Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Science v Religion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Team Devil
Team Devil

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Science v Religion
    Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 11:41am
Ok let me make my personal opinion before I start

I am not religious although I am well eduacted in the matter at hand and I do respect people who believe in god coz I think some people feel the need to have a faith in something and in most cases christ is that faith which I understand so fair play to you if that is the case. I actually believe that Jesus exsisted and use to preach about a one god and he was put to death but him been resurected LOL to that, people have been put to death in the past for surving a stab wound and then it was said that they were in leaugue with satan but apparently jesus did the same thing and its not satan worship?? its a great story but a story it remains to me and nothing else.

I believe more in science like the illuminati did, there are some things lthat just not possible and god is one of them, there has been billions and billions of murder and death in his name and most of high ranking religious people are corrupted by power and use god as an exsuse. I'm not saying that about all modern christians, I'm sure some people like my grandad love god and desire nothing more than his comfort.

without science this world would still be in the stone age and without god the a good 50% of every person to have ever stepped foot on this planet could have kept their lives instead of been put to death or killed in gods name. Science has never hurt or harmed anyone just simply made the world better and you cant really argue with it either because it is a factual thing.

This thread id not me bashing on god at all, I found it interesting. I do not fear to voice my opinion on this matter on a forum or to someone face.

the bible is good for teaching people lessons in a story sort of way, you can take pearts of your life and maybe the bible can give you an answer to your problems but at the end of the day it is just a book.

I have so many opinions and some you could relate to I'm sure but some you might think I'm a di.ck but thats fine by me.

voice your opinion or dont? agree with me or bash on me. it all part of a good debate about an interesting subject IMO

peace
Phenethylamine View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Phenethylamine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 11:48am
Originally posted by ColossusSlayer

Science has never hurt or harmed anyone just simply made the world better and you cant really argue with it either because it is a factual thing.

weapons?  :/   unless you're not taking a literal sense then nvm

-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 12:55pm
First of all, I don't believe in god. I respect people who do, as long as they don't go around telling others to do it. (like for example Phant is totally cool for me, he does believe in god and I know he dedicates a rather big part of his life to god and religion, but he doesn't nor would he preach it to me, except maybe in this kind of thread but that would be the point)

I do think it's horrible how so many people took religion so damn serious that they would kill others who disagreed with them, some still do that. It's absolutely brainless.

But as Penguin said, science has harmed humanity, in my opinion in a huge way.
Did science not invent any rather complex weapon, starting from a sword to a nuclear bomb ? Albert Einstein, one of the most important scientists to modern physics due to his theory of relativity, was part of the team that invented and designed the nuclear bomb.
Weapons such as guns and especially bombs have killed millions and millions, and it's very likely that humanity will sc**** itself of the earth should it ever come to a nuclear war.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

First of all, I don't believe in god. I respect people who do, as long as they don't go around telling others to do it. (like for example Phant is totally cool for me, he does believe in god and I know he dedicates a rather big part of his life to god and religion, but he doesn't nor would he preach it to me, except maybe in this kind of thread but that would be the point)

I do think it's horrible how so many people took religion so damn serious that they would kill others who disagreed with them, some still do that. It's absolutely brainless.

But as Penguin said, science has harmed humanity, in my opinion in a huge way.
Did science not invent any rather complex weapon, starting from a sword to a nuclear bomb ? Albert Einstein, one of the most important scientists to modern physics due to his theory of relativity, was part of the team that invented and designed the nuclear bomb.
Weapons such as guns and especially bombs have killed millions and millions, and it's very likely that humanity will sc**** itself of the earth should it ever come to a nuclear war.

hmmm I dont know if I would blame science for vreating the AK-47 if you catch my drift, I get where your coming from but just feel that stuff like that is the fault of man, not people working hard to cure disease and stuff like that.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 1:07pm
lol dagon nobody would get saved from reading a post on a gaming forum or from playing ut3. maybe if they read the post out loud. maybe then maybe. But in order to believe the Gospel you have to hear it. I could maybe demonstrate though.
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 1:57pm
There's a duel tourney coming up. Shoutcast it.
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 2:47pm

Maybe not the AK47, yeah. But definately the nuclear bomb.

