| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

NC Gay Marriage Constitutional Ban

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Poll Question: Marriage for one man and one woman is the only domestic legal union
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
11 [45.83%]
13 [54.17%]

Author
Team KmA
Team KmA

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NC Gay Marriage Constitutional Ban
    Posted: 13 May 2012 at 8:20am
Unfortunately, 61% of our state recently voted to add language like this to our state constitution.

I believe that the central idea of the public philosophy by which we live is that freedom consist in our capacity to choose our ends for ourselves. Politics should not try to form the character or cultivate virtue of its citizens, for to do so would be to "legislate morality." Government should not affirm, through its policies or laws, any particular conception of the good life; instead it should provide a neutral framework of rights within which people can choose their own values and ends.
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 8:47am
North Carolina is so stupid 
i hate this place 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:23am
you can go to California to get married Rican.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:25am
San Francisco is my future home!!
Watch in 720P....duh
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:39am
People's Rights > Religion

government shouldn't control or be involved with marriage

they should make some kind of union that has the same rights as marriage and whatnot but isn't religion based
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 11:16am
I don't think marriage should be considered a strictly religious thing anymore anyways. Its a vow to one another that you love them and want to be with them for the rest of your life, man or women. Should be a persons right to choose who that other person is. Not have people who dont even know you or will not have anything to do with your life decide for you whether you can or can not marry a person. I hate the government. Its more selfish than it is helpful.

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 11:39am
Laissez faire. Meanwhile: soldiers are dying in the Middle East, children are dying of starvation, and Americans are arguing about things that don't even matter.

As a Christian, I don't really care. The Church should focus more on the plank in our own eyes.
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 12:16pm
Ohio <3
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 5:15pm
there should be a license test for anyone who wants to get married. if you pass, you can marry. if not, too bad.
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by ax412

Laissez faire. Meanwhile: soldiers are dying in the Middle East, children are dying of starvation, and Americans are arguing about things that don't even matter.

As a Christian, I don't really care. The Church should focus more on the plank in our own eyes.
i was thinking the SAME thing. nice Jeremy
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
JPINATOR View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote JPINATOR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2012 at 11:57pm
Whatever people do with their own lives is none of my business.. I personally don't understand how people can fall in love with the same sex.

I'll help vote for legal rights/marriage for my state because the Government doesn't need to be involved with something personal like this but I won't be attending this years Gay Pride Parade, lol. 
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 12:13am
If gay people want to get married, let them be. That's their choice. No reason to judge someone personal life; That's God job.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 12:20am
now that i think of it, almost every gay person i have ever know is hilarious
just a random thought
i love gay people.......
Watch in 720P....duh
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 8:44am

soldiers don't have to be soldiers so they have a choice... starving children don't have a choice, and its my #1 issue period... the thought of a child being hungry and not having any food is just awful... it has to be the most needless death there is... we all could do more though

marraige is a religious issue, and it can only be valid if its a man and a woman... the issue of gay couples wanting to be married is mute, because even if it were legal it still wouldn't be valid... its not my opinion its just the reality of the matter... i agree with you though Phantasi... there are far bigger issues then gay marriage

sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:39am
Originally posted by HanFei

Unfortunately, 61% of our state recently voted to add language like this to our state constitution.

I believe that the central idea of the public philosophy by which we live is that freedom consist in our capacity to choose our ends for ourselves. Politics should not try to form the character or cultivate virtue of its citizens, for to do so would be to "legislate morality." Government should not affirm, through its policies or laws, any particular conception of the good life; instead it should provide a neutral framework of rights within which people can choose their own values and ends.

Without having read every state constitution, surely this "central idea of public philosophy" was particulary meant to apply to our government at the federal level...

North Carolina is simply doing what it has every right to do under our constitutional republican form of government, that is, passing laws it's own people deem appropriate. If it interferes or contradicts the law at the Federal level, rest assured, it will eventually fall.

