FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Unreal Tournament 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unreal Tournament 4
    Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 6:55pm
If UT4 comes with PS4...

would you like to see back the Swords?
like Unreal Championship: The Liandri Conflict 2?

i think it cold be interesting to use them again. freaking amazing, and why not, the Spaceships levels too, with all those vehicles flying, like a war. XD

btw. dont know if there are already a thread of this. anyway. hope to see the swords back.
Shocked

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 7:06pm
The swords ruined the unreal championship series.... Unreal championship took so much skill but uc2 ruined it all with the melee. Since you could melee it switched you to third person perspective so they had a feature in the settings to make it to where you can play in 3rd person perspective the entire time who is how most people played it. Basically uc2 was a 3rd person shooter. Lame
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2011 at 9:07pm
Maybe, they'll wait for the next console to revive the line.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 10:45am

id like to see no swords, and no vehicles :\

Carn4ge 0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Carn4ge 0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 11:23am
I always liked the movement in UC2 - freedom of movement above and beyond any other game I've played - lent itself to some pretty intense one v ones.  I will say that I was never a big fan of the rejection, I would support the swords coming back if they didn't reject but were still able to be used as a temporary shield.  
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

id like to see no swords, and no vehicles :\

Yes yes, no melee, and no vehicles.  Warfare without vehicles is the best. 
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 12:21pm
i acctually had uc2 back on the original xbox.. none of my friends ended up getting it so i didnt play much.. but i only played it 3rd person, and melee was fun.. it didnt feel like a ut game but it was fun
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 9:40am
bring back the gun that shot spinning saw blades. best weapon ever!!!
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 9:48am
the ripper if im correct? lol
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 9:52am
yeah, that's it
T2D-QuickRC View Drop Down
Team T2D
Team T2D

Post Options Post Options   Quote T2D-QuickRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 9:53am
Matt ur pu$$y shut up.
   AM UR REDBULL.. AND LETS FLY AWAY!!
danjel3+5 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote danjel3+5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 10:09am
I'd like to see vCTF without any vehicles except the hoverboard... I love the hoverboard.

I also only like vehicle modes because the maps are way bigger and I don't like being closed off in alleys like on ctf and tdm.
Click Me :)

iAMgaming... where unimportant people come to feel important.
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 10:22am
With no Vehicles, fk nooo!
UT3 is freaking amazing with it, is just that ppl used with darkness intention. LOL
anyway, it could be interesting to change the modals of game too, what to use or not.
and UC2, is pretty fun, the jumps and malee make of UC2 amazing, swords reject the rockes. but well 

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 10:26am

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Carn4ge 0

I always liked the movement in UC2 - freedom of movement above and beyond any other game I've played - lent itself to some pretty intense one v ones.  I will say that I was never a big fan of the rejection, I would support the swords coming back if they didn't reject but were still able to be used as a temporary shield.  
Yeah, i like ur idea, sounds acceptable.
a temporary sword, never thought about, but ya, sounds great.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 10:47am

They should keep vehicles: hoverboard, Manta, Viper, Tank, Darkwalker. Maybe the Scavenger and Hellbender.

B-B-BucKetHe4D !
ThAtSmAtT View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA
Buffalo Bill

Post Options Post Options   Quote ThAtSmAtT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2011 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by T2D-QuickRC

Matt ur pu$$y shut up.

LOL awww... i think quick has a crush on me
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 9:47am
A pc player, ws.iono, on the Epic Forums had an interesting idea:

".... Each tier of "Killing Spree" could add more fiery aura, glowing vaporous eyes, until when they have achieved "Godlike", they are an incandescent being, and likely the primary target for everyone playing (if playing with more players than, say, a duel)...."

Sort of an aesthetically pleasing "reward" for those players who  are able to get Kill Streaks....by changing the look of your character, it would be a more visible means of letting everyone else know who is kicking butt, rather than just the small message that comes up on the screen telling you so and so is on a rampage, godlike etc. 

Then, of course, their character would revert back to the regular look of that character as soon as they get killed.
Do you realize that in about forty years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tatoos and pierced navels? O.o
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 9:57am
Sweet ^
But don't give any actual bonus like higher damage, only the change of looks.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 9:59am
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

Sweet ^
But don't give any actual bonus like higher damage, only the change of looks.
Exactly!Smile
Do you realize that in about forty years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tatoos and pierced navels? O.o
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 3:38pm
Sounds more like the big head mod - which I like. I doubt if UT4 will ever appear its too niche and Epic want EPIC titles that ship from PCs across to consoles. Sadly Arena FPS games are yester year or more accurately 10 years ago!
I got the impression that UT3 became one expensive headache for them. Servers and Midway, Titan pack not supported by Microsoft due to size limitation and the isolation felt by the hardcore UT fans because Epic veered away from the formula (in more ways than one). Best hope for UT4 is the Nexuiz team scoring a huge frag and giving Epic an incentive or an excuse to allow them to develop/partnership UT4. Otherwise look for more GoW/Bulletstorm titles from them.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2011 at 7:40am
Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Sounds more like the big head mod - which I like. I doubt if UT4 will ever appear its too niche and Epic want EPIC titles that ship from PCs across to consoles. Sadly Arena FPS games are yester year or more accurately 10 years ago!
I got the impression that UT3 became one expensive headache for them. Servers and Midway, Titan pack not supported by Microsoft due to size limitation and the isolation felt by the hardcore UT fans because Epic veered away from the formula (in more ways than one). Best hope for UT4 is the Nexuiz team scoring a huge frag and giving Epic an incentive or an excuse to allow them to develop/partnership UT4. Otherwise look for more GoW/Bulletstorm titles from them.

Ha ha yeah except bighead mod = Clown, I want something that looks COOOOOOL Evil Smile....

I hope you are wrong about Epic ditching the UT franchise.  VACKillers, over on the Epic forum posted a link to an article yesterday about a potentially exciting development :  EPIC is showcasing, behind "closed doors" an updated version of the UE3 at some game developers conference.  The link to the article is below:

Link to the Epic Forum article:

Post Reply Post Reply