And Phant, I don't mean preaching it as in actual preaching but you know, trying to convince others, saying that you're right. Only thing you did was defend it in some other similar thread which was cool and also interesting, and you posted some psalms.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:23pm
God is a c**t. Science is for Geeks.

Might as well get the flames going because once a few people see this... it's all the thread will amount to.
Click Me :)

iAMgaming... where unimportant people come to feel important.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by ColosussSlayer

hmmm I dont know if I would blame science for vreating the AK-47 if you catch my drift, I get where your coming from but just feel that stuff like that is the fault of man, not people working hard to cure disease and stuff like that.

its not really fair to say science isnt to blame for the deaths of millions but religion is. science gave us the ability to kill more people faster, science also gave us the ability to save lives faster. on the other hand religion gave people a reason to kill and conquer but also gave people the courage and hope to persevere thru trying times.

the fault lies in humanity itself, not religion or science. the minds of men are easily corrupted by greed, power or hate, but to blame it on anything but ourselves is just an excuse to say 'its not our fault'

whether provided by a divine power or the minds of men, science and religion have the ability to inspire humanity to unbelievable heights but first we need to overcome the corruption in our nature
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by danjel3+5

God is a c**t. Science is for Geeks.

Might as well get the flames going because once a few people see this... it's all the thread will amount to.
LMAO well yea and no mate (we'll have to reserve judgement on the future but the leesons from the past tell me ur gonna b proved correct). It seems that many take opposing views as threats rather challenges and a chance to understand a topic better. Like CS says no hate but a healthy respect.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 3:56pm
Healthy respect doesn't happen on this forum. It's a shame.
Click Me :)

iAMgaming... where unimportant people come to feel important.
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

its not really fair to say science isnt to blame for the deaths of millions but religion is. science gave us the ability to kill more people faster, science also gave us the ability to save lives faster. on the other hand religion gave people a reason to kill and conquer but also gave people the courage and hope to persevere thru trying times.

the fault lies in humanity itself, not religion or science. the minds of men are easily corrupted by greed, power or hate, but to blame it on anything but ourselves is just an excuse to say 'its not our fault'

whether provided by a divine power or the minds of men, science and religion have the ability to inspire humanity to unbelievable heights but first we need to overcome the corruption in our nature
The Truth
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

Star 4 TX
Yes its what i was gonna post too. You simply cant ignore where science does wrong and highlight where religion does likewise because it weakens ur arguement. Its fine not to believe in religion but then you would have to think of it as simply a system for governing people and a product of man's imagination (something I think Einstein said was man's most potent and progressive force). You cannot then say religion is worse than politics and from the evidence far more people are killed for the political beliefs than their religious ones. WWI and II were political wars NOT religious ones. Religion gets more bad press because its perceived as hypocritical - and rightly so!
Man is the flaw because he chooses to kill, just has he seeks to impose his will over his fellow man or to supress the thoughts and ideas of others in order to gain favour. We know our flaws but collectively there doesnt seem to be a practical solution.
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

Maybe not the AK47, yeah. But definately the nuclear bomb.

??? idgi as technology is the practical applicaton of scientific discovery. The AK-47 is an invention designed to kill people with more efficiency and is responsible for killing more people than nuclear bombs afaik. I know that scientists were exploring the usefulness of speeding projectiles or the splitting of atomic particles and these technologies may also hold the key to the introduction of life to an otherwise inhospitable planet or averting the path of a meteorite. I think its how we elect to exploit these technologies that say a lot about what concerns us most dont u think?

