Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

How did you get into your clan?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How did you get into your clan?
    Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 1:38pm
many of us started of in one and probably are in different ones at this point. whats your story for your first one or all that you've been in.

i was playing in vctf one day i jumped in on an SMP session Prodigy and Urlord against Judgedredd by himself. Prodigy and Urlord were up 2-0. i came in and help Dredd win 3-2. we moved on to suspense and was just doin my thing and dredd asked me if i was interested. i said yeah and then we moved on to some warfare. i believe it was 3 SMP's on one side, i was on the other with some names i can't remember at this point and they were impressed with my score and then it became official. and that date was actually JUNE 8th, 2008.
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
_EnVy_ View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote _EnVy_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 1:51pm
spag, lunchy and i always got booted off of GOW server if we started winning. so we decided to make a clan to war them. we started hunting down the best in warfare, and the rest was history. we wared or played vrs every clan in the game minus qM. we never came to terms for a match. 

sympathy one gets for nothing,
EnVy must be earned"
Midway_734 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Midway_734 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 2:04pm
Wish you guys had came to terms, that would have been a great match to spectate!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 2:07pm
I played in Shinobi's PC Speed DM rooms all the time before I had a mic. When I finally got one and talked to him he mentioned that he was forming a PC Speed clan and wanted to know if I was interested. It was my first clan invite so I jumped on it.
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 2:52pm
I had to pay off Pinnacle and Loke to get them to let me into T-H-E. I gave Pinnacle a slightly used pair of edible undies and Loke got a Right Said Fred CD. 
Lokedogg77 View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
The Legend is here...

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lokedogg77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 3:21pm
i love that cd "I'M TOO SEXY FOR MY SHIRT, I'M 2 SEXY FOR PINS PANTS!!, U KNOW WHAT I MEAN AND I DO MY LITTLE TURN ON THE CATWALK!!"
EVERY DOG HAS IS DAY! when the doggs of his leash the doggs gonna bite!
LunarEffect13 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote LunarEffect13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 3:32pm
team force - tag = forcesoflunalost - was recruited by forceofgod. i left the clan around the time that leon and baidog left cuz i was pretty much was addicted to warfare and wasn't playing instagib ctf anymore.
tWc - tag = tWc_Lunar13 - was recruited by lunchy and was the first clan i was proud to be apart of. when our leadership disappeared, me and ghost filled the position which led to....
BAK - tag = oMeGaDaWn_is_BAK - was the product of ghost and i trying to get thc and spage to join but a name change was in order. so we all came up with a name and had a vote. BAK (born again killers) was neosabins suggestion and won by vote. not really sure what happened but it was a short lived clan.
tWc - tWc was reformed when lunchy came back around. ownage was the main reason i rejoined tWc and pretty much was the only reason me and atx started talking again. once again the clan just fell apart with reasons unknown to me.
iAM- tag = iAM_Lost-Prey- current clan, brought in by ghost
Trust in me and fall as well
T-H-E_SKILLZ View Drop Down
Team Leader

Post Options Post Options   Quote T-H-E_SKILLZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 4:26pm

In the beginning was gonna join a clan made by Dan & Jorge but that neva took off. Then me and my bro started T-H-E but didn't have the numbers 4 it to mean anything(only 3 people)so it died very early. Then came the resurrection with RealUnreal & Pinnacle and we started fresh, we haven't looked bk since.

That's me done.
It's all gravy now I got my pimp shades on
TheProdigy View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote TheProdigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 4:32pm
SMP - i started it to have a team that reached the top rank as the blackcats..
T-H-E - talked with ACE, they wanted me in the clan, but things did not work out
ICN - Spag talks to me everyday and wanted me in this clan, knew what i wanted and what i was lookin for, then the rest was a vote from ICN and bam here i am now.. JP put in some work too.. =) .. and on top of that Danjel and i have been friends for a while, good to play along side him..also feels good to jus be a player, no roles here.. well only one.. jus kill =)
Damn, "Hes a Beast!" No..
Hes a Real Life "Prodigy"
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 7:24pm
Ironically, my invite came out of the blue.. after getting owned in a few duels.  I never saw it coming, but I guess getting a kill or two and sticking to the duel ethics was enough to get me noticed.. either that or someone knew I was half-decent already and was just waiting for me to come back..  I dunno..  I'll never fully understand how I got recruited into RTO.  Just that it just was.. and it will always seem so random and unexpected.  I basically got asked and I accepted.

