FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

*Updated 8-9 ^^* CTF-Deflection by Darkn3ss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *Updated 8-9 ^^* CTF-Deflection by Darkn3ss
    Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 1:38pm
Heck if you can get Domination to work on PC servers.... you will be a hero.
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 2:48pm
Dont overdue it brah with all these extra unecessary ****.  The skill still needs to be intact. Taking the joy out.
PSN:Imaginative
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by BuMrUsH

Dont overdue it brah with all these extra unecessary ****.  The skill still needs to be intact. Taking the joy out.

Im with you on this. Wasn't planning any major changes.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
Crucial Sport 16GB 1866 RAM
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Kit 1M
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
BuMrUsH View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote BuMrUsH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 2:55pm
my version of reflection would be like I said earlier: Same layout. Just more darker, more necris style, same weapon layout, and just change lift with jumpad and keg with shield.
PSN:Imaginative
WaR View Drop Down
Team PRO
Team PRO

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Darkn3ss is QnL

Got this noted as well ;) Ill see what i can do.
 Yup, next stop. CTF-Kargo ;)

SIK Clap
DuEL+paSsIon=sKilLz
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 6:10pm
yeah bum i do agree with u that there shouldnt be major changes.... just the ones u said... but i think the removal of the bushes at either side of the map at the sniper area should be removed.. defintaly... jump pads that go upto the top bridge to give the runner some route variation... and a necris makeover and itwould be beast :)
also canmt wait for a kargo ctf remake :O
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 6:45pm
i don't see a point in visual differences  O:

and a lift is far superior than a jump pad.
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 7:51pm
eh I dont really like the idea of a sniping point.cause some doushbag like paxcanavana is going to think their pro standing up there and getting a campage by just hiding/sniping with no intentions to actually play the mode how it's suppose to be.
and I want to die while flag running by a pro rocket or something not by some scrub like pax or some randy sniping their as$ off through a scope standing still. just my opinion tho
DahBlackWorm View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Phenethylamine

True, I didn't think of that.... Jump pads you can't really change velocity, unlike on a lift where you have more freedom to move around while in the air.. Thanks for the correction=) <333
phhiLLN View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote phhiLLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 8:20pm
or maybe you could put more distance on the flag room , where the two health bubbles are;so you could also have a lift and a jump pad (just incase a noob steals it) XD
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 8:29pm
A jumppad lets you move as freely as you the maker lets it, try the one on Precision for instance
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 9:05pm
Only good thing about jump pads is you dont have to wait to go on it

lifts make you go higher, and you have more control more often then when you jump on a jump pad. If you just walk on it, your movement is pretty predictable. Lift allows for more epic moments imo.

Not saying jump pads shouldn't be placed, just saying a jump pad shouldn't replace a lift   >___>;

Also you should be able to translocate up to the sniper area you made
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 11:30pm
I'D JUST LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT I WAS THE ONE WHO SUGGESTED KARGO FOR CTF, still think that an necro can be dont and would be accepted by the commun as a playable map and would actually be used... sizzle said alot of things to do with kargo that i thought about, and those maps are not ''TOO BIG'' to be use for ctf, its a matter of setup only but kargo alone would be sick,, i also think that would bring a few Vctf players to the ctf modeClap
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 3:11am

You don't see a point in Visual differences?

Why would someone even do such a thing.. Make an existing map visual different..

The only point i could think of is that its an old and boring map and needs some visual improvement.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 3:38am
Originally posted by XxXDEATHXxX101

I'D JUST LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT I WAS THE ONE WHO SUGGESTED KARGO FOR CTF, still think that an necro can be dont and would be accepted by the commun as a playable map and would actually be used... sizzle said alot of things to do with kargo that i thought about, and those maps are not ''TOO BIG'' to be use for ctf, its a matter of setup only but kargo alone would be sick,, i also think that would bring a few Vctf players to the ctf modeClap

I'll buy you a kupcake .. ;p :'( and... make new thread..
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 3:40am
Originally posted by phhiLLN

eh I dont really like the idea of a sniping point.cause some doushbag like paxcanavana is going to think their pro standing up there and getting a campage by just hiding/sniping with no intentions to actually play the mode how it's suppose to be.
and I want to die while flag running by a pro rocket or something not by some scrub like pax or some randy sniping their as$ off through a scope standing still. just my opinion tho

Got this idea cut out. I didn't work out with the blocking volumes anyway..
Tower was too high, so had to raise the blocking volume and all the sudden i could translocate over all the roofs...
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 4:23am
Originally posted by ax412

The sniper vantage point is cool if theres more than one way up there. Otherwise flag carriers will camp the portal and make it impossible to go up there and nab them.

