Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reviews, Previews and other Goodies
    Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 2:16pm
ill miss you Bain!Cry
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2011 at 12:16pm
TOMORROW!!!!!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2011 at 11:31am
That's right b1tches! 3 more days!!!!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2011 at 1:27pm
T minus 4 and counting....
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2011 at 4:12pm
5 DAYS!!!! Get your pre-orders in.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2011 at 12:57pm
Only six days more!!!!!
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2011 at 4:28pm
ONE WEEK AND COUNTING.....
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 2:32pm
lame..wanted to game
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 2:24pm
at work
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2011 at 2:20pm
you online bain?
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 4:36pm
for the target, no. but he can be revived if he's laying there bleeding out. the hunters get to respawn as well as the defenders. but only at the respawn points in their home bases or at a tactical respawn point.
YINYANG View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Ho's And Disco's

Post Options Post Options   Quote YINYANG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 3:28pm

I hope there is no respawn in assassination

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2011 at 3:02pm
For those of you on the fence about picking this game up on February 22nd, let me tell you what you're going to be missing. It's called WARZONE. It is a multiplayer game that combines 5 different game modes (7 rounds) into one game. It usually lasts between 25 and 35 minutes but the host can alter the time lengths and required scores. Here is what's involved:

ASSASSINATION: one player on your team is chosen as the target. that player must stay alive within a designated zone for a designated time. Of course the other team is trying like hell to kill the target. You play two rounds of this, one for each team.

CAPTURE AND HOLD: there are three areas on the map. whichever team controls them the longest, fills up there progress bar the fastest, wins. One round of this is played.

SEARCH AND RETRIEVE: think reverse capture the flag. your team must pick up a propaganda speaker that will spawn randomly on the map and take it to a drop off point within the enemy base (usually three times to win). And you must stop the other team from doing so. But there is only one speaker in play at any time so if you're running with it be careful, twelve other players are gunning for you. One round of this is played.

SEARCH AND DESTROY: your team must go into the enemy's base and plant two explosive charges and protect them for 30 seconds until they blow. A second round of this is played where your team must stop charges being planted in your base.

BODYCOUNT: TDM. need i say more. only one round is played of course.

The thing is that you don't know which mode will be the first played and you don't know what's coming next (except for the last mode, obviously). It gives the game variety and makes it more challenging. Different modes. Different loadouts. Different skills. Try it out in the free open beta now. You might just like it.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2011 at 11:28am
If KZ3 is anything like KZ2 there will be a very large and active multiplayer community. So if you are looking for a new shooter to replace UT3, Black Ops or MAG then this may be it. I don't know about the campaign mode. I only played the last one for 15 minutes. For me it's all about the online. One thing that I hope they bring from KZ2 is the option to choose regional servers. That way you don't have to deal with laggy Euro or Asian players.
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 10:18pm
hell yeah man but i'm torn on that do i want KZ3 or MvsC3 Hmmmm.....
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 8:05pm
tried kz 2 wasnt convinced, i doubt im getting 3rd one but marvel vs capcom 3 for shizzle
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by BAIN

KZ2 had the option to customize rooms. no noobtubes, pistols only, no speed boost, etc. not sure about having controller only rooms.

i hope it does that way we keep mikey out
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
GhostofalucarD View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote GhostofalucarD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2011 at 4:46pm
Yeah usually I'd say $250 is too rich for my blood but I just pre-ordered MK9(I believe) Tournament Ed. for $150 which hopefully will be worth it. The lag on the move would definetely be the make or break part of investing in the move, also I think my 32" might be too small to be using it.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 2:47pm

KZ2 had the option to customize rooms. no noobtubes, pistols only, no speed boost, etc. not sure about having controller only rooms.

Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:38pm
marvel vs capcom 3, will be getting my money first aswell.. because it comes out a week earlier :)

but if you dont have playstation move  this is how much killzone 3 with the sharpshooter will cost you..

PS move Bundle (PS Eye, Move Wand, and Sports Champions included) $100
Move Navigation Controller $30
PS Move Sharpshooter $40
Killzone 3 $60

so yea.. basically almost 250 dollars for one game.. quite the investment.. but one i would make without blinking an eye because it looks revolutionary in my opinion.

also i already had the ps move bundle, so that saved me 100 dollars.. and to be honest.. the move has been rather underwhelming due to lack of games.. so if it wasnt for killzone 3 i would suggest people didnt buy it.

lots of people can just buy the game for 60 and have a great time aswell.. im really looking forward to something amazing tho.. my hopes are very high for this and only a few things could ruin them.

1. the ps move latency/accuracy is not up to par for competetive play.. basically if its not accurate or fast enough that would make it worth $0
2. i would also be upset if sony allows the option to block ps move users from controller users, i.e. controller only games.. i dont need to look at a server list and be blocked from half the games because people are douches.. dealt with enough of that in my time on ut3
GhostofalucarD View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote GhostofalucarD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 1:30pm
damn I havent heard of half the stuff there is for the move and kz3. sounds like its gonna be a good chunk of change just for this game. hopefully its worth it but im gonna wait til after the reviews are in to buy. Gotta see if the multi stacks up to other contenders. Marvel vs Capcom will be getting my money first.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2011 at 12:34pm
i finally got around to pre-ordering Killzone 3 and the Move Sharpshooter peripheral.

