FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Another shooting..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another shooting..
    Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 7:17am
again, no one here is trying to ban guns, this keeps coming up with u so im making a point to reaffirm this here. As u & i both said before, its just not realistic, so no, no one heres saying to ban guns.

now then, what im saying is the sale & distribution need to be better regulated. if cops & servicemen have to go thru psych evaluations then why not people intending to buy a gun? and it doesn't even have to be that, there is room for improvement that would help prevent situations like this in the future, even if it prevents only a few or even just 1, it could mean that 20+ kids aren't shot.

i dont believe ur solution to be very realistic however, a majority of parents will not like the idea of their kids being within 20 feet of a loaded gun all day long. suppose one kid gets a hold of it & decides to 'play' with it. also, in this economy where teachers are constantly being laid off on top of the daily stresses of teaching, u really can guarantee that not 1 will snap and use that gun? its an added, unnecessary danger that at some point in time WILL cost lives, itd only be a question of when itd happen & how many lives itd cost.

unless im missing something, the only downside to better regulation would be that it might be a bit more inconvenient in gettn ur guns, and maybe a few other people dont get to buy themselves a gun after the next president theyre afraid of gets elected. it would save lives, even if it was a small number, id take that anyday.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 9:48am
I graduated from a small highschool.. we had 50 kids in my graduating class... yet we had an armed police officer at my school all day every day. Not that hard...
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 9:52am
Originally posted by Deadaim

I graduated from a small highschool.. we had 50 kids in my graduating class... yet we had an armed police officer at my school all day every day. Not that hard...

Ye my highschool had the same thing, one cop. He was an asshole but there was only one drive by shooting in my three years there. So that would create more jobs and have someone trained in firearms in case Mr. Psycho decides today is the day i kill over 20 people.

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 10:39am
you both make some really good points... keeping children safe is job #1 for all of us... their innocent and they shouldn't be harmed or even be made to feel unsafe... i'm not sure what the best answers are, but making it tougher to get certain guns should atleast be part of the discussion... more emergency training for teachers would help... this needs to stop! its terrible and heartbreaking! i'm still praying for that whole community
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

again, no one here is trying to ban guns, this keeps coming up with u so im making a point to reaffirm this here. As u & i both said before, its just not realistic, so no, no one heres saying to ban guns.

now then, what im saying is the sale & distribution need to be better regulated. if cops & servicemen have to go thru psych evaluations then why not people intending to buy a gun? and it doesn't even have to be that, there is room for improvement that would help prevent situations like this in the future, even if it prevents only a few or even just 1, it could mean that 20+ kids aren't shot.

i dont believe ur solution to be very realistic however, a majority of parents will not like the idea of their kids being within 20 feet of a loaded gun all day long. suppose one kid gets a hold of it & decides to 'play' with it. also, in this economy where teachers are constantly being laid off on top of the daily stresses of teaching, u really can guarantee that not 1 will snap and use that gun? its an added, unnecessary danger that at some point in time WILL cost lives, itd only be a question of when itd happen & how many lives itd cost.

unless im missing something, the only downside to better regulation would be that it might be a bit more inconvenient in gettn ur guns, and maybe a few other people dont get to buy themselves a gun after the next president theyre afraid of gets elected. it would save lives, even if it was a small number, id take that anyday.

My last post said nothing of people banning guns, i agreed on mental people not getting them. I said it wasn't a gun ban issue.

How is my solution not realistic? you think the teacher would put the gun on his/her desk? i would imagine they would put it in a small lock box in their desk. They are doing it in Texas right now. And if the teacher might snap and use that gun then maybe our teachers needed a mental stability test as well before teaching.

My arguement is why go through all the trouble when someone can get something illegal so easily anyways? Just making it more difficult for the innocent to defend themselves.

Deadaim i too went to a small high school, my grad class was 26 ppl. total high school students was under 400, and we had a police officer. Mainly because over half of the kids at my school were Native Americans who liked to start **** cuz of equal rights when they were the majority. f***ing idiots. We had gun problems with them too but our Ag and Architect teachers had guns in there safes, Combine that with the police officier and they would ususally have any threat under control very quickly. 

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 12:52pm
TX answered the question for me, agree 100 %

And I too am still not talking about a full gun ban, still saying at least make AR's illegal, or similar weapons. You don't need that to defend yourself, and yes, people CAN get them.. but the harder it is, and it would get harder, the more unrealistic it will seem to potential lunatics to even plan something like this, might not do the greatest difference, but it will make some, and it is the right thing to do imo..
Saying it's stupid to ban them because you can still get them illegal easily is NOT an argument

And I'm not even gonna comment on adding more guns, even to teachers..
Tx aid it all again

Please don't take this all personal, I still think it's interesting to see how you see things, and why :P
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 1:17pm
I agree with no ARs. I think TX and I agree we just both word things differently so somethings not matching up. I was stuck on thinking he wanted all guns banned at first but I believe I was wrong for thinking that.

