FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

States secession

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: States secession
    Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 11:17pm

yo i'm sorry but ppl who sign this **** are stupid their going to cause our own downfall. and one of my co-workers told me the state of tx has everything we can make it on our own. thats stupid as hell i dont care what u feel about health care what u think about whats going on if we seprate we fall or do i have to say together we stand divide we fall. and if someone attacks one of the states what then oh hey washington with ur army and money help us defend ourseleves, God i swear ppl are retarded.

Secession petitions now filed for all 50 states

President Barack Obama delivers his victory speech in Chicago on Nov. 6, 2012. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty)President Barack Obama delivers his victory speech in Chicago on Nov. 6, 2012. (Chip Somodevilla/Getty)

Petitions signed by hundreds of thousands of Americans seeking permission for their states to peacefully secede from the union have now been filed for all 50 states on the White House website.

The secession petition push began last week on the site's We The People section after a Slidell, La., man filed a petition on Nov. 7 to allow Louisiana to secede. Residents from other states followed suit.

As of Wednesday afternoon, North CarolinaTennesseeAlabamaGeorgiaLouisiana and Texas—all states that voted for former Gov. Mitt Romney—as well as Florida each had accumulated more than 25,000 signatures, the threshold needed to trigger an official response from the Obama administration. Collectively, the secession petitions now have more than 700,000 digital signatures.

Texas is in the lead with more than 99,000, but Gov. Rick Perry said on Tuesday that he does not support secession.

"Gov. Perry believes in the greatness of our Union and nothing should be done to change it," a statement from the governor's office read. "But he also shares the frustrations many Americans have with our federal government."

Meanwhile, residents of Austin, Texas' stubbornly liberal stronghold, have petitioned the White House to allow the city to "withdraw from the state of Texas [and] remain part of the United States."

Of course, the petitions are little more than symbolic—and nothing new. Similar petitions were filed after the 2004 and 2008 elections. And at least one petition filed on the site asks that the president sign an executive order to strip U.S. citizenship from anyone who signed a petition to secede and requests that they are "peacefully deported."

Secession, though, is not the only thing people are petitioning the White House for. Included among the 140 petitions currently displayed on the site: two seeking federal legalization of marijuana, one asking for the halt of U.S. drone strikes and one demanding a recount of the election.

< id=yui_3_5_1_19_1352947782831_293 height=288 ="http://www.hulu.com/.?eid=t4nof8_xxpgbfwuvn-aeqq&partner=yahoo&uri=http%3a%2f%2fwww.hulu.com%2fwatch%2f424909" Border=0 width=512 scrolling=no>

Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2012 at 11:46pm
this is almost like a lil kid who didn't get his way so he's gonna run away from home
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:04am
Nothing is going to happen from this. LOL

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:50am
Originally posted by YINYANG

Nothing is going to happen from this. LOL
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 2:57am
Whether or not you think this is going anywhere...

You better be aware there are many who are alarmed at the direction this country is heading.  Since the first world war, American politicians have been pushing policies that are taking this country farther and farther from the principles set out in the Constitution. 

Don't think for one minute this is not a serious issue.
Do you realize that in about forty years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tatoos and pierced navels? O.o
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 6:28am
I saw a map of the US showing who won the majority in every county in every state and we aren't as divided as some think. The entire center of Alabama voted Obama (Birmingham is in the center) with only the the tip and bottom of Alabama voting Romney. My point is that whoever signed that petition wanting Alabama to exceed from the united states is probably one of those damn Mississippi Indians always holding Alabama back like wtf give Alabama the f***ing lottery and give us scratch offs!!!
Sorry for the rant
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 6:32am
Originally posted by warfare

You better be aware there are many who are alarmed at the direction this country is heading.  Since the first world war, American politicians have been pushing policies that are taking this country farther and farther from the principles set out in the Constitution. 

It's not a serious issue lol. It's only serious with old people. Like shut the f*** up you're old, let the stronger smarter faster more technologically advanced generations take it from here.
- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 6:37am
Besides, republicans f***ed themselves up I mean look at what congress did the past two years.. Trust me, the entire world was relieved when Obama won. I bet republicans will dwindle to nothing in the next 4-8 years giving rise to a new more moderate party
- Best Coast

drdeath2point0 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:10am
Wow......I was not relieved when Obama won by any means I was like how many fu cling retards are in this country. Anyone that knows anything about America and believed for what we stand for wholeheartedly wouldn't have voted for him. Take away our right to bear arms? Force us to by a bs healthcare plan? Legalize weed??gtfo here aren't there enough drug headed zombies walking the streets who can't use common sence already? Please! I don't support abortion and I don't support legalizing drugs or obamacare, whytf do I have to pay for the free ride of. Thousands of lazy mthrfkers who get their ish straight. It's pathetic to even think that gay marrige and everything else that fktards campaign was pushing......I'm a republican and I employ your minimum wage asses. Grow up
drdeath2point0
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 11:07am
Its the start of the end of the world. See what happens when you vote for Obama? We all die.....