i also ordered a move navigation controller.. which seem to be selling out in almost all stores (toysrus and gamestop are the only 2 to show stock out of almost every online retailer) they can be found on amazon and ebay but people are asking twice what they cost.

i am certain, that sony will not have enough sharpshooter guns or move wands and nav controllers come the 22nd of feburary.. hopefully my preorder gets filled and i suggest to anyone else dont wait till the 22nd to order.. because you will find these things sold out everywhere.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 11:38am
Originally posted by BAIN

Killzone 3 Move preview: Point and shoot

by Randy Nelson on Dec 18th 2010 12:00PM

Two months from now, Sony will launch its latest salvo in the first-party, first-person shooter wars, Killzone 3. While we've already taken a look at the game's single-player (in 3D) and multiplayer modes, we've previously only see a brief video demonstration of another one of its bullet-point features: PlayStation Move support.

I spent a good part of the past week playing the latest pre-release version of Killzone 3, examining the ups and downs of using Move (with the companion navigation controller) in place of the standard DualShock 3 controller. After making the initial, somewhat awkward adjustment to literally pointing-and-shooting Helghast troopers, I can say that my experience has ultimately been a positive one.

Killzone 3 (12/17/10)

One of the goals of merging motion controls with the console FPS genre has always seemed to be to bring the experience closer to the quick precision offered with mouse and keyboard controls (as opposed to a gamepad). While playing Killzone 3 with Move does introduce a degree of precision in aiming more akin to mouse control, there's more to it than that.

For one, when you aim using the Move controller, the on-screen gun doesn't follow immediately -- just the crosshairs, which turn red over enemies and yellow when you're pointing at foes that are behind cover. Your gun trails behind the reticule's movement a bit, giving the impression that there's some heft to it; rather than the way it works in, say, Quake, where the gun and crosshairs are always in sync

The Move is dead-on.

When playing with Move, I actually shot "from the hip" more than I aimed "down the sights" (as I would with the DualShock), primarily because the Move controls are precise enough to do so. Where I'd normally need to aim down the sights (i.e., zoom in) with a gamepad to target specific body parts on an enemy, I was shooting Helghan kneecaps and helmets with ease from the standard, hip-level view with Move. Of course, you can still zoom in with Move as needed -- like when enemies are taking cover -- but that's when the motion-control setup throws a curve ball: The crosshairs automatically "snap" to the nearest enemy when you pull the zoom-trigger on the navigation controller. In fact, the bad guys become framed in a glowing rectangle, and your gun automatically moves when they do, tracking them. It's a lock-on mechanic, and it made the game too easy for me.

While I suppose some players might appreciate this level of aiming assistance, I was thankful to find an option to toggle it off in the pause menu. In addition, there's the requisite sensitivity adjustment, in case the reticule is darting around the screen too quickly (or dragging along too slowly) for your tastes.

Holding down the primary, zigzagging "Move" button allows you to crouch and, when near cover, to stick to it, and I definitely prefer this new cover control to how the mechanic is executed with the DualShock. I was also impressed with how accurately I could aim with the Move when zooming down the sights of the gun, even with the auto-aim assist turned off. It was as if I was shining a laser pointer on my target, and any sense of the gun's momentum that sometimes causes me to "over-aim" when I'm using a gamepad's analog stick was gone. The Move is dead-on.

Smashing in a Helghast's face -- or stabbing him, snapping his neck, and so on -- is equally satisfying and as easy as thrusting the Move controller forward. Actually, "thrusting" makes it sound like it takes more effort than it really does. The Move is excellent at picking up subtle movements, and in this case, a gentle poke suffices for a melee kill. A similarly gentle shake of the Move controller reloads your weapon, so you don't have to take your thumb off the crouch button in order to press the Square-button and pop in a fresh clip (though you can do that).

So, after lots of playing on the Move, I decided to go back to using the standard controller. I have to say, it wasn't easy. While turning the character's head and body is quicker with an analog stick, the Move is much more precise at aiming within the character's current field of vision. I was also now more aware of the (frequent!) times I had to take my thumb off of the right stick to reload with a button press.

While I don't anticipate playing Killzone 3 in 3D, I am now committed to using the Move for my first full playthrough of the game. Not only does its integration seem justified to me, but I'm sold on its improved accuracy and greater sense of immersion over the DualShock controller. Guerrilla Games has shown me that even when a game isn't expressly designed for motion controls, the experience can be heightened with PlayStation Move.

WTF IS THIS!?!?!?!

hypocrit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol just busting your balls.. but its no different then someone using a steering wheel.. no different then someone using kbm.

i think all the people that preached over the past few years about how controller+couch is the only way to play ps3 should be banned from using anything else

its blatantly obvious.. that noone makes the rules.. its a COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM, and it isnt limited to a controller only because a bunch of people on here decided to make that their opinion to feel better about being no good with kbm.. you use whatever is the funnest for you.. for alot of people its kbm.. for alot more people its steering wheels.. and for a sh1t ton of people its going to be playstation move.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 11:33am
Originally posted by env_1ner

i think bain is getting this game for sure
Already bought and paid for. Just waitin for delivery.
-CYAN1DE- View Drop Down
Team NbK
Team NbK

Post Options Post Options   Quote -CYAN1DE- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2011 at 3:30am
Great reviews BAIN! Thank you.
This game looks so damn sweet, can't wait till it comes out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>