FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

To people who record..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: To people who record..
    Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 8:43pm
i can set my router up like that too Death lol every option you named i also have, and i can buy the Hauppauge HD PVR with the $200 that i saved :)

you don't think that a top of the line Surfboard modem would be worth $70 or $80 Death? before i bought a cheap one id probably just stick with the Arris modem that my cable copany provides... they gave me a new modem a few months ago, but when they ran a test about a month ago they said the modem seems to be bad... they didn't send anyone out to replace it though? lool those mutha fk'rs just don't give a sh1t do they :)
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 11:08am
thats why i bought all my own equipment, ive had my "zoom" ($50) modem for over 2 years and never 1 problem.  ran a drum test on about 7months ago and it was still perfect.  all they do is convert signal, and as long as it support docsis 3.0 you should be good.  tho plus what you pay for the rental you could have bought one already.
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 12:59pm
well i've wanted to try the top surfboard modem for a while, but i just havn't cared quite enough to buy one till now... i'm going to get 1 just to satisfy my curiosity lol i'm convinced that some people have a connection advantage, or atleast some kind of advantage? a beast connection would lay the connection advantage idea to rest, and the only thing left for me to try is the top modem... since its under $100 i might as well try the best that there is... i acually just tried to buy a surfboard off ebay, but pay pal couldn't verify my pre-pay visa debit card? i was getting pissed so i said fk it i'll just buy it from Amazon like Rican suggested lol its the first time i've ever had that sh1t happen, and it got annoying real quick... i was like the fk'n card is good you dumb mutha !!?*** !!!!??**!*!! lol i even called the card # to make sure and it was fine... how in the hell can't pay pal verify a legit visa debit card?
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 2:47pm
well i still dont agree, with all the networking we do at school and from everything ive learnd a modem just converts signal and wont really matter what kind you have just as long as its functioning right,, the key is that docsis 3.0, anything lower and you are only able to have speed upto 12 or 15?mbs, so if you have a 25mb connection you line is basically running "hot" and you will not get the connection you should be.  think of it as a funnel, the docsis 3.0 is a wider funnel and so you get faster speed ect.  ive also seen speed test done from my house using different routers and modems, your ping will be better as long as you have the right set up..... then end of it all tho falls on your isp,,, if they are not sending a strong signal you will loose conection after you start mullti tasking your net
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 3:57pm
well the surfboards max stream is over 200 mps up or down... its overkill, but id rather have the best since its under $100... that way i'll know that the modem is as good as anyones... the surfboard is also compatable with roadrunner which is what i have... if i'm still not satisfied after i hook up the surfboard, i'll have my cable provider send someone out and he will stay here until i am satisfied, and you can take that to the bank lol
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:42pm
you dont even need them to come out, you can just have it previsioned yourself by callin in the mac address tho if you are going to have them come out tell them to bring a drum tester and check your coax cable from entry to exit in house, that will tell you if you are loosing signal though a splitter or bad line, or if it weakens
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 11:27pm
Originally posted by XxXDEATHXxX101

you dont even need them to come out, you can just have it previsioned yourself by callin in the mac address tho if you are going to have them come out tell them to bring a drum tester and check your coax cable from entry to exit in house, that will tell you if you are loosing signal though a splitter or bad line, or if it weakens

yea i knew that i just call them when i hook up the modem... i ment that if i'm not happy with my connection after the new modem is up and running perfect then i'll be calling and having them send a tech out and he will be here until my connection is perfect... even if he has to replace every cable and splitter from the pole to my box and my modem... i'm not accepting anything less then perfect now that i'm putting out the $ for the new router and modem on top of the $160 a month
drdeath2point0 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 11:31pm
160$ a month!!! Holy crap I got a doc3 and 5.5 upload and mines only 89$
I do need a new router thinking of the black diamond any cons I should know about b4 I waste $$?
drdeath2point0
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by drdeath2point0

160$ a month!!! Holy crap I got a doc3 and 5.5 upload and mines only 89$
I do need a new router thinking of the black diamond any cons I should know about b4 I waste $$?

i have the bundle though... cable, phone and 20 meg roadrunner... i don't know anything about the black diamond... my NETGEAR N600 gigabit was only $100 and it made a noticable difference in my connection
drdeath2point0 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote drdeath2point0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 2:30pm
Oh lol I was like dang!!! I just have cable for my net so I want the best I can get
drdeath2point0
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 11:09am
wtf? pay pal quit letting people use pre-paid debeit cards? thats just fk'n retarded! i've always used a pre-paid debit card on there for every single purchase and i've never had a single problem... id never use my acual debit or credit card online for any reason, so i guess i'm done with dumb ass ebay!

guess i'll just go to bestbuy and get me a new surfboard... that is if the price isn't way too high?

a Haupauge will be next so yall better step up your game when you see me, or you'll make it into my montage 4 sho
CKC_TRIPHOP View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC
goof

Post Options Post Options   Quote CKC_TRIPHOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 7:21pm
I have been looking into the haupauge as we are working on a you tube channel idea but does anyone think the roxio is a decent choice?
[/url]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123