2. I like the rain :) if you can add clouds and thunder that would be even more dope.

3. Also you know how from flak to rockets theres those pillars in the midfield area?
I say get rid of em and add some necris tentacles that you can wall dodge off of.

4. Definitely get rid of the Bush at sniper. And maybe add some holes in the bridge. To make it seem like the Necris really did take over.

5. Put your name in the wall/clouds. I wasn't kidding LOL.

6. I don't agree with the whole underground passage ways. It'll just be camping spammers that always take that route. But maybe add jump pads from bottom stinger/link to the top of the bridge.

1. I could change the Portal location to a somehow what unused location where nobody comes. Like put it in a corner in Flak or Rockets.

2. Ill see what i can do ;) Thunder will be there soon ;)

3. You mean the pillar underneath the bush? The first pillar you see when you go OUT of one of either bases THROUGH shock?? If that is what you mean than thats correct, they are bound with a blocking volume which makes it impossible to walljump. I can either remove the blocking volume OR the whole pillar and replace it indeed with another mesh. Like a Necris tentacle.

4. Bush is gone and so is the blocking volume. You can now also jump through the hole where once the bush was.
What do you mean with holes in the Bridge?

5. I can do that haha. Rather put my sigh at the rocket launcher ammo wall.

6. Same, this is less map control for smaller teams as well. For there is a complete new route to take then. Jumppads from Minigun and Link are done ^^
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 4:48am

Only good thing about jump pads is you dont have to wait to go on it

lifts make you go higher, and you have more control more often then when you jump on a jump pad. If you just walk on it, your movement is pretty predictable. Lift allows for more epic moments imo.

Not saying jump pads shouldn't be placed, just saying a jump pad shouldn't replace a lift   >___>;

Also you should be able to translocate up to the sniper area you made

I agree on keeping the elevator.

Translocatin up the sniper tower is not possible. Keep the blocking volumes in mind..

But I don't quite know whether to cut out the tower or keep it..
I like it tho.
PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 10:57am
there's an old map edit thread Death where i suggested Kargo for a ctf map, but its an old idea. i remember talking about maps we'd like to see created with Seif, BenWa and Leathal on 360 a long time ago and we agree'd that Kargo would be a great ctf map.

I agree with Penguin on not changing the lifts to bounces. could try adding a bounce in front of the flag by the bio that throws you up to the platform.   
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 11:37am

Why would someone even do such a thing.. Make an existing map visual different..

The only point i could think of is that its an old and boring map and needs some visual improvement.

I'm saying if all you're going to change is visuals, then that's dumb   o_O

There's no need for a visually different Reflection unless you add to it. 

notice I didn't say "i don't see a point in changing the visuals and adding to the map"    

also it doesn't "NEED" improvement   o;  hydrosis is an example of NEEDING improvement  XD
Darkn3ss View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote Darkn3ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 12:05pm

notice I didn't say "i don't see a point in changing the visuals and adding to the map"    

also it doesn't "NEED" improvement   o;  hydrosis is an example of NEEDING improvement  XD

Lol... you just said that in your first post..... [QUOTE=Phenethylamine] [QUOTE=Darkn3ss is QnL][QUOTE=Phenethylamine]i don't see a point in visual differences  O:

Why does it not NEEEEEEED improvement? xD
How long have you been playing Reflection under the same visuals?
Gets a bit BORED by the eye I guess..

Hydrosis is too big. That should by remade by more then just 1 person.
Otherwise it will take fn ages.

PC Specs:

Intel i5-4960K 3.4GHz
GeForce GTX970 4GB VRAM
Antec 1100 Tower Case
2x 2TB Seagate HDD
2x 256GB Samsung SSD
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 12:11pm
I for one never look at the map's visuals while I'm playing
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 1:23pm

Lol... you just said that in your first post.....

Why does it not NEEEEEEED improvement? xD
How long have you been playing Reflection under the same visuals?
Gets a bit BORED by the eye I guess..

Hydrosis is too big. That should by remade by more then just 1 person.
Otherwise it will take fn ages.

did you not finish reading my sentence?  XD  I SAID, "notice I didn't say "i don't see a point in changing the visuals and adding to the map"  Bottomline was map additions can go without visuals but not vice versa

the gameplay isn't affected by visuls, which is what I mostly care about when I download a map.

Reflection looks fine to me, and I've been playing it for 4 years. If something is in need of visuals, it should be because it looks like poop, like hydrosis

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 3:58pm
if you put a jump pad at bio make it a pad that sends you higher than you need to be, that way if people take the easy route, they risk being midaired denied.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2011 at 5:46pm
I ment the bounce should throw you up to the platform that leads to the sniper. not towards your own flag. just a different option to get away from the campers.
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>