FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Impressions?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Impressions?
    Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 4:56am
So over here on the west coast Black Ops has only been out for an hour right now, but i know a lot of you guys have been playing it for a while, so id like to hear what yyour first impressions of this game are? how does it compare to MW2 or any other shooter atm?
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 12:06pm
Compared to MW2, the graphics are far superior.  The overall game set-up/install was super fast.  The 23mb instant update was a little weird.  The maps I played were huge and so detailed I found myself standing still and looking around at all the tiny details, which of course got me killed.

I felt like the gameplay, movement and weapons were more realistic than MW2.  Hip fire seems more accurate for good or bad.  A lot of guys I saw last night would start firing and then dial in on the target, which is stupid.  Drop shots aren't going to be as easy for the little kids who always thrashed me that way; when you hit the deck, your dude actually bounces and takes a second to line up down his sights.  Just like in real combat.  Pretty cool.

Getting out a grenade and throwing it seemed to be way off compared to MW2.  I don't know if it's more realistic timing now or what, but by the time I could toss it and it blew, the dude was long gone.  This is more for clearing rooms or getting a sneaky Pete behind cover than out in the open now.

Earning cash to buy equipment is pretty cool, but will take some figuring out and discussion.  I think the changes to the maps, movement and weapons makes teamwork more important in the team modes.  Muting people is a pain in the ass because it's now a multi-step process.  Thankfully everyone was so focused on the game they were running their mouths... yet.

I played for a couple hours.  Overall, I'm pretty pleased with it.   BTW - I got a care package with the RC car in it and immediately blew my stupid ass up with it.  LOL - big fun.
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 12:22pm
"Goodbye MW2" sums up my feelings quite well I think. ;)

Levels of customisation and COD points feel like a big improvement. Some of the graphics feel a bit of a let down in places, looks washed out / blurry. That said I went straight to MP, not even started campaign yet.
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 1:53pm
my sister bought for me but she isnt giong to give it to me until xmas :(
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 2:06pm
Its shait what graphics concern... But got  potensial for sure, if I fing a Scar that is;-)
LimitlessMonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LimitlessMonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 2:10pm

Originally posted by Aquaknot

Muting people is a pain in the ass because it's now a multi-step process.  Thankfully everyone was so focused on the game they were running their mouths... yet.

Glad not only one that found that out, so annoying, i just mute in game now, hit select button then go down player by playing & hit Square to mute people don’t do it in the match server room to much hassle.

I love the game, think its feel more like a combat/army game when you playing it, some of the detail as well is stunning, I myself was blown away by the little tiny map Nuke Town is it? & the detail on it, Everyone in game was rushing around and you think well I know COD/MW2 set up so cam get grips with this game easy, nope. The speed of combat combined with the new dive system and all the upgrades on weapons & perks takes a good few matches getting use to it all for me anyway. Then played bit of TDM after that on Jungle & again you get that feel that the people spent time on map, bamboo sticks as ladders for example is just a real nice touch.

Think the idea of buying killstreak, tag, perks, etc. Is a very cool idea. So many different things to do & buy its very unlimited in that sense you factor in the maps & you can change how you players looks like, its just alot of fun.

Wager matches though steal the show imo. 4 different game modes but you put forward X amount of your own COD Points into a pot with 5 or 6 other gamers & top 3 cut the money between themselves the bottom 2 or 3 gets left out in cold & get no money, the Gun Game is my favs out of the 4 modes, 20 guns to go through, each kill you upgrade to the next weapon & so on & if you get knifed you downgrade a weapon, first one to go through all 20 guns is the winner. Its get pretty intense when you have to keep checking the scores to try & keep up with the pace early starters of match. First time did it put forward 1000 of my COD Points and lost out on 3rd spot by 1 kill, so lost 1000 COD points & had to earn it all back then tried again and did the gun game and it started really badly & i mean really badly but came from out of nowhere to nick 3rd spot & earned COD 1200 Points & went to the shop & brought the Ghost perk with it.

On the whole still trying out the game but on whole my first thought is that imo its fantastic.  

