FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

El Gato

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: El Gato
    Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 4:56pm
What do you guys think of the El Gato?

it seems to be even better then the Haupauge
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 5:37pm
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 5:40pm
I must say. Quality <-- sorry if mis spelled in a hurry but i don't see diff. Only thing i see that is diff NOW is that the Elgato is like 30$ higher and LESS cords. Other then that I love my FREE hd pvr that lights up <3
DahBlackWorm View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 9:09pm
The El Gato is great out of the box and doesn't require as many connections as the Hauppauge does, but keep in mind the reason it doesn't require the inputs is because of the features.. People bash on Hauppauge and think the El Gato is superior in every way, but in essence it is not.  

Hauppauge and El Gato can both:

-Record in H.264 high definition encoding and their FILES ARE THE SAME SIZE.

El Gato over Hauppauge: The El Gato can record in 1080p true resolution (up to 60 frames per second). Correct me if I am wrong but Ps3 and Xbox both MAINLY produce games that are still limited to 720p / 1080i... I don't know the argument but I think the argument with that is that all of the games are not 1080p because of the processors not being able to handle it?? So most game developers limit their games to 720p which is still comparably better than 1080i, NOT 1080p.... Honestly though, the difference between the resolutions are for brainiacs who care for that.. When you upload high quality into youtube, the videos automatically render in a slightly lower quality.. That is just how the encoding of you tube works.... Many people can't even watch 1080p you tube videos anyways because their internet simply isn't fast enough lmao.. If you keep seeing a buffer when you watch, then your internet isn't THAT fast.....

True Purpose:

El Gato- strictly a gaming recording device from input source of xbox or ps3

Hauppauge- can receive inputs from HD cable TVs as well as satellite TV receivers and inputs from xbox or ps3... You can also notice the IR blaster to change the TV channels in your set top box... 

The H.264 for the hauppauge can be viewed in 3 formats: .TS , .M2TS for ps3 and .Mp4 for xbox.... All three can be used to burn blu-ray compatible disc recordings (who cares about that).. Usually we will just use PVRs to record and upload to youtube..

AS a final verdict, if you only want to record and make montages and require less wires, then the El Gato is superior. It edges out the hauppauge by being able to record up to 1080p, whereas the hauppauge can only go up to 1080i/ 720p.. 

*The hauppauge is a lot more pricier if you are using it with a MAC. For MAC users, you have to purchase what is called Eye3 TV which OMG, is made by El Gato! Would you look at that... Eye3 TV is expansive with the amount of details and changes you can make in terms of quality... I have a hauppauge and I have had trial and errors with the settings (still to this day I haven't experience ever setting).. The downfall to that program is the price.. 80 bucks for eye3 tv for MAC compatibility, and like about 200 for a new hauppauge hd pvr.. basically 300 not including the extra component cables you have to buy to use the right input from xbox or ps3... The el gato just needs hdmi which provides the superior straight out of the box quality.  Sizzle I would try the El Gato man... if you ever want me to walk you through some specs with the hauppauge or El Gato, I would be more than happy. I can also show you how to stream with full sound from tv, mic, and console in a live stream event/ recording... 
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 9:15pm
oh and another thing.. the hauppauge was originally only PC COMPATIBLE, and the software Eye3 Tv bypasses it and allows for MAC users...     the new El Gato Hd device is only MAC compatible and I still am not sure if there is software available to use on  a PC...
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 12:10am
thnx Worm.. i've watched El Gato vs Haupauge vids on youtube

i like the fact that the El Gato keeps your footage while you play, but doesn't record it unless you choose to record it before you shut it down.. i think thats a great feature

i also like how easy it is to edit with the El Gato.. the 1 button instant record is nice also

1 guy said the El Gato is having some issues with losing your recordings which would kill any recording device lol

i personally don't mind the cables or the size of the Haupauge, so that not a factor for me at all

the video quality looks great on both, so thats not a factor either

i guess it comes down to the software, and the El Gato softer is obviously superior to the Haupauge software

their saying the price is pretty much the same for both except the extra cable for the Haupauge

i need to check more on the losing video issue with the El Gato before i decide

oh and Seif said there's a new Haupauge coming out this winter so it might be best to wait and see how good it is before shelling out $200

it would suck to buy one now and then have the new Haupauge blow the current ones out of the water
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 1:25am
Originally posted by SIZZLE

thnx Worm.. i've watched El Gato vs Haupauge vids on youtube

i like the fact that the El Gato keeps your footage while you play, but doesn't record it unless you choose to record it before you shut it down.. i think thats a great feature

i also like how easy it is to edit with the El Gato.. the 1 button instant record is nice also

1 guy said the El Gato is having some issues with losing your recordings which would kill any recording device lol

i personally don't mind the cables or the size of the Haupauge, so that not a factor for me at all

the video quality looks great on both, so thats not a factor either

i guess it comes down to the software, and the El Gato softer is obviously superior to the Haupauge software

their saying the price is pretty much the same for both except the extra cable for the Haupauge

i need to check more on the losing video issue with the El Gato before i decide

oh and Seif said there's a new Haupauge coming out this winter so it might be best to wait and see how good it is before shelling out $200

it would suck to buy one now and then have the new Haupauge blow the current ones out of the water

Are you only going to be recording UT3 footage or what other games are you trying to record?

