| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Server Administration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Guide to Art Of War Central servers.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guide to Art Of War Central servers.
    Posted: 02 Jul 2012 at 12:10pm
Because some people recently got an artofwarcentral server and they work a bit differently, I figured I'd write a bit on how to use them. Appearantly they can't get their control panel working properly (like clanwarz or midnightgaming used to) and you need to ask them to set it up a bit differently. Note that while ordering, there's Unreal servers for Ps3 and servers for PC, be sure to rent the proper one.

When you get the server and after logging in to the website, go to
Main page -> Support -> Open a Support Ticket
And send in a ticket asking if they can set your server up with ServerDoc if they haven't done so already. When they reply you should get an e-mail, and once they replied to your ticket they'll post a link with a login and a password you have to use when you go to that link.

Once logged in, you get something like this:

So instead of an interface where you can save several commandlines and use boxes to enable some things, they just have you insert a plain string of text. It still works the same way though. Now all you have to do to change the mode is:
stop server -> change the commandline -> save the commandline -> start the server
I think it also automatically restarts the server if it crashes? Not sure

A string can look like

server DM-Sentinel?game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?bWeaponStay=true?numplay=2?minnetplayers=1?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?GoalScore=1?TimeLimit=1?forcerespawn=1?allowkeyboard=1?GamePassword=hippo?MaxPlayers=12? -login=login -password=password -seekfreeloading -nohomedir -unattended -multihome=213.152.170.152

which is a deathmatch game starting on sentinel with the gamepassword hippo. Every questionmark basically represents a new option for your server you can modify/add/remove. You probably don't want to mess with some of the important options (for example bIsDedicated, bShouldAdvertise) though nor the ones you don't know what they do, but here's an example commandline for every mode (note that the multihome address here is from my server, you'll see yours in the example they set up/the first bit of the link to your serverdoc):

Deathmatch
server DM-Deck?game=UTGame.UTDeathmatch?bWeaponStay=true?numplay=6?minnetplayers=1?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=15?forcerespawn=1?allowkeyboard=1?GamePassword=hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia?MaxPlayers=8? -login=login -password=password -seekfreeloading -nohomedir -unattended -multihome=213.152.170.152

Team Deathmatch
server DM-Defiance?game=UTGame.UTTeamGame?bWeaponStay=true?numplay=6?minnetplayers=4?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=15?forcerespawn=1?allowkeyboard=1?GamePassword=hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia?MaxPlayers=8? -login=login -password=password -seekfreeloading -nohomedir -unattended -multihome=213.152.170.152

Capture The Flag
server CTF-Reflection?game=UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content?bWeaponStay=true?numplay=6?minnetplayers=6?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?GoalScore=2?TimeLimit=15?forcerespawn=1?allowkeyboard=1?GamePassword=hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia?MaxPlayers=8? -login=login -password=password -seekfreeloading -nohomedir -unattended -multihome=213.152.170.152

Vehicle Capture The Flag
server vCTF-Necropolis?game=UTGameContent.UTVehicleCTFGame_Content?bWeaponStay=true?numplay=6?minnetplayers=6?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?GoalScore=2?TimeLimit=15?forcerespawn=1?allowkeyboard=1?GamePassword=hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia?MaxPlayers=10? -login=login -password=password -seekfreeloading -nohomedir -unattended -multihome=213.152.170.152

Warfare
server WAR-Floodgate?game=UTGameContent.UTOnslaughtGame_Content?bWeaponStay=true?numplay=6?minnetplayers=6?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?GoalScore=2?TimeLimit=15?forcerespawn=1?allowkeyboard=1?GamePassword=hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia?MaxPlayers=10? -login=login -password=password -seekfreeloading -nohomedir -unattended -multihome=213.152.170.152

Duel
server DM-Deck?game=UTGame.UTDuelGame?bWeaponStay=true?numplay=2?minnetplayers=2?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?GoalScore=2?TimeLimit=15?forcerespawn=1?allowkeyboard=1?GamePassword=hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia?MaxPlayers=4? -login=login -password=password -seekfreeloading -nohomedir -unattended -multihome=213.152.170.152

Greed
server CTF-Coret?game=UT3GoldGame.UTGreedGame_Content?bWeaponStay=true?numplay=2?minnetplayers=4?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?GoalScore=60?TimeLimit=15?forcerespawn=1?allowkeyboard=1?GamePassword=hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia?MaxPlayers=8? -login=login -password=password -seekfreeloading -nohomedir -unattended -multihome=213.152.170.152

Betrayal
server DM-Heatray?game=UTGame.UTBetrayalGame?bWeaponStay=true?numplay=2?minnetplayers=4?bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?GoalScore=60?TimeLimit=15?forcerespawn=1?allowkeyboard=1?GamePassword=hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia?MaxPlayers=8? -login=login -password=password -seekfreeloading -nohomedir -unattended -multihome=213.152.170.152

So what you could do is just save some lines to your liking somewhere on your pc and just copy one over when you want to use it.

They'll set up a random login and password for you when you sign up, but you can request a name to them or I can just make it for you (I don't need acces to your server). Try not putting the server for more players than what you're paying for, they probably wouldn't like that and I suppose it'd be possible for them to find out.

To upload maps you can use FileZilla such as explained in my guide to midnightgaming/clanwarz servers thread (If the link you got for the serverdoc page is something like http://213.152.170.152:100/ then the address you'll need to insert in FileZilla is 213.152.170.152 for IP and then you use 21 for port, ignore the 100).

To change the map cycle you should use FileZilla to go to UTGame/Config/ and download UTGame.ini, edit the map cycle there (when you just search for 'cycle' a few times you'll see a thing with several maps behind it; just add/remove maps in the same fashion). Titan maps are installed by default.

For what the different kinds of options and what they mean you can check out:
http://wiki.unrealadmin.org/FAQ:UT3
nerd3 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote nerd3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 1:07am
ServerDoc, at least the way it is set up for my server, does NOT restart a crashed server. You will need to open a ticket to get it restarted.

Also, when opening a ticket, I always remind them that they need to restart both the server and ServerDoc, and I also include a copy of a message they sent me with the instructions on how to start it all up. This has helped considerably...

Post Reply Post Reply