| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Music, Movies and TV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

2 new features on PS3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 new features on PS3
    Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 2:40pm
NHL Game Center

The NHL is streaming its way onto the PS3! Beginning today(11/10), all PS3 users in the United States and Canada can download the new NHL GameCenter application, an exclusive offer for PS3 users making it the first and only gaming console to stream live hockey games in HD.

NHL GameCenter LIVE subscribers who enjoy free access to PlayStation Network and its variety of online content, can now stream live out-of-market regular season and select playoff game broadcasts in HD by downloading the NHL GameCenter application on the PS3 system. In addition to offering live hockey games, NHL GameCenter LIVE also allows subscribers to watch full-length and condensed replays of the current season games they missed (48 hours after they air, no blackouts) and relive NHL history with unlimited access to over 500 classic games from NHL Vault. Check out the demo to see how it works:

PS3 users that do not have a subscription to NHL GameCenter LIVE will still have access to a wide range of NHL content through the NHL GameCenter application. Fans will have access to features such as post-game highlights, team schedules, standings, player stats and profiles, and the full NHL scoreboard.

You can download the NHL application for $9.99 and access it under the “Video” icon on the XMB menu. However, if you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you can download the NHL GameCenter application for free, continuing PlayStation’s goal to deliver exclusive opportunities only made available to PlayStation Plus members.

Hulu

Hulu Plus is now available to all PlayStation 3 users in the United States via the PlayStation Network. Now, in addition to free access to a variety of content already available on the PlayStation Network, we’re giving you even more options to the entertainment content you want!

A subscription to Hulu Plus will cost $9.99 per month, giving you access to full seasons of current hit TV shows from more than 100 leading content providers, including ABC, NBC and FOX, and movies from many of the most well-known studios in the U.S.

How does this change from what was already available? Well, you no longer need to have a PlayStation Plus subscription to gain access and you don’t have to wait for an invitation from Hulu either. Beginning today, Hulu Plus is open to all PlayStation Network members in the U.S.

To get your subscription to Hulu Plus after downloading the free app through the PlayStation Store, visit www.ps3.com/hulu, which will direct you to the sign-up page. When creating your account, you will need to link your PS3 to your Hulu Plus subscription by simply using the referral code that will appear on the screen from your PS3. If you are already a Hulu Plus subscriber, you can enter your user name and password directly into the app or just enter the referral code at www.hulu.com/activate to link the device. You’ll then see the Hulu Plus app appear under the video icon on the XMB.

Complete-_- View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Complete-_- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2010 at 1:54pm
I wish europe came with these type of features. meh ;-/ WE DEMAND MORE OUT OF OUR PS3´S TOO... eventhough i can go into US ps store, most of its features do not apply for my country.. aka hulu ;(
NbK_-CYAN1DE-
N0SF3RATU View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2010 at 10:34am
Complete-_- we actually do have that too . It's called MUBI here in EU

Uploaded with
Complete-_- View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Complete-_- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 12:13am
Yes i'm aware of that i've got it installed too, its just that most if not all are foreign arthouse movies of which attracts a different group of people hence paying 13 euro for mubi account.I bet paying for a hulu acc would give you a much better variaty of choice.I just wish we had all the nice streaming things like sports, movies, game channels etc for eu ps3's.I have most of this already with my tv dreambox (like tivo) but its on-demand and not always free. (exept for movie channel which has free ondemand movies with all the latest movies till 2010.) regardless of this i just think us europeans are being ripped off.
NbK_-CYAN1DE-
N0SF3RATU View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 7:19am
well , that's why i deleted it as soon as i downloaded it Big smile

Uploaded with
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2010 at 10:15am
Wish Hulu was free....
 Post Reply Post Reply