Then again, that's my first and only UT3 clan, I got into my true first clan after a person named Firefox recruited me. (I was pretty good on TS: FP.)  However, the leader of Wounded Soilders wasn't too active at the time and Firefox got impatient, so before being added to WS's roster, I splintered with Firefox and joined the short-lived (We only had one match.. against the clan I almost joined.) Future Soldiers of Time.  I only had one CTB clan match (CTF with Bags instead of Flags) match with them before Firefox split it up.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 7:58pm

Lokedogg put a gun to my head and said you had better join T-H-E, or else he would unleash Celine Dion on me.

Cokken, those undies were awesome, thanks for dessert.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 8:18pm
Well here's my Clan Background  :P
Fatal Elite - (No Clan Tag)  - When I first started playing UT3, all I played was CTF.  I was getting good quick and a guy named MataDour asked me to join Fatal Elite.  I said yes quick.  My First clan match ever was VS  ICE in CTF.  In the end we got our asses beat 3-0. After the Leader didn't log on for a while I left and set out to start a clan with someone else...  ( March 2008)

Instinct, Clan Tag - Instinct-Penguin - I was playing a very tight OT CTF match.  My team won with just me and someone else on the team Xerxes91.  Later that week he asked me if I wanted to play with him and a group against the Blackcats. I took up the offer.  We later discussed if one another was in a clan and we both responded no, So we came up with the idea to start one.  I found out the others in the group were  tomfr3sh and Old-Mind.  We all decided on Instinct as a clan name. Then we recruited ColossusSlayer. So we had 5 members.   Blackcats cancelled on our match but we played other matches w/ other clans.   tomfr3sh left the game a little after, and Old-Mind became Inactive...  ( April - May 2008)

Team Force- Clan tag ForceOfPenguin -While in Instinct I got invited to join Force by ForceOfGod.  Xerxes said it was ok If I joined only if I put Instinct as a higher priority then Force.  I was only in it for about 3-4 weeks, until Xerxes told me we were going to merge with the newly founded tRi. But the only way I could get in was if I left Force, So I did. (April -May 2008) 

tRi - Clan tag - tRi_Penguin - and now...almost a year later I'm still in tRi.    :] (May 2008 - Now  XD)

Well there's my UT3 Biography   XD!!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 8:54pm
GOW- GOW_JPINATOR- Back in the day when everyone thought I was a young asian boy, I was constantly playing on the GOW server. Was spotted by Duragesic and Nootsac who then invited me to be in the clan. One of the best clans I have ever been until they decided to change their interests to PC

BAK- Yatchface_is_BAK- Lunar I believe invited me, saw how good I was in GOW

tWc- tWc_Jennytalia- Lunchy invited me into this one, the rest is history (mega props to cokkenballs for this name, lol!)

ICN- ICN_JPINATOR- Spag pleaded me to join this one, was very hesitant, but looking at our talent we are looking to put up a fight for the best warfare clan. Hopefully my track record with clans will end with this one, lol!
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 9:08pm
check our forum for some of qM's history

iAM_NotImpressed View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
iAM Warfare Co-Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote iAM_NotImpressed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 9:12pm
i play with people that are better than me and let them do all the heavy lifting.  then, somehow they think i'm contributing and i get invited to be in a clan.
The worst of the best.
PS3 = YLOD
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 9:14pm
GOW- i was always playing on GOW's server when i first start because they had the most lag free server around. then one day i was playing against nootsac and duragesic in downtown and they were attacking my core somehow i got the orb back to my node secure it then grab the orb took it to center and secure it then i took the orb to their node and secure their node and then went to attack their core i didn't get that much off their core before they took their node back and the other nodes back and beat me. but needless to say they liked that and also i had impressed duragesic alot with my tactics so he ask if i wanted to join and boom bang bing GOW_Zellot

IAM- i joined IAM because smp reminded me of  GOW a little how they worked good together and were an all around good group of guys. so i saw that warhore was in the clan so i asked if they had an opening because i was leaving GOW because they were turning into a pc clan instead of a PC/PS3 clan. so Warhore  talked to some of the people of IAM and then i got a chat invite from twofase, we talked a little then boom IAM_Vercingetrix
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by iAM_NotImpressed

i play with people that are better than me and let them do all the heavy lifting.  then, somehow they think i'm contributing and i get invited to be in a clan.

this is why i keep you around (LAUGHING)
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
Team KmA
Team KmA
The Legend is here...