Will update my sig when something worth while deserves to be here.
ckc_pamkitten View Drop Down
Team CKC
Team CKC

Post Options Post Options   Quote ckc_pamkitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by env_1ner

my sister bought for me but she isnt giong to give it to me until xmas :(
Its a sister's job to torture their brothers lol.  Wink
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 5:02pm
lol
Sephiroth_V7 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
qM's Cheerleader

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sephiroth_V7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 8:04pm
very good... better then mw2 imo. got mw2 for sale if someone wants to buy it haha

aka - priebe69, DEEP_BrokeBack, GOW_AftaBirth
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2010 at 11:23pm

Compared to MW2, the graphics are far superior.  The overall game set-up/install was super fast.  The 23mb instant update was a little weird.  The maps I played were huge and so detailed I found myself standing still and looking around at all the tiny details, which of course got me killed.

I felt like the gameplay, movement and weapons were more realistic than MW2.  Hip fire seems more accurate for good or bad.  A lot of guys I saw last night would start firing and then dial in on the target, which is stupid.  Drop shots aren't going to be as easy for the little kids who always thrashed me that way; when you hit the deck, your dude actually bounces and takes a second to line up down his sights.  Just like in real combat.  Pretty cool.

Getting out a grenade and throwing it seemed to be way off compared to MW2.  I don't know if it's more realistic timing now or what, but by the time I could toss it and it blew, the dude was long gone.  This is more for clearing rooms or getting a sneaky Pete behind cover than out in the open now.

Earning cash to buy equipment is pretty cool, but will take some figuring out and discussion.  I think the changes to the maps, movement and weapons makes teamwork more important in the team modes.  Muting people is a pain in the ass because it's now a multi-step process.  Thankfully everyone was so focused on the game they were running their mouths... yet.

I played for a couple hours.  Overall, I'm pretty pleased with it.   BTW - I got a care package with the RC car in it and immediately blew my stupid ass up with it.  LOL - big fun.
so what would you give this game and mw2? (1/10)
when i played mw2 i wasn't that into it. but hearing seph like it(seph didnt like mw2) i might pick it up. and is it good for clan matches?(like mw2)

if they have jumpbots me and medic is getting this game 4show! XD
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 12:12am

Well worth the wait...Rollin 9 dEEp on the first day & tearin $h!t up..

AK-47-D-MAFIA View Drop Down
Team AK-47
Team AK-47

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47-D-MAFIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 12:37am
googled about Black Ops to see if it was worth the money and alot of people didnt like it that much they complain about graphics and maps. Seems like many ppl are trading it in lol
Sorry Call of Duty i wont buy you this time lol
“The fool says in his heart, ”There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1)
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 12:57am
MAG is the war type game to play anyway Mafia :)
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
AK-47-D-MAFIA View Drop Down
Team AK-47
Team AK-47

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47-D-MAFIA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 1:12am
Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

graphics SUCK im buying MEDAL OF HONOR, and also save for RESISTANCE 3 & KILLZONE 3. BEAT THAT SUCKAAAA
“The fool says in his heart, ”There is no God.” (Psalm 14:1)
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 1:31am
Originally posted by AK-47-D-MAFIA

Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

graphics SUCK im buying MEDAL OF HONOR, and also save for RESISTANCE 3 & KILLZONE 3. BEAT THAT SUCKAAAA

lol game play is what matters not graphics MAG is badass my man
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
iTz-He4DSh0T View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 5:49am
Never been so Disappointed of a Call of Duty Game b4......

All i want is the Classic COD4 gameplay style back, Run & Gun!! Was so much Fun :) MW2 could of been alot better if it didn't have stupid perks in it (Commando, 1 man army, danger close etc...) & Death Streaks -_-

I Was really hoping Black Ops would be alot more like COD4 but sadly nothing like it. Looks like they tryed to Slap MW2 & World at War togethere & Failed...... (MW2 Weapons & WaW Style Gameplay/Maps).. Looks like they made the movement more... Realistic i suppose? meh i'm gona miss doin 180 dropshots :( lol

Snipers are useless, Assault Rifle's have been Nearfed? & SMG's Will rule this game like in WaW -_-

& 1 more thing...... Aim Assist... its been toned up, Why!? I Walk past a guy who's hiding in a Bush & my Crosshair Automacticly locks on :/

Well i'm defo not gona get past my 3.43 K/D on Black Ops :L atleast it's above 2.00 ^^
Aquaknot View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Wheres my sock?!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Aquaknot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 6:35am
I think it's gonna have it's lovers and haters.  Pretty surprised to hear people think the graphics suck.  I'm looking at it on a 27" and 92" (both 1080p) and honestly can't believe my eyes.  Must be a style issue more than quality.

