| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CALL TO ALL DUELERS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote WEAPoNiZ3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CALL TO ALL DUELERS
    Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 5:10am
I just hopped on here earlier and seen some people talkin about new games, one of them was Nexuiz.
i looked it up and it does look like it could be the new game for me when it comes out but it has one fatal flaw, there is only gonna be a 4v4 tdm and 8v8 ctf choice for game types there is no duel game type mentioned.
it has the look of ut3 and is arena based but it will be using the new CryENGINE , i played both Farcry instincts and instincts Predator on xbox and i was as addicted to that as i got to be with ut3, they both used the past cryENGINE's fast paced run and gun style game play, no having to stand still or crouch to improve accuracy like other newer games.
Anyway as this new game isnt out until early next year i thought it might not be too late to have a word with ILLFONIC the games developers, ive written  a few emails tellin them the benefits of stickin a Duel game type in before its release, im sure any duelers readin this will know what they are so this is just me plantin a seed for anyone else who might feel like sending them similar e.mails askin for a Duel game type.
WEAPoNiZ3D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote WEAPoNiZ3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2010 at 5:15am

in the emails i sent em i mentioned how in both UT3 and Quake there are still duelers playin years later after release, and how if they dont have a duel mode when its released they will run the risk of bein (outgunned) by the new quake release on xbox live arcade when it comes out

XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 1:50am
Won't work, and it's a waste of time seeing as how they're almost done with the game. It has more in common with quake 3 arena than anything IIRC. It also won't do very well on either platform (Just my guess. With games like Black ops, bulletstorm, quake arena arcade, and a bunch of other highly anticipated titles coming out between now and April of next year, Nexuiz is most likely to be overlooked by a lot of gamers). If any of you really wanna try it, it's free on the pc, and still has a somewhat active community over there.
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 2:17am
Early development footage shown at PAX.
Been waiting for this game, hope its out sooooon.
looks interesting! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 6:30pm
old news
name_is_clantag
env_1ner View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote env_1ner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 10:52pm
its alright
WEAPoNiZ3D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote WEAPoNiZ3D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 1:27am
hey , just to let anyone whos interested know, ive had emails back now from the creative director on nexuiz. Kedhrin Gonzalez e.mailed me back saying he couldnt agree with me more, he went on to say he actually considers it to be the most important mode for the new release and that there is DEFINITELY gonna be one, he went on to make out that any duelers coming to play this game will be very pleased with the way the mode is set up but not giving anything else away, but just thought id let anyone whos interested know about it, n @ Remy, this might be old news for you but this is the first ive seen of this game n im definitely gonna be checkin it out
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 6:41am
If unreal tournament 2004 and quake 3 arena had a baby, this game would be it.  I'm not sure about it tho, doesn't look better or even as fun as either of the two games I mentioned. 
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2010 at 4:46pm
ha.
 Post Reply Post Reply