Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Current Events and News
    Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 11:46am
Originally posted by warfare

Have you ever wondered how you would respond in a situation where true courage and bravery is required?  Someone once said courage or bravery is not an absence of fear but having fear and doing something anyway....

There is an amazing woman, Marisol Valles, a 20 year old university student with an infant son, who has become the Chief of Police in the town of Praxelis Guadalupe Guerrero, Mexico.  She applied for the job and , amazingly, was the most qualified out of the handful of people who applied. 

The town where she is now the Chief of Police, is a hotbed of killings, kidnappings, and beheadings in Mexico's ongoing battle with narco-traffickers.  Just last week a town official and his son were killed.  The last mayor of the town was murdered in June and there have been 8 killings in the last month alone.

I've provided a link below to just one of the stories about her currently showing up in many newspapers around the world:

Well, can any of you invision putting yourself in a situation where there is almost a certain probability that you will die a violent and horrific death? I suppose, those who join the armed forces while we are actively involved in 2 wars, especially those who enlist as infantry, special ops, etc. are the nearest I can think to exhibiting such bravery... 

edit:  Here is another link to the story...

The story above actually says she was the ONLY one to apply for the job. 

Complete Decriminalization/legalization of Narcotics is the only answer.
What's happening in Mexico is a byproduct of the idiotic Drug War
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2010 at 11:01am
Have you ever wondered how you would respond in a situation where true courage and bravery is required?  Someone once said courage or bravery is not an absence of fear but having fear and doing something anyway....

There is an amazing woman, Marisol Valles, a 20 year old university student with an infant son, who has become the Chief of Police in the town of Praxelis Guadalupe Guerrero, Mexico.  She applied for the job and , amazingly, was the most qualified out of the handful of people who applied. 

The town where she is now the Chief of Police, is a hotbed of killings, kidnappings, and beheadings in Mexico's ongoing battle with narco-traffickers.  Just last week a town official and his son were killed.  The last mayor of the town was murdered in June and there have been 8 killings in the last month alone.

I've provided a link below to just one of the stories about her currently showing up in many newspapers around the world:

Well, can any of you invision putting yourself in a situation where there is almost a certain probability that you will die a violent and horrific death? I suppose, those who join the armed forces while we are actively involved in 2 wars, especially those who enlist as infantry, special ops, etc. are the nearest I can think to exhibiting such bravery... 

edit:  Here is another link to the story...

The story above actually says she was the ONLY one to apply for the job. 
Do you realize that in about forty years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tatoos and pierced navels? O.o
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2010 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by HanFei

If ya'll find anything interesting, feel free to share and discuss.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2010/10/20101010112951737528.html
Google to unveil driverless cars
Internet firm tests cars that drive themselves on busy California roads with occasional human control.

The California-based company said on its website the cars ...have done more than 140,000 miles with only occasional human control.

Sweet no more truckers on Meth 
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2010 at 11:31am
If ya'll find anything interesting, feel free to share and discuss.

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2010/10/20101010112951737528.html
Google to unveil driverless cars
Internet firm tests cars that drive themselves on busy California roads with occasional human control.

The California-based company said on its website the cars ...have done more than 140,000 miles with only occasional human control.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456