-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 6:00pm
I was just saying that an AK47 doesn't need nearly as deep scientific research and knowledge as a nuclear bomb. ;D

I agree 100 % with TXs post, both "parties" have done a lot of good to mankind, meanwhile they also caused damage. It's still up to the human being itself.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 7:44pm
^^I tend to think without the gun the bomb wouldnt have been invented but I see what u mean now. I think the biggest enemy that man faces is man himself because we are both creative and destructive, philantropic and psychopathic, co-operative and competitive - in a nutshell mankind is a paradox. Religion and science are both a test of 'faith' they are not so far apart as people like to believe.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by ax412

lol dagon nobody would get saved from reading a post on a gaming forum or from playing ut3. maybe if they read the post out loud. maybe then maybe. But in order to believe the Gospel you have to hear it. I could maybe demonstrate though.
How does that hold true?  If you think about a sin, it's a sin...so shouldn't this work the same way!?
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 9:40pm
Also, I'm not as sympathetic as DaGon and C.S.  I think that someone who believes in fairy tales and takes it to heart; with no actual evidence is gone off their rocker,...but that's just me.
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2011 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

How does that hold true?  If you think about a sin, it's a sin...so shouldn't this work the same way!?
christianity is a personal experience so if you want evidence you would have to experience it.

anyhow I'm not sure whats the question your asking.

When Jesus was talking, he wasn't talking about temptation.

Jesus was saying if you see a woman and in your mind you go about what you would do to her and how you can't wait to get next to her, that is sin. Because if you could do her you would.

But someone else could see a woman who looks nice and maybe a thought comes but they reject it. That would be resisting temptation. (James 1:12)

This is a blanket statement but the people who claim to know so much about Followers of the Way... only know about Catholicism :(

NEWS FLASH
catholicism isn't true "christianity", theres so much paganism and idolatry/borderline idolatry its not even funny.

If you were raised around catholics or came from a catholic background, thats not the genuine Gospel sorry to say.
Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 3:48am
I just wanted to add this and I hope people who take part in this discussion have the patience to check out this short 10 minute video. All I wanted to do is clarify the true identity of what a follower of Jesus Christ, Yeshua the Mashiach Nagid. And help you distinguish the difference. I don't have a problem with people challenging Christianity.  The only problem I do have is people who argue/debate about what is in the Bible, but want to take the Bible out of the context of what it is.

I'm not hoping you think this man is sane or right or wrong. But I think he does a good job separating what real Christianity is compared the other watered down/waned/twisted/manipulated version's or it.
THE_KING_ETERNAL View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 9:28am

Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

christianity is a personal experience so if you want evidence you would have to experience it.

anyhow I'm not sure whats the question your asking.

When Jesus was talking, he wasn't talking about temptation.

Jesus was saying if you see a woman and in your mind you go about what you would do to her and how you can't wait to get next to her, that is sin. Because if you could do her you would.

But someone else could see a woman who looks nice and maybe a thought comes but they reject it. That would be resisting temptation. (James 1:12)

This is a blanket statement but the people who claim to know so much about Followers of the Way... only know about Catholicism :(

NEWS FLASH
catholicism isn't true "christianity", theres so much paganism and idolatry/borderline idolatry its not even funny.

If you were raised around catholics or came from a catholic background, thats not the genuine Gospel sorry to say.

There's no point arguing with the science people, they will continue to go on on and on about this science thing like they did in the last 100 science religion threads. "What a fool believes no wise man can reason"
Iuckshot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Iuckshot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 10:32am
There's no point arguing with the religion people, they will continue to go on on and on about this religion thing like they did in the last 100 science religion threads. "What a fool believes no wise man can reason"

whee internet argument
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 10:42am
Jesus Christ had some information to share with all mankind. He preached of love not hate. Forgivness not intollerance. Equality not eliteism. His words were devine. What a trulely great man he must have been. Yet he loved everyone even his executioners. Father forgive them for they know not what they do, has to be the greatest words ever spoken concidering the circomstances. He had been brutaly tortured and nailed to a cross to die, and thats what he had to say? Thats love of man!
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by SIZZLE

Jesus Christ had some information to share with all mankind. He preached of love not hate. Forgivness not intollerance. Equality not eliteism. His words were devine. What a trulely great man he must have been. Yet he loved everyone even his executioners. Father forgive them for they know not what they do, has to be the greatest words ever spoken concidering the circomstances. He had been brutaly tortured and nailed to a cross to die, and thats what he had to say? Thats love of man!

Your wasting your time.
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote THE_KING_ETERNAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Iuckshot

There's no point arguing with the religion people, they will continue to go on on and on about this religion thing like they did in the last 100 science religion threads. "What a fool believes no wise man can reason"

whee internet argument

Try again
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>