If you're totally into spinning drop shots, noob tubing, hacking, camping and raping, this game isn't for you.  It's far too realistic and strategic.

Pretty sure they'll tweak a few things as they go.  Like headshot said, crosshairs shouldn't lock on  guy you can't see and the range of the assault rifles is far too short to be closet to realistic.

They have taken everything I hated about MW2 out of this game 
A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 6:54am
i actually heard it being compared to MAG today, i really wasn't expecting that! O.o
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 7:11am
Originally posted by Sephiroth_v7

very good... better then mw2 imo. got mw2 for sale if someone wants to buy it haha
I'll take it for $100.  By that I mean you give me $100 to take it off your hands...
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 8:08am
I played it for a solid 12 hours yesterday and my eyes hurt today :)

I have thought about it and came to the conclusion that I like it coz it feels like World at War and I love that game. Its a very very different from the MW games but I will enjoy black ops for the next year and then I'll be ready for MW3 :)
iTz-He4DSh0T View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 8:24am

I think it's gonna have it's lovers and haters.  Pretty surprised to hear people think the graphics suck.  I'm looking at it on a 27" and 92" (both 1080p) and honestly can't believe my eyes.  Must be a style issue more than quality.

If you're totally into spinning drop shots, noob tubing, hacking, camping and raping, this game isn't for you.  It's far too realistic and strategic.

Pretty sure they'll tweak a few things as they go.  Like headshot said, crosshairs shouldn't lock on  guy you can't see and the range of the assault rifles is far too short to be closet to realistic.

They have taken everything I hated about MW2 out of this game 

I Agree with nearly everything you said & i'll still play this game even i'm not a big fan of it but.....

I Think Dumbing the movement is a bad idea, Doesn't even feel like i'm playing a COD game not been able to do Bunny hops, Jumping to side to side,dropshots etc.... Call of Duty wasn't ment to be a realistic game thats why theres perks Smile & there's plently of realistic games like Battlefield, Medal of honor & Mag i think? if you watch some old Call of Duty Clips you'll see Every1 is Bunny Hoping, Drop Shoting blah blah

Tbh i don't see alot people sticking to this game & will end up going back to MW2 (even tho it has its flaws) or just playing a other game. I No me & most of the other Fu,kers are dissapointed about Black Ops but hey there's still Zombies in it! ;D lol

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 3:35pm
Well I like the game, I don't see people's reasoning as to why it's bad. 
I like Black Ops and MW2 and will go back and forth depending on my mood   :P
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 3:42pm
Gonna try and buy it here in a few mins, Have a strong feeling the game is gonna feel like a waste of $70 tho.
Hope im wrong. Shocked
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 5:58pm

Its growing on me, But the crisp lookin down the barrel is gone on my tv!! And when i kill a guy in Dominnation he kills me from behind in ca10 sec... really strange respawns.. impossible to be tactical.  Its a run around kill game..

LimitlessMonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LimitlessMonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2010 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by F.u.k-shaker

Its growing on me, But the crisp lookin down the barrel is gone on my tv!! And when i kill a guy in Dominnation he kills me from behind in ca10 sec... really strange respawns.. impossible to be tactical.  Its a run around kill game..

Yeah i have found this out 2, but it very easy to get around this problem, as when killed someone on MW2 the idiot would try came after me after he/she had reswapned so i stay same sorta area but get new hide out spot, so kinda use to it.

You can always buy the cam when your snipping and set up behind & around you to help you out Shaker, thought it takes away view of map, you can switch cam off & on at will for as long as its running, nifty thing to have when you snipping for a sniper spot & only 1 way to get it.   
Will update my sig when something worth while deserves to be here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>