Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

iAMCTF 3 Map Pool *UPDATE*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iAMCTF 3 Map Pool *UPDATE*
    Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 5:48pm
We have discussed for a long time on what maps we should use for the tournament.  We immediately chose the three most played stock maps Reflection, Omicron Dawn, and Strident.  We would like to throw in three customs to compensate for the three stock maps.  Below is an initial decision on the map pool we have considered using for the tournament.  I understand there may be some players who are not satisfied with a couple of the maps on the list.  If you do not like a map for one particular reason you need to elaborate and give a fair and logical reason on why that particular map should not be used.  Anyone can post here however when it comes down to it, it will more than likely be up to the captains to choose the final map pool.  Hopefully we will have no issues here.  Again if you do not like a particular map and its features, do not simply say it is "sorry" or "not competitive".  You need to explain why and be persuasive and make sense.  Let's have fun and make this a success. Here is the map pool.  Each team will select a map from the pool to play obviously.

I have provided the download links for all the customs in this initial map pool.  Before you post your opinion, please take the time to download these maps and truly test them out so that you may come to a real conclusion on how you feel about the map.

Final Map Pool
CTF-Strident
CTF-Reflection
CTF-OmicronDawn
CTF-Shaft
CTF-Searchlight

I am currently uploading Orestes to my server, once it is finished I will upload this post and provide the download link for that map.  The rest of the maps can be downloaded simply by clicking their names.

*Update*
I have revised Bleak and recooked it so those who originally had this map will need to download and reinstall the new version.  

Below is the PC Files for Bleak for those who need to upload it to their server.

CTF-Bleak PC
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 6:07pm
straight up I aint playing k lined (jump boots) I aint never played the other customs..nor will I be able to cuz I don't have a flashdrive..90% of all CTF customs are garbage. Orestes is like the dopest CTF custom ever. I can play it like reflection. Lets use the other KNOWN previous customs.. not brand new maps.
PSN:Imaginative
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 6:18pm
I don't want to play any maps that have jump boots, like bum said. idk if Bleak has them or not, but if it does I won't like it. 

Dutchees reminds me of Orestes, don't think it's that bad but it also has boots  :/ 

Boots are extremely lame in CTF, basically 3 free translocates while holding a flag. I vote no on any map with boots.
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 6:22pm
yeah bro. ALL JUMPBOOT MAPS VOID.

what about Ranel? Razor?

hell whats wrong with Shaft?

Reflection
Omicron Dawn
Strident
Veterbrae
Orestes
Shaft
another custom .. I think map pool is perfect
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 6:33pm
BuM, 

You have to give me more than what you just said. 

"I can play it like reflection".... Really?

Ok so you do not like jump boots in a ctf map.  Elaborate on that as an issue.  Control that area and prevent anyone from taking those boots.  Creates a higher risk for those trying to grab them.  Risk vs. Reward comes to effect in these situations.  The placement of boots on K-lined is designed to be protected or controlled because it can give a team an advantage.  So why not control it, hell just because you are controlling does not mean you have to use them.  If they do grab them from you, they at least should be taking some kind of damage as a risk for taking them.  Then after that you have to adapt defensively to stop them from leaving the base with the flag.  Your tactics should be changing the moment the enemy grabs those boots, and when your in control of the boots, your team can control on how that match is played and what tactics you will force upon them.  That's what that map brings to the table.  Key thing that can stop boots is the "Link gun".  Has an effect called Lockdown.  Secondary Link an "EFC" with boots will prevent them from being able to jump.  Some things to think about.  

I plead for everyone else to give these maps a try and focus on the flow / balance / and how placed items control the tempo and movement of a match.

FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 6:40pm
i like all of those maps but we should defo have razor and ranel. if we play vert i will rage quit. that map is straight up garbage. Rico, out of the kindness of your heart, please dont put vert in the map pool plzBig smile

edit: JBs are ok imo like Rico said, just not on spoon dog
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 6:43pm
Meaning I can play it over and over without it really bothering me. That's was I meant about Orestes.

Maps with jumpboots are completely pointless. Wanna know the first CTF map I played with jumpboots? Spoondog. &&& YOU made that sh.it. The map is off and on really but I wouldn't use it in a tourney.

Ive been scoring flags since 08 without any power ups. Your a dueler making rules for a CTF tourney. I've played CTF non stop. I know whats good and what makes the game cheap. No jump boot maps bro. I gave you the list that im pretty sure everyone can agree on. Choose another custom preferably from one of the packs to finalize the list

Reflection
Omicron Dawn
Strident
Veterbrae
Orestes
Shaft
?

Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 7:00pm
i like ranel  o:
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

i like ranel  o:

I do too.