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 6:45am
truee... and no doubt man.. the new hauppauge won't have a bypass for hdmi for ps3...  HDCP copy protection on the PS3 won't let you use the hdmi ports on the new hauppauge.. however you can just get a component to hdmi converter (around like 40$) and that will change the quality back to hdmi-like and bypass the copy protection. It will work on xbox with hdmi straight out of the box WITHOUT purchasing the converter though... Damn you Microsoft!!!
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 8:36am
€200,- dang.

They mad.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 12:21pm
@Ying.. ut3 4 sure.. i'm not sure what all games id record? id probably record a coulpe of fighting games i'm bout to get when they come out. and i'm sure id record some shows & burn them to blueray if i go with the Haupauge, which the El gato can't even do

@Worm.. yea i seen where the ps3 has hdmi blocked.. i was wondering what the quality of the cable is that the El Gato uses for ps3? there's a component to hdmi converter for $40? i did not know that... thats great info

it seems that you'd also need seperate editing software with the Haupauge? i've heard that Sony has the best editing software.. i'm not sure if thats true though?

the only thing that was stopping me from buying the gaming edition Haupauge was hearing that there bout to come out with a new Haupauge.. now the El Gato comes out and makes the decision even harder lol

the fact that the El Gato is only for games and you can't record shows with it and burn them to blueray is a big negative for El Gato, but the great software is a big plus... those are the 2 main issues for me.. ima have to price check the best editing software's and figure that into the price of the Haupauge

Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:09pm
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 9:25pm
thnx Pinn
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 5:30am
Nerd's.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 9:05am
sup Shakey
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 9:25am
Buy a device sizzle and i'll start recording ut3 also. I'm done on my mw2 dueltage atm meaning I got my max clips so i have time to record. :)
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 2:03pm
i'm not sure which one i'm getting yet Mikey.. i might wait for the new Haupauge to come out this winter? i'm sure they will improve the new one, because now they have compitition from El Gato
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 6:44am

i'm not sure which one i'm getting yet Mikey.. i might wait for the new Haupauge to come out this winter? i'm sure they will improve the new one, because now they have compitition from El Gato

what's the point in sizzle getting a HDPVR ....... like no joke you suck bro, all you do is play like a noob in VCTF, who wants to watch that.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 8:03am
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

what's the point in sizzle getting a HDPVR ....... like no joke you suck bro, all you do is play like a noob in VCTF, who wants to watch that.

LOL

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 8:24am

you shouldn't play vctf if your going to get pwnd like you have been and then get butthurt enough to keep posting on here CS .___. what happened when we went head to head with sniper by the redeemer on your eu server? :) you can't even cap a flag on EU? :o maybe i'll 10-0 you and record it? naw 10-0'n you wouldn't be worth recording CS lol i play on EU all the time, because you EU players wont play vctf on US, and i still get mine :o

did you see what Mikey did to Tripox in the duel tourney CS? Tripox shouldn't ever play in duel tourneys, and you shouldn't ever play vctf :)

dudes were calling you out and you were getting mad as hell.. you were screaming "why would i care if i lose at vctf?" lmao   

-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 8:39am
EU players won't play vctf on US ?
US players won't play vctf on US ! ;)
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 8:43am
lol hey thats acually true Dagon.. dumb ass'a wont even switch to US after EU goes to bed lol
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 10:48am
How much is el gato?
PSN:Imaginative
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 11:25am
Originally posted by YINYANG

LOL

LOOOOOOL
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 11:25am

you shouldn't play vctf if your going to get pwnd like you have been and then get butthurt enough to keep posting on here CS .___. what happened when we went head to head with sniper by the redeemer on your eu server? :) you can't even cap a flag on EU? :o maybe i'll 10-0 you and record it? naw 10-0'n you wouldn't be worth recording CS lol i play on EU all the time, because you EU players wont play vctf on US, and i still get mine :o

did you see what Mikey did to Tripox in the duel tourney CS? Tripox shouldn't ever play in duel tourneys, and you shouldn't ever play vctf :)

dudes were calling you out and you were getting mad as hell.. you were screaming "why would i care if i lose at vctf?" lmao   

Blabla essay when CS funny joke.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Darkn3ss

Blabla essay when CS funny joke.

Lol that essay was so pointless brah
PSN:Imaginative
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>