Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > I'm So Smart
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Need help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need help
    Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 6:18am
i got a virus since on my pc since yesterday called ' INTERNET ANTIVIRUS 2011 '
it slows down my programs bit by bit and if i close a program i can't reopen it .
if someone knows how to fix such things pls help me Cry

Uploaded with
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 6:55am
What version of Windows are you running?

Try "System Restore" in the system tools menu.  If you cannot access this feature, try a free online solution at http://housecall.trendmicro.com

Buy some anti-virus software and keep it up to date-

The ONLY way you can get this Trojan is by clicking to acknowledge something.  A number of the virus developers have been switching the cancel and ok buttons in the pop-ups as well.

In the future; if you receive a pop-up window or alert you were not expecting, always click the "X" or close button.  Never click "Ok" or "cancel".  If you can't tell whether its an alert or pop-up (maybe a fake image on the page), do not click anything.  Open task manager and close your browser.

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
N0SF3RATU View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2010 at 8:32am

it's vista 2008

and yeah a pop-up showed up and i pressed the x button and it's then that it all started
anyways , thx for the advice and i'll try it as soon as i can

Uploaded with
 Post Reply Post Reply