybe you should google some stuff to validate an opinion "not fact".  there is no limit on the amount of BANDWIDTH the world or anyone area has to use.  thats not how it works.  yeah your bandwidth might get limited if you have "sh1t" net from a sh1t company or sh1tty gear in your house.  so when your internet is laggy you can just blame it on the neighbors using up all that precious limited resource n say "if he uses to much bandwidth there wont be enough for the rest of us, we need to rashin it out" lmao.  LOL, if you have a company that is on a T1 connection that uses a VPN they use things like "branch cache" to minimize there BANDWIDTH usage because when you have 200 pc's connected to a single T1 connection then YES you will see the net slow down due to BANDWIDTH usage, thats on a SINGLE T1 connection tho. Geek  and ppl think a T1 is a fast connection but keep in mind a T1 is a 1.5 download and 1.5 upload that sends a recieves at the same time.  thats pretty much slower than your house line, it just has little to no interupt because its a 2way signal
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 4:24pm
Yeah but cupcake if bandwidth is infinite ... which i will theoretically concede ....

BUT capital (money) is not ... you need to spend capital to expand bandwidth.

So In reality there IS a finite amount of bandwidth.

I'm a tech analyst and specialize in Telco equipment. Doin' it for 10 years. your knowledge is definitely more technical but:
Service providers need to be able to get a return on their investment. 

They cant just throw money and gear, and fiber to get it with out a return.

To get that return they need to raise prices on high bandwidth usage or meter it or both.

With that I'm done before it gets personal. Its a nice day out and I'm thirsty for Beer
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 5:14pm
ok look at it this way i pay for a service that gives me unlimited internet access for a set price,,,  and the signal they send out to me is more than effective enough to sustain as much data transfer on it as i or anyone else needs,  your talking about them adding need lines and expanding there networks reach and charging more for it...... that is something different completely....  my isp does NOT have a limited amount of BANDWIDTH and that has been the argueement.  your saying it like we have to buy more as is in a "supply" like today our isp is running low on a "physical" resource.  the only thing that limits my net is if the power goes off or i dont pay my bill Wink  and in all actuallity the speed for the net has gone up and the price is at a all time low. Thumbs Up
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2012 at 6:49pm

here is the limited resource you speak of BAIN, and there BANDWIDTH METERING THRESHOLD. lmao

How does Comcast define "excessive use"?

Comcast has set a data consumption threshold ("threshold") on monthly bandwidth consumption (including both upstream and downstream usage) by residential users of its high-speed Internet service ("XFINITY Internet"). Currently, that threshold allows a residential customer to send or receive up to 250 Gigabytes (GB) of data in a calendar month. This includes data in any form (including movies, photos, music, videos, e-mails, computer back-ups, or other types of files) that a customer uses his or her XFINITY Internet to send or receive over the public Internet, including data sent by one XFINITY Internet customer to another.

If an XFINITY Internet residential customer exceeds the 250 GB threshold in a month, we consider that to be "excessive use" for purposes of our Acceptable Use Policy [http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/HighSpeedInternetAUP.html]. For about 99 percent of our residential customers, the threshold presents no issue whatsoever, as the median monthly data usage by those customers is currently 8 to 10 GB, or about four percent of the threshold.

Am I at any risk of reaching the "excessive use" threshold?

It's unlikely given how most residential customers use the XFINITY Internet service. To put this usage in perspective, 250 GB is the equivalent of:

• sending 50 million plain text emails;

• downloading 62,500 songs (173 days worth of music);

• uploading more than 25,000 high-resolution photos; or

• streaming between about 100 to 800 hours of video (the range depends upon whether you're streaming studio-quality video or good-quality, standard-definition video, which have different bit rates depending upon the provider*).

* (By way of example, Netflix's website reports that it offers three video quality settings for consumers, which range from up to 0.3 GB per hour for "good quality" to up to 2.3 GB per hour for "best quality." For more details, click here.

Over an entire year, a customer could:

• send more than half a billion plain text emails;,
  • download nearly three quarters of a million songs;
  • upload more than 300,000 high-resolution photos,;
  • stream between 1,200 and 9,900 hours of movies and TV shows and do so without exceeding the threshold.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 9:54am
you do realize that bandwith is data transfer rate not the amount of data transfer, don't you? with all of those acronyms by your name you may becoming a little confused.
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 4:45pm

you do realize that bandwith is data transfer rate not the amount of data transfer, don't you? with all of those acronyms by your name you may becoming a little confused.
wow, that is dumb.... no bain please edumacate me sum mo cause i no sure of the understanding of such complex thingymabobs.......   you do realize that a "bandwidth" is spelt with a "D" in it as well??  and if a isp is sending a signal at a certain data tranfer rate how can you exceed it??  so im not sure if you had a point somewhere in there or if you are even on topic with what you where trying to talk about with no facts.  i thought the arguement was about people over exceeding the "BANDWIDTH" use from a isp, so how does someone consume more than the signal being sent...  there are cases where the signal runs what people in the cable instalation field call as "running hot" but im sure you know about all things IT as you have been making it seem..Wink  i think you are lost in the whole conversation,,,  how much schooling have you got about all things IT or do you just goodle things as you go?  fyi those acronyms are microsoft certifications that i have by taking testes and actually working with computers and networking but guess you could teach me alot moreShocked
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 4:48pm
the posting above yours is a detailed discription of EXACTLY what was being discussed so try to follow along or if you want to try to say smartass things to me bring a vaild point to the table.
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 5:45pm
woah woah woah, take it easy guys.. no need to take it personal! 
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 6:20pm
im suprised penguin isnt in here trolling all of you for typing paragraphs coz I get trolled loads for it :D
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 6:22pm
Dont worry JP it'll soon boil down to the 'whose d1ck's actually the biggest' or 'how much beer u can drink in one sesssion' - sigh!
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2012 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

woah woah woah, take it easy guys.. no need to take it personal! 
LOL! Just having a little fun with Kuppy. He's really a good guy when he's not raging.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12