Do you realize that in about forty years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tatoos and pierced navels? O.o
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by SIZZLE

starving children don't have a choice, and its my #1 issue period... the thought of a child being hungry and not having any food is just awful...

I can't agree with you more on this issue!
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 1:32pm

soldiers don't have to be soldiers so they have a choice... starving children don't have a choice, and its my #1 issue period... the thought of a child being hungry and not having any food is just awful... it has to be the most needless death there is... we all could do more though

marraige is a religious issue, and it can only be valid if its a man and a woman... the issue of gay couples wanting to be married is mute, because even if it were legal it still wouldn't be valid... its not my opinion its just the reality of the matter... i agree with you though Phantasi... there are far bigger issues then gay marriage

It wouldn't be valid ?

Getting married with another person comes out of love and fu.ckheads like you are telling two people that love each other and want to marry each other to spend the rest of their lives together and thus have a special bonding that it's invalid ? And that's the reality of the matter ?

Sry, this is not meant to be some sort of attack, I just think it's highly unfair and yours is not an opinion that I can respect.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 1:41pm
Regardless, the same way the LBGT movement used the civil rights movement...
Next we will see, Men wanting to marry animals. Sex offenders wanting to marry kids etc etc.

Eventually a line will have to be drawn.
Tacote_del_Orno View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tacote_del_Orno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

It wouldn't be valid ?

Getting married with another person comes out of love and fu.ckheads like you are telling two people that love each other and want to marry each other to spend the rest of their lives together and thus have a special bonding that it's invalid ? And that's the reality of the matter ?

Sry, this is not meant to be some sort of attack, I just think it's highly unfair and yours is not an opinion that I can respect.

I think the point that was being made was that the idea of marriage is union through the eyes of religion. Thus the religion it's self would dictate what is and isn't acceptable, hence why it is invalid. The main issue i think is that lgbt individuals were raised under religious family backgrounds, therefore still wanting to be accepted thru their religion. I've nvr looked into it, but ithink you can be married as a couple by the state, no church or nothing, i dont know if the same applies to lgbt unions.

Tacote_del_Orno View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx

Post Options Post Options   Quote Tacote_del_Orno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by puertoRICAN

now that i think of it, almost every gay person i have ever know is hilarious
just a random thought
i love gay people.......

I've met some hella kul ppl to(better that heterosexual cuzz they didn't try to be anyone they were just down to earth), but i also met this one guy who was a complete *hole. he would usually talk trash to ppl when they werent doing their job properly(in his eyes newayz). had to tell em of one day cuz he was riding the others so hard. now that i think about it. my friend couldn't believe he was gay cuz the guy was ripped lol, he was like, he can have anygirl he wants lmao
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 3:02pm

Next we will see, Men wanting to marry animals. Sex offenders wanting to marry kids etc etc.

That line should be drawn somewhere beyond two adult human beings wanting to get married because they love each other !

But yeah right, because gay people can be considered equal to animals or sex offenders.. jeez what the hell ?!?
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 3:04pm
A secular state shouldn't consider religion in the case marriage, if you want, you can do it in a church, but the official marriage should take place in front of the state and not be in a need of approval from religion.

That's how it's handled in Germany..
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 3:06pm

That line should be drawn somewhere beyond two adult human beings wanting to get married because they love each other !

But yeah right, because gay people can be considered equal to animals or sex offenders.. jeez what the hell ?!?
Lol that's not what I'm saying. I saying will it ever end?
There has to be a line. The same is true of everything. Otherwise laws get pushed to the breaking point.
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 3:13pm

There has to be a line. The same is true of everything. Otherwise laws get pushed to the breaking point.
Marriage between two adult humans, regardless of sexual orientation and both actually wanting to do it. There's a line.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2012 at 3:15pm

Marriage between two adult humans, regardless of sexual orientation and both actually wanting to do it. There's a line.

That is acceptable.
Christians need to look at their I.D cards and realize it does not say native of New Jerusalem. (yet)
We live in secular countries. As long as they don't force Christian pastors/ministers to marry them, then that is fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>