Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

*Updated 8-9 ^^* CTF-Deflection by Darkn3ss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Updated 8-9 ^^* CTF-Deflection by Darkn3ss
    Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 2:58am
CTF-DEFLECTION
(Reflection remake)

UPDATE 08-9/09-9:

A new update on my work on the Reflection remake.

After a few days intense work the end finally comes visible.
If I didn't had so much trouble with cooking this map, it would have been finished by now..
Ah well.. The kid grows into the teacher after learning from mistakes..

Anyway,
This map is really starting to look good. Looking at the last couple of pictures, it was still very dark (a bit too dark, yup even voor me :P) and I had the feeling it didn't flow very well. This is an overview from what is done until now:

Lighting:

1. Added an extra skylight to just increase a bit more lighting to increase visual gameplay
2. A few more directional lights for some shadow bending.

Meshes and volumes:
Replaced these bored ground textures with a more modern chinese texture.
Its textured with raindrops on it, so you will eventually see the rain dripping on the floor :) Pretty cool!
2. A few Necris tentacles to spice up the map.
3. Cracked open the side building from [Red base : Rockets] to [Blue base : Flak]. It has a hole in the middle of this building with an elevator going low to a sewer (accessable by Stinger Side) which is also cracked open, adding another route to the whole scene :) 
I want to add to the above that both entrances [Red base: Rockets and Blue base : Flak] are ONLY ACCESSABLE BY HAMMERJUMPING.
I did this because otherwise everyone would take this route and ignore the main midfield.

4. Got rid of that annoying bush that blocks both sides on the upper levels at both bases (sniper access) Also, got rid of the blocking volumes. If ur good at hammerjumping this might be a good shortcut to get rid of chasing enemies ^^

Visuals:
1. Added an intense rain mesh. This will drastically change gameplay, making it harder to see,
more intense and requires more strategical thinking. Also, im working on a Matinee sequence that, if the shieldbelt spawns, it will automatically rain EVEN HARDER :P (yeah xD) and a storm rages over the field. Im having some trouble with this, but (OOH YEAH!) CR4ZYB4ST4RD is so nice to help me with this sequence :) Stay tuned for this.

2. Fixed some BlockingVolumes for some weird glitches. Especially for that weird glitch where you could translocateiup top on the map.

Ill post some screeny's tonight to give you guys a new heads up ^^

Its almost done... almost done....
------------------------------

Feedback and ideas from players so far:
DahBlackWorm -
make a Jumppad from the lower level midfield to the Bridge.
DONE, made 2 jumppads from Link and Minigun.

DahBlackWorm had also a VERY GOOD idea of implementing a trap. Im still workin on this man ;)

XxXDEATHXxx / PRO_WaR / x_GeNeSiS_x -
make a new bridge / walkway from Rockets and Flak in every base to the higher base area.

DONE :D, Check it out. It really looks good

BuMrUsH24SeV -
Replace elevetor near the flag with jumppads (both bases ofc)

I liked this idea, but the overall player voted an elevator instead of a jumppad.

XxXDEATHXxX / Phhilln -
Open the sewer underneath where the keg is to create a new walkway between the stinger and Minigun

DONE, cracked open the pipes between the Link and Minigun open and placed a pointlight for some more lightning

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New updates soon.

RpZ-Xot1Cz View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote RpZ-Xot1Cz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 5:39am
wheres the pic ???? the only thing i read was(Okay, Please take the time to read this through and give me feedback.) .WE WANT PICCCCCCC
im tired.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 6:50am
Open your eyes!!!! Then read the thread again.... :'(
Especially the BOLD part....
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 1:45pm

Sorry. I just ignored your whole post but Deflection should be like necris style...kinda dark..cooler music..instead of keg..put shield belt..instead of lifts put jump pads..instead of helmet put like UDmage or beserk or hell even a redeemer would be hilarious. keep same layout and weapon layout

PSN:Imaginative
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 2:34pm
First pictures up :)
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by BuMrUsH

Sorry. I just ignored your whole post but Deflection should be like necris style...kinda dark..cooler music..instead of keg..put shield belt..instead of lifts put jump pads..instead of helmet put like UDmage or beserk or hell even a redeemer would be hilarious. keep same layout and weapon layout

Haha yeah. Would be fun to make a version with a Redeemer on it xD. smthin like: CTF-Deflection-RE xD

Aigh bro, i hear ya. Ill see what i can do about those elevators and music. I want to place the Shieldbelt in the middle where the helmet is tho ;) I can recook it later with a redeemer on it ;)
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
VEDA View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote VEDA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 2:43pm
That is str8 Nasty bro! keep it up :)
WaR View Drop Down
Team PRO
Team PRO

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 2:50pm

WHAT ABOUT STAIRS IN BETWEEN WERE FALK AND ROCKETS ARE TO SNIPER RIFLE ON SECOND FLOOR,?? JUST A TOUGHT,, GOOD JOB BY THE WAY

YALL SHOULD WORK ON A COMPLETELY NEW MAP THOUGH, THIS SEEMS LIKE SENTINEL-CE IT IS A BIT DIFFERENT FROM DA ORIGIANAL YET NO 1 PLAYS IT,  
DuEL+paSsIon=sKilLz
doom5day View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote doom5day Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 3:11pm
Looking good, bro!
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 5:18pm
or instead of the portals, make it possible to go through the little sewer thing underneath the space between the flag and the sniper in the flag room, and make it a big ass long hall-way or something, idk, that might be bomb be depends if how it's set up.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by phhiLLN

or instead of the portals, make it possible to go through the little sewer thing underneath the space between the flag and the sniper in the flag room, and make it a big ass long hall-way or something, idk, that might be bomb be depends if how it's set up.