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 12:27pm
This is true^^
drdeath2point0
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 12:32pm
I definitely prefer the Republican platform to the Democratic platform.
However its laughable when Romney is the best they can do.
Some of the repubs financial policies are retarded (lowering taxes in the middle of a war?) and their views on women and immigration ought to be revamped.
I still have faith in the republican party though, wheres Lincoln when you need him lol.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 12:39pm
you could go outside right now and get a petition to make Mars our 51st state signed by the same amount of of people. it doesn't mean a thing. just be glad that we are free to do so.
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by drdeath2point0

Wow......I was not relieved when Obama won by any means I was like how many fu cling retards are in this country. Anyone that knows anything about America and believed for what we stand for wholeheartedly wouldn't have voted for him. Take away our right to bear arms? Force us to by a bs healthcare plan? Legalize weed??gtfo here aren't there enough drug headed zombies walking the streets who can't use common sence already? Please! I don't support abortion and I don't support legalizing drugs or obamacare, whytf do I have to pay for the free ride of. Thousands of lazy mthrfkers who get their ish straight. It's pathetic to even think that gay marrige and everything else that fktards campaign was pushing......I'm a republican and I employ your minimum wage asses. Grow up

Abortion I support: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/14/savita-halappanavar-death-irish-woman-denied-abortion-dies_n_2128696.html .. Few days ago women who was denied abortion because it was catholic country dies
Legalize marijuana I support: The war on drugs has been in utter failure. We are constantly spending money on try to stop the drug cartels and gangs when it could be spent on way more productive things. We all know the facts about marijuana. Its safer then Alcohol, Prescription drugs, & cigarettes. All legal. People back then said the same thing about Alcohol..and guess what now?..History is repeating itself. 2 states already passed full legalization of marijuana..and just like alcohol, it started off with little by little states finally passing Alcohol as okay. Cant deny the facts and science about weed. If its regulated just like Alcohol. that will not only save soooo much money but it will bring in ass loads by taxes. Once this legal market is created..jobs will be created.  Plus Obama doesnt even support it anyway..so he got nothing to do with it lol? None of the parties have a stance about the subject.

and health care I cant really say. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

PSN:Imaginative
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:47pm
Lol if we legalized ciggs and alcohol might as well legalize weed. I'm not a fan of weed but at least it's not a killer like ciggs or booze.
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

Besides, republicans f***ed themselves up I mean look at what congress did the past two years.. Trust me, the entire world was relieved when Obama won. I bet republicans will dwindle to nothing in the next 4-8 years giving rise to a new more moderate party

If the Republican party wants to survive, they need to let go of solely representing the interests (or having that be their main focus) of the top 1% and try to encompass the middle class more. And also drop the f*cking extremism on a variety of fronts. 
get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 2:05pm
I agree there also. Too many years the laws have been changed to benefit a lifestyle change because something is in demand: alcohol, cig, gay marriage, drugs, prostitution, this list goes on an on. We are DOOMED!!!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!! It's whatever it's too late the bible describes all of this so it's meant to happen. Good day sir's
drdeath2point0
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 2:39pm
You can't stop change  >_>

If anyone's against marijuana they should be against alcohol as well.

and abortion is only ok if the birth will harm/kill the mother/child, or If the mother was rap­ed. Abortion shouldn't be for dumb b****es that didn't feel like using a condom and want an easy way out.
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

You can't stop change  >_>

If anyone's against marijuana they should be against alcohol as well.

and abortion is only ok if the birth will harm/kill the mother/child, or If the mother was rap­ed. Abortion shouldn't be for dumb b****es that didn't feel like using a condom and want an easy way out.
PSN:Imaginative
ckc_pamkitten View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC

Post Options Post Options   Quote ckc_pamkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 5:18pm
"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.

From that moment on, the majority always vote for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.

The average age of the world's greatest civilizations from the beginning of history, has been about 200 years.

During those 200 years, those nations always progressed through the following sequence:
1. from bondage to spiritual faith;
2. from spiritual faith to great courage;
3. from courage to liberty;
4. from liberty to abundance;
5. from abundance to complacency;
6. from complacency to apathy;
7. from apathy to dependence;
8. From dependence back into bondage"

The above is usually attributed to Alexander Tyler, although that is not entirely accurate (see http://www.lorencollins.net/tytler.html for that discussion).  However, regardless of the the source, I believe that there is some truth to this being the direction we are heading.
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

Originally posted by warfare

It's not a serious issue lol. It's only serious with old people. Like shut the f*** up you're old, let the stronger smarter faster more technologically advanced generations take it from here.

....says the college dropout cuz his girfriend got knocked up...oh EXCUSE me younger, faster, stronger, smarter, technologically advanced young man.

Shut the f*** up yourself.

Do you realize that in about forty years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tatoos and pierced navels? O.o
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 6:14pm
As for the rest of you, please don't misunderstand, I don't really believe any states are ACTUALLY going to secede.  Just take very seriousely the issues behind these petitions which are the gradual erosions of our Constitutional freedoms. 
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 6:59pm
Why does Mars get all the attention? What the hell is wrong with Jupiter? Why can't Jupiter be a damn state?!!?

YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

Why does Mars get all the attention? What the hell is wrong with Jupiter? Why can't Jupiter be a damn state?!!?

I think Ill agree with this post. Not sure why though =(

Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 7:13pm
You're just bias to Jupiter cuz we call you Japinator. I mean jpinator.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>