| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

video games and motion sickness

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Do you get motion sickness from playing video games?
Vote Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
3 [33.33%]
6 [66.67%]
0 [0.00%]

Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote hieuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: video games and motion sickness
    Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 4:59pm
Hey, I came across a study where playing certain video games( mostly shooting games) causes motion sickness and I need some feedback for an arugment. Honestly I don't think video games lead to motion sickness however it still a possiblity. I play ut3 a long time and I don't feel it so what you guys think.
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 5:14pm
when i first started playing ut3 i got headaches due to game speed.
and when i played nexuiz for a little i got headaches.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 5:31pm

its not something that affects everybody.. some people get motion sickness really easy, some dont. some things cause it in some, and dont cause it in others.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 5:55pm
My contacts dry out sometimes, sometimes games are too intense that I don't blink as much, it's weird.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 6:55pm
severe lag can be disorientating sometimes
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 3:01pm
Motion sickness usually occurs in driving games but yes Ive experienced it in UT. I play then stop for a month or couple of months and in vctf ive had ms in suspense 2-3 times and containment. Proly cos its the 1st map ive played after a lay off and it doesnt last long but its very disorientating. 
Ive never had headaches but i get dry eyes all the time cos im starring at the screen without blinking plus i use computers all day! A while back i read about a guy in china who died from dehydration, he'd been playing for 3 days straight!!! And wasnt there a couple in US who neglected to care for their kids because they were too busy online? Kids nearly died! THats not disoriented, thats fkn disturbing!!!
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2011 at 5:24am
My bro says he can't really play videogames without feeling sick, I thought he was just being stupid at first lol. Maybe it does affect some people quite badly.
daaBOMB View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote daaBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 7:22pm

everytime i played . . . i think it was either modern warfare or call of duty . . . can't remember . . . but the one when u play the campaign and u start out on a ship/boat . . . and OMG that gave me propa motion sickness i thought i was getting some weird sea sickness shiz!! the ship was swaying and u had to keep aim when shooting and stuff that propa messed me up . . . i couldn't finish that level.

Other games don't effect me like that.

I wear contacts and i gotta take breaks cause my contacts dry out and staring at the tv hurts my eyes after a while . . . but thats not motion sickness
hieuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote hieuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 11:30am
thanks, for the replys, Now I gotta shut up an 35 year old guy for bad talking about video games.
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by daaBOMB

everytime i played . . . i think it was either modern warfare or call of duty . . . can't remember . . . but the one when u play the campaign and u start out on a ship/boat . . . and OMG that gave me propa motion sickness i thought i was getting some weird sea sickness shiz!! the ship was swaying and u had to keep aim when shooting and stuff that propa messed me up . . . i couldn't finish that level.

Other games don't effect me like that.

I wear contacts and i gotta take breaks cause my contacts dry out and staring at the tv hurts my eyes after a while . . . but thats not motion sickness
isnt that game medal of honor? the only games that make me dizzy or sickness is playing on the nintendo dsi head hurts etc
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 2:13pm
I was playing MAG last night, sitting in a turret about to mow down the enemy when some severe lag happened. It lasted for about ten seconds and I started to get nauseous. So yes, games could cause motion sickness.
 Post Reply Post Reply