Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FRAGFX?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team iAM
Team iAM

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FRAGFX?
    Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 1:34pm
im lookin get one cheap, anyone got one for sale or know a place to get one cheap?
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 1:42pm
Your better off using mouse and controller or kb/m if your using this strictly for UT3. If not then ebay probably.
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by ax412

Your better off using mouse and controller or kb/m if your using this strictly for UT3. If not then ebay probably.
i'd use a mouse if it had more buttons, but it seems that they are almost as exspencive as well
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
AK-47_Zero1256k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47_Zero1256k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 3:14pm
You can configure the keys of the keyboards so you will have more buttons than the control can offer, a key for each weapon you usually usefor example is quickly and confortable in my opinion.
What, the hellbender is a sh¡t? I´ll make you think twice about it
hinterland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hinterland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 3:26pm
You can't bind the extra mouse buttons to anything in the PS3 version of UT3. I can't on mine, anyway. You can bind left, right, middle click (scroll wheel), and scroll wheel up and down. Just use any cheap mouse and have fun learning/setting keybinds (annoyingly, there are some keys on the keyboard they won't let you bind on the PS3 version).

Send your PSN friend requests to: hint-korp
http://unrealtournament4.com/
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 3:32pm
I thought they were already bound. In previous UT games 0-9 are weapons and the scroll wheel was weapon switcher. I know there is the Frag FX and the Fragnstein controller setups.  I bought a turtle beach headset from lime.co.uk and they were touting them too - but that was over 2 years ago. Im sure they'll b loads of US gaming sites selling both controller set ups.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
hinterland View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hinterland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 3:40pm
Yeah, those are the default binds, but I can't imagine anyone keeping them like that. Having to reach all the way over to 8 if you want to switch to flak in the middle of action would be annoying.
Send your PSN friend requests to: hint-korp
http://unrealtournament4.com/
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 4:02pm
You might as well put it to right mouse button :o
danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 4:18pm
How on earth do you use mouse and controller?
Click Me :)

iAMgaming... where unimportant people come to feel important.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 5:38pm
Don't..honestly from the guy who used one..just don't...the same price your gunna pay for the frag..you can get a decent mouse with enough buttons to do what you need...also the fragfx is crappy..crappy DPI its slow turning speed...VERY spotty...meaning you cant aim at certain spots..small movements to certain areas..nope..forget about it...go get yourself a mouse and controller..its the same concept as fragfx..except fragfx can be used in controller only rooms..but not worth wasting the money if your only planning on using it for ut3...
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 7:03pm
thanks for the info guys.  i just have horrible movement with keyboard but great aim (with other games) using mouse so i wanted to try the controller and mouse but my laser mouse is really jittery no matter what setting its on.  just thought the fragfx would be soother and sick having the button scheme on the mouse, but from what im hearing probably just save my money.
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 7:20pm
oh no man def not! the fragfx is not smooth at all... umm what settings do you have your mouse on..also make sure its on a clean surface (as dumb as that sounds) but anything with a shiney surface will reflect the laser back and make your mouse run like ****.
DahBlackWorm View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote DahBlackWorm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 8:50pm
Frag fX in my opinion works great with the UT and Quake series.... Since he has odd configuration settings, he may feel more comfortable with it in his hand... I was that way for a while...
iTz-He4DSh0T View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by danjel3+5

How on earth do you use mouse and controller?

Maybe they mean this kinda setup? Sadly these devices suck when used on a Console ( Crappy Joystick to Mouse emulation), There pretty good when used on a PC tho Smile Better off using a Low DPI Mouse & Keyboard on UT3 for PS3

Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 9:29pm
Why do those controllers look so damn tempting to me? I like the mouse buttons...

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 12:06am
hold the sixaxis in your left hand and the mouse in your right hand.
map jump to L2. and the rest is fairly simple.
M_Caboose View Drop Down
Team JFF
Team JFF

Post Options Post Options   Quote M_Caboose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 4:17pm
Hey that makes sense, I didn't know you could play that way. Seems like it'd be a bit awkward at first tho... Thumbs Up

Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 4:57pm
why not use nunchuck with 4800 dpi mouse (presuming u can bind the keys on the nunchuck to replace x, o, Sq and tri) wouldnt that be better?
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 6:00pm
uhhh i use L1 to jump..seems a bit better for me ..but to each their own
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

why not use nunchuck with 4800 dpi mouse (presuming u can bind the keys on the nunchuck to replace x, o, Sq and tri) wouldnt that be better?

Better off with a Low DPI Mouse (800 or Lower)

When you use a High DPI Mouse like my Razer Mamba (5600 DPI) UT3 Crosshairs Skip all over the Place & is very hard to make accurate shots even on a Sensitivty of 1.... :/
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by iTz-He4DSh0T

Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Better off with a Low DPI Mouse (800 or Lower)

When you use a High DPI Mouse like my Razer Mamba (5600 DPI) UT3 Crosshairs Skip all over the Place & is very hard to make accurate shots even on a Sensitivty of 1.... :/
lower the dpi on your mouse...not many people can control a high DPI mouse WOPR and I are the only two people (that i know of) who can play easily with a 5000+ dpi mouse
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 10:58pm
That's the thing, I'm a "HIGH" Sensitivity Player (Allways have been), I barely move my hand to control my Mouse. Every PC game I use the full 5600DPI, Even Black Ops on PS3/Xbox I use the Full DPI of my Mouse Smile

It's just UT3's Kb/m Support on PS3 is really Crappy, if it didn't have So much Acceleration I would probz play it again :/ But I'm fine Playing the PC version Sleepy
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 11:33pm
this is actually what i was lookin at getting, but if you guys are all telling me that the cross hair will be jittery like i seen with the mouse i tryed to use ill not bother.

Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 2:05pm
thats the same fragfx i used to have...the nunchuck is awesome as f*** but the mouse ....is not
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

thats the same fragfx i used to have...the nunchuck is awesome as f*** but the mouse ....is not
thanks man, i was really hoping to hear good things about it but better to hear from someone who's used it first.  too bad i think that would be a great setup if the mouse didnt jitter or played smooth.  good lookin out.
 Post Reply Post Reply