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lokedogg77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 9:43pm
"THE WAY I'M DISCO DANCING"
WaRHore View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote WaRHore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Zellot

GOW- i was always playing on GOW's server when i first start because they had the most lag free server around. then one day i was playing against nootsac and duragesic in downtown and they were attacking my core somehow i got the orb back to my node secure it then grab the orb took it to center and secure it then i took the orb to their node and secure their node and then went to attack their core i didn't get that much off their core before they took their node back and the other nodes back and beat me. but needless to say they liked that and also i had impressed duragesic alot with my tactics so he ask if i wanted to join and boom bang bing GOW_Zellot

IAM- i joined IAM because smp reminded me of  GOW a little how they worked good together and were an all around good group of guys. so i saw that warhore was in the clan so i asked if they had an opening because i was leaving GOW because they were turning into a pc clan instead of a PC/PS3 clan. so Warhore  talked to some of the people of IAM and then i got a chat invite from twofase, we talked a little then boom IAM_Vercingetrix
Thats so funny because I never knew you were Vercingetrix. I always had great battles with you under that tag. I should have recognized the talent.
Team KmA
Team KmA
The Legend is here...

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lokedogg77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 9:47pm
"I'M A MODEL YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN"
Black_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 9:52pm
After not playing UT3 for months after being frustrated with how bad it was, I came back when the March 08 patch came out last year. About 3-4 days in I was playing in a CTF and a person named Ace111 was asking who "Black_star" was because I was doing good. I explained myself and we added each other to our friends list. I ended up meeting Xerxes, Colossus, Penguin and such as I played more. During this time, Ace asked me to join tRi but i declined b/c I wasn't really that big on the clan thing and I didn't have time for it.

Time passed and Diablo and tRi started to have these weekly clan matches, and the Diablo members asked me to play with them b/c they didn't have enough members or something. I played with them for a week or so, but never joined the clan.  Soon after that, Ace asked me again to join tRi. I accepted and have been with them for almost a year. 
Team KmA
Team KmA
The Legend is here...

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lokedogg77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2009 at 10:29pm
"AND I SHAKE MY LITTLE TOUCHE ON THE CATWALK!!"
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 2:07am
BlackCats - All i basically ever played was VCTF so Lukec7 thought i'd be a good fit.
SMP - Wanted to be somewhere i could jus fit in.
BAK - Ghost's persistance payed off but didnt work out.
A-R - Tired of dudes endin up to be FaKe, so i started my own.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 5:37am
I came on the game whilst in the clan [DvS] from back on rfom, we couldn't field enough players as most rather play CoD so I made a clan of my own called [Ei].

It basically consisted of some of the best duellers on the consolegaming.eu ladders, with a basic team of FEarIeZz (FIawLeSs-), Kukles-PL, Adi-INSANE and me.

Most players from that clan went inactive after a while (new games) and when on the epicgames forums I was looking for the best EU players for some tough competition.
There I added Xerxes91 and also played with ColossusSlayer and tRi_ace111 (and sometimes tRi_ewokk I think).

I'd seen Xerxes before owning my little brother who was then playing some vCTF match vs him and danjel, though I wasn't that impressed as vCTF didn't (and still doesn't) mean anything to me, and I'd assumed they just won that hard because my brother sucked :P

When Unreal got released on xbox I decided to move there, so did Ace, Penguin and Colossus so I decided to join their team.
When playing the ps3 version again because the xbox version's noobed up with no custom content and worse competition, I asked xerxes to join tRi, even though they already had a large roster of over 12 men I think, which is a lot in a game where you play 4v4-6v6 most of the time.

Ace said they weren't looking for recruits then, and that they were rather full, but guess I got lucky as I played with them on xbox and played with xerxes and others as well before moving there.
Team KmA
Team KmA
The Legend is here...

Post Options Post Options   Quote Lokedogg77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2009 at 10:56am
"2 SEXY 4 MILAN NEW YORK & JAPAN" HA-HA! I'LL START WITH DEEPLY DIPPY SOON GUYS!! LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>