Obama is speaking on it right now and I agree with what he is saying for anyone else watching.

I do believe in the security increase for the schools as I mentioned. But that's obviously just a strong opinion.

-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 2:15pm
I hear in our news it seems to be the majority of the US that want an AR ban, is that true in your perception ?

Haha yeah it is, I'm not judging you for it anyway
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by Sephiroth_V7

So don't give guns to retards. Not a gun ban issue its a retard issue. But guess what retarded or not when someone wants something they will get it. And limiting what types of guns won't matter either. Only takes one bullet to kill someone. Doesn't matter how fast you fire it. So like I said, ban and restrict all you want, but how you going to stop a criminal from breaking the law??

What needs to be done is add more guns. Arm the teachers. Raise security. Let only teachers control the locks and window shades for every classroom. Same can be done for public event centers. Instead of looking down on firearms for criminals let's look into guns for the innocent that could help defend others.

I just suggested this in another thread on another website. Liberals will be quaking in their boots at the thought of armed teachers (or at least one or two per school). But it is a somewhat reasonable solution. Train them, certify them, arm them, and put them back in the classrooms where they can protect the children from psychopaths.

In order to appease the liberals, subject the armed teachers to yearly psychological tests in order to show they are mentally stable enough to carry concealed in the classroom.
get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 9:27pm

armed teachers in a classroom full of kids? Really? Why not arm the kids too! Guns are the problem not the misfits of society and the solution is to add more guns! The only thing more dangerous than guns are ideas...and sorry guys but ideas like these

Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 9:51pm
Sounds like my state of South Dakota is gonna follow in Texas footsteps and offer teachers gun classes and arm a few of them. Discussing it anyways... at least I know I'm not the only one that thinks "unrealistically "

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2012 at 11:09pm
arming teachers that already have the job of teaching don't seem like the right answer to me... why put more on the teachers? more training on what to do for the teachers and making it harder to get in schools and a police officer or 2 seems better then teachers having to double as security... they already have a tough enough job
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 3:07am
I am definitely not saying arm every teacher, or 1/2, or 1/3, or 1/4, or 1/5. Maybe one per school. And it's not like there would be a mandate or anything forcing any teacher to carry lol. This is a free country after all, well, to an extent anyway...

In regards to the arming and certifying process, let me elaborate on that to present a fuller picture. There are lots of different levels of concealed carry throughout the nation. The US Supreme Court has affirmed an individual's right to carry, yet the Federal government has enacted no CCW legislation. They leave it up to the states to decide. In less than 170 days, IL will have CCW tooBig smile

Do a google search of CCW and read up (wikipedia is 1st hit) on the type of carry laws there are. There's unrestricted (AK, AZ, VT, WY), may issue, shall issue, and that's pretty much it. The Fed needs to step the f*ck up and enact legislation to override state law, and implement a uniform federally run CCW program where everyone follows the same rules.  This national program should resemble a "shall issue" type setup. From wikipedia, here are the typical requirements of a shall issue state:

"Typical permit requirements include residency, minimum age, submitting fingerprints, passing a computerized instant background check (or a more comprehensive manual background check), attending a certified handgun/firearm safety class, passing a practical qualification demonstrating handgun proficiency, and paying a required fee."

Yes, the hardcore conservatives and the NRA would fight this proposed legislation, but it would be a good concession for both sides.

So, when I was referring to the training, certifying and arming of our teachers, I didn't mean mass boot camps across the country whupping them into Chuck Norris. I meant going through the above process (or something similar) if they so choose. It takes a level-headed person with quality training to carry competently. If I was a teacher, sign me up for a Glock 26 with an in-waistband holster.   

@ Trinity man, while I respect your opinion, it comes with a grain of salt simply because you are not a resident of this country.   

get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 4:27am
Originally posted by chisox666

@ Trinity man, while I respect your opinion, it comes with a grain of salt simply because you are not a resident of this country.   
tnx man I hear ya, I no disrespect to you or my man Seph but I'll put a little perspective on who it affects.
  • what happens in USA echoes around the world
  • In britain we are becoming a replica of USA gun crime and gangs and shootings are becoming more of a regular thing
  • My cousin who moved from JA to NY was shot and killed because he worked in a liquor store and was in the wrong place (RIP cuz Ricky). But that was not a recent event
  • I visit USA to see family and enjoy the hospitality of your country
  • Stated impose their own regulations on citizens so you could really apply the salt to many ppl whove made comments
  • Debates are healthier if you get outside perspectives otherwise ppl too close to the situation may not have the best solutions

For the record this is no obv solution guns are ingrained in US culture but like TX and others have said less guns less killing so its a start.

Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 9:53am
So I think if we set a fund for health care programs for families with mentally anguished children , maybe we can treat the person before they become suicidal and bat **** crazy.

Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 12:37pm
Or parents should just start beating their children and enforcing proper discipline again.

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 1:48pm
i will say this... i've never carried a gun... i've lived in the inner City my whole life... people aren't as bad as their made out to be on the news! a big problem is hard drugs... they make people do things they normally wouldn't do... i'm for drug free, but i don't think weed is in the same catagory as hard drugs... i've seen good people's life change drasticaly because of hard drugs... its terrible! i'm for more help for people addicted to hard drugs... getting the cost of their help down should also be done... even law abiding people make mistakes... i don't carry a gun, because i don't ever want to make a mistake and take a life... it happens with trained police officers so it could happen with anyone... i'm not saying people don't have a right to defend their self! drugs and guns are a part of society unfortunantly... i just wish they weren't!
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 2:37pm
u dont need to beat ur children to instill discipline, and these days with the lack of decent parenting, when it does happen it usually f***s up the kid. but anyway.

as far as thinkn ur solution to b unrealistic seph, all it takes is 1 incident and then people will cry outrage over why we are arming teachers. the trouble with having it in a lockbox is this: it is really only effective if u know an attack is coming. if a shooter busts in suddenly, the teachers not gnna have time to get the key, open the box, take out the gun & use it. suppose it happens in a cafeteria or playground, unless the teachers take their guns with them, they cant do a thing. if they do take their guns with them while supervising, then theres the threat a student could get their hands on it. this is a real threat too, especially for middle school & up especially in inner city schools where its common to have various gang members present.

as far as the teachers snapping & using it on the kids themselves, u can test them all u want but the fact of the matter is, those types of things are usually very sudden and come with almost no warning. all it takes is the right provocation - like say being fired or falling under any number of great psychological stress which in this economy is pretty easy - and then we have a very dangerous situation on our hands. if iv realised this then theres quite a few others who have too.

yes it may help avert some dangers but it also carries new dangers with it and in certain places that new danger is greater & more real. i call it unrealistic because i already know that if this was put up to vote state by state, ud have it almost completely shot down in all the states on the east coast south to Tennessee and west to Minnesota, and in the west coast too. even in the remaining states itd b a county by county issue and getting a majority yes vote will become quite a challenge. in the end i think it really only has a chance at passing in a handful of states anc thats not a national solution, hence unrealistic.

in the end we all want the same thing, we just have different ways of getting it.
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 10:11pm
I was beat and I turned out great.... just sayin'

JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2012 at 11:29pm
I was spanked when I was younger, I'm not here crying abuse.. every time I got hit I f***ing deserved it. Well.. except once when I got blamed for wrecking my sisters puzzle but it was the cat who did it.. makes for a great story now a days haha. My nephew gets away with calling his mom dumb and stupid, if I called my mom that, even now.. out comes that wooden spoon.
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 12:57am
Yes my "sister in laws" 10 yr old boy told her to suck his balls right in front of me two weeks ago, she didn't do **** about it..... i remember when i told my mom shes a b**** when i was 12.... my dad hit me with a belt till i couldn't even speak or whimper anymore.... never called her a b**** again and still have more respect for my dad than anything and always will.... don't be scared to discipline your children, and i dont mean tell them NO. i mean smack them..... kids are f***ing spoiled these days and have no respect for anyone cuz they know they dont have to since there is no consequence.

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 3:05am
was never beaten or spanked, and i turned out great too lol...just sayin
consequence & responsibility can be taught a number of ways. if u get someone not to do something for fear of a punishment, well that fear can always dwindle or can be avoided if nvr caught. if u get someone not to do something because uv instilled in them the belief that its wrong, well personal beliefs aren't as easily cast aside as fear, but done properly both work. i think another factor was that in the past when hitting was common, the communities also took a much more active role in looking out 4 the kids. like they say...it takes a village.
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 3:33am
You needed to be beat

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 3:52am
lol why?
RpZ-Xot1Cz View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote RpZ-Xot1Cz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2012 at 10:02am
My school has no armed police officers.
im tired.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>