I think Ranel should be added to my list &&& That should be the map pool
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by BuMrUsH

Ive been scoring flags since 08 without any power ups. Your a dueler making rules for a CTF tourney. I've played CTF non stop.

What you do not realize is that I actually have 8 years of ctf over you BuM.  I started my ctf days back in 2000 with the original Unreal before you hit puberty.  So don't gawk at me about what you've accomplished with the support of big hit boxes and high damaged weapons on a slow console version game.  So what if I made spoondog with jump boots.  It was not my intent for it to be created for competitive purposes, but for more casually and fun random ****.  K-Lined is just a remake.  I can take the boots out if it calls for it.  

I'm actually cool with replacing K-Lined with Ranel.  10 years old and still bringing it.  
AK-47-D-MAFIA View Drop Down
Team AK-47
Team AK-47

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47-D-MAFIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 7:27pm
no SEARCHLIGHT ? no NANOBLACK ?
Cry
“The fool says in his heart, ”There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1)
drdeath2point0 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 7:34pm
The D in mafia must not represent details....lmao
drdeath2point0
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by i2ic0chet

Ive been scoring flags since 08 without any power ups. Your a dueler making rules for a CTF tourney. I've played CTF non stop.

What you do not realize is that I actually have 8 years of ctf over you BuM.  I started my ctf days back in 2000 with the original Unreal before you hit puberty.  So don't gawk at me about what you've accomplished with the support of big hit boxes and high damaged weapons on a slow console version game.  So what if I made spoondog with jump boots.  It was not my intent for it to be created for competitive purposes, but for more casually and fun random ****.  K-Lined is just a remake.  I can take the boots out if it calls for it.  

I'm actually cool with replacing K-Lined with Ranel.  10 years old and still bringing it.  
<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

LOL If were going that far back IVE BEEN PLAYING CTF SINCE N64. AND it wasn't even called Flag then. They called it Bag.

I aint no UT game head and I know ZERO history about it. I don't know **** bout hit boxes, damage, or how slow the game is. I know its pretty fast tho but I've played faster. An accomplishment is an accomplishment. If I did what it takes to accomplish it , why get mad at how the game is made? I've played ALL versions. a beast on ALL three. PS3 being the strongest.

&&& Spoondog I said it wasn't a competitive map that I wouldn't put it in a tourney. ANY JUMPBOOT CTF Map is uncompetitive from my UT3 experience. Coming from a dude who really never stop playing the game/ctf mode. Being worth the most dollars in the tourney, I think I know what im talking about in the **** I PLAYED and EXCELED for years lol

i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 9:59pm

I've played ALL versions. a beast on ALL three

Okay guy.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 10:13pm
Jumpboots make it harder for defenders. I am skilled with every weapon in the game and can time boots so a flag carrier with boots aint an issue. However if klined is similiar to spoondog I will have to say no.
I am however a fan of bhutan. We need maps that balance out play styles, those who use weapons besides the flak/rockets should be rewarded.
I wanna say...
Omicron Dawn, Reflection, Strident, Searchlight, Bhutan and maybe one other custom.
Searchlight is underplayed and I also like Nanoblack. Omicron is borderline garbage as it is a camp fest and reflection is a spam fest.
Hell if its the last tourny, throw coret and hydrosis in the pool as well.
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 10:21pm

I've played ALL versions. a beast on ALL three

Okay guy.
you think I dont  kno PC?? I got a controller and  everything
Don't judge just cuz I dont say ****
Can't believe u seriously thought that sh.it
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by ax412

I am however a fan of bhutan.
so when did you start taking bathsalts.....?
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 10:27pm

Originally posted by ax412

I am however a fan of bhutan.
so when did you start taking bathsalts.....?
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 10:33pm

Yeah you just made no sense there.  No idea what you are getting at.
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 10:35pm

Yeah you just made no sense there.  No idea what you are getting at.
lol
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 10:47pm
Not gonna take forever to read. i;ll download any map that doesn't give me ****. ( meaning the file that has to be unzipped or some gay as-s EXTRA shi-t IDK who to do)
i2ic0chet View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote i2ic0chet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by MikeyBrennan

Not gonna take forever to read. i;ll download any map that doesn't give me ****. ( meaning the file that has to be unzipped or some gay as-s EXTRA shi-t IDK who to do)

Maybe you should stop whining and learn how to do it.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 10:50pm
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
WINRAR-TOO ADVANCED FOR SOME FOLK
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 10:51pm
Maybe you should just use you're smart as-s brain that you have cough yours>mine OBV cough and just make it where I don't have to do extra BS :o You and Dark seem to know how to cook or bake w/e the fk you two call it to files :P
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 10:52pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
WINRAR-TOO ADVANCED FOR SOME FOLK
Like meh Dx I tried to DL a file didn't work so I said FK you WINRAR and moved on >.>
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>