What do you mean bro? And where does this hallway need to end?
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
DahBlackWorm View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 8:39pm
Maybe have a jump pad from the bottom level up to the sniper deck level where the helmet armor is? When you go low by Stinger and/or link, you are very limited to where you can run..
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 11:23pm
i think what phil was saying was like in the middle were the water is and like directly under mega health there is those bars, you could make those accessable and you could walk under and make it sewer like path to the flag room addin another way in and out,, or at least that how i thought he ment lol
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 12:01am
Originally posted by XxXDEATHXxX101

i think what phil was saying was like in the middle were the water is and like directly under mega health there is those bars, you could make those accessable and you could walk under and make it sewer like path to the flag room addin another way in and out,, or at least that how i thought he ment lol

if that were to happen, it would make 1 hallway from flag room to flag room.....which is a pretty bad idea   XD
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 1:24am
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

if that were to happen, it would make 1 hallway from flag room to flag room.....which is a pretty bad idea   XD
no i was thinkin more like a tunnel that leads from one side of middle to the flag room and another one on the other side, kinda like where the mini gun is in k-lined, not from one flag room to other, like a S shape i guess is what i mean. like say you go out sniper and drop mid, you could take that route under rockets at the risk of being trapped?  idk just a thought,
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 1:27am
Originally posted by DahBlackWorm

Maybe have a jump pad from the bottom level up to the sniper deck level where the helmet armor is? When you go low by Stinger and/or link, you are very limited to where you can run..

Got this noted. I'll see what I can do ;)

EDIT:
Genesis want the big bush covering the door removed.
I can remove the bush and the blocking volume (which stops the player from jumping INTO the bush or on top of it. Also stops it from jump over between the trees and pillars on the lower level.

I can remove the whole bush and tree, remove the blocking volume. And place a jumppad near underneath the round gap ^^
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 4:42am
yeah that was an idea bought forward in the last thread "reflection 2".... and i do think its annoying aswell, so yeah remove it completly on both sides xD
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 6:16am
looks sick :)
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 6:44am

Originally posted by Phenethylamine

no i was thinkin more like a tunnel that leads from one side of middle to the flag room and another one on the other side, kinda like where the mini gun is in k-lined, not from one flag room to other, like a S shape i guess is what i mean. like say you go out sniper and drop mid, you could take that route under rockets at the risk of being trapped?  idk just a thought,

I like your thought. Its a good idea, but I think this will ruin the whole map structure. As of everybody (or flag runner) will take that route, cover it, spam it etc. Plus increasing the map by adding another straight route will decrease map control for smaller teams.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 11:57am
Dark I applaud you no matter what you do lol, none of us could do this crap. And I have a pc that can run it.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 12:03pm
looks great so far darkness. removing the walls behind the 2 big bushes at the end of each bridge and placing columns there would chang the map, but not too much to where it harms gameplay. Id do something with the thigh pad area at mid bridge, Its a great spot to give a runner some options with the flag. walljumps from there towards the flak or rockets would make running a little more fun.

This acually makes me want to buy it for pc just to create some new maps. First thing id do is turn Kargo into a great ctf map.
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 12:34pm
Thanks everybody for the good comments and feedback (=
Ill try and make this happen asap with input from everybody.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by ax412

Dark I applaud you no matter what you do lol, none of us could do this crap. And I have a pc that can run it.

Thanks bro. Ahh what kind do you have? ;)

Can you send me your feedback for the map again as reply on this thread as well?
For the changes you'd told me yesterday? 

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 12:43pm
The sniper vantage point is cool if theres more than one way up there. Otherwise flag carriers will camp the portal and make it impossible to go up there and nab them.
I like the rain :) if you can add clouds and thunder that would be even more dope.

Also you know how from flak to rockets theres those pillars in the midfield area?
I say get rid of em and add some necris tentacles that you can wall dodge off of.

Definitely get rid of the Bush at sniper. And maybe add some holes in the bridge. To make it seem like the Necris really did take over.

Put your name in the wall/clouds. I wasn't kidding LOL.

I don't agree with the whole underground passage ways. It'll just be camping spammers that always take that route. But maybe add jump pads from bottom stinger/link to the top of the bridge.
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by SIZZLE

looks great so far darkness. removing the walls behind the 2 big bushes at the end of each bridge and placing columns there would chang the map, but not too much to where it harms gameplay. Id do something with the thigh pad area at mid bridge, Its a great spot to give a runner some options with the flag. walljumps from there towards the flak or rockets would make running a little more fun.

This acually makes me want to buy it for pc just to create some new maps. First thing id do is turn Kargo into a great ctf map.

Got this noted as well ;) Ill see what i can do.

Yup, next stop. CTF-Kargo ;)
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>