FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Religion and Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 38>
Author
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Religion and Politics
    Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 8:15am
Originally posted by Blackfang

Originally posted by SP61gTSupra

Originally posted by Deadaim

its funny how people with ****ty lives are always against religion. its like your lives were so horrible you couldnt possibly fathom that their could be a god, why would your life so suck so bad if their was a god?

that post by lunchy is offensive, and pathetic.

ever notice that 99% of online gamers are atheist.. its not because they are some super smart people that managed to see thru the hype thats convinced 4 billion people that religion exists.. its because the same douches online are the same kids that grew up resenting life and being picked on every day, and thus thats why the majority of online gamers are atheists, and most are jobless little goofballs so most gamers = atheist liberals.

sucks being surrounded by a bunch of nerdy tools just because i enjoy video games.
Could be because I refuse to believe what I am told!?  If there is a God, it is like nothing we could ever imagine, so why waste that time?  And 'if' there is a God, it has no heaven waiting for us.  It's about as crazy as believing Santa Claus, just because we were told about him.    Man between you and Paw, youv'e said the word 'Liberal' about two thousand times.  And yes, my childhood was terrible, I hated my life growing up, I got picked on every day at school, this is all true because Deadlame said so...
Well technically u do believe what u are told...
you cited the theory of evolution on me once, and made it look like u think its fact.
im also sure you believe the big bang i could be wrong about #2 though..

and with all due respect i doubt you or anyone on this site devotes their life to the study of biology so how would you know evolution is true unless someone else said so?

i will admit though lunchy i initially believed in God because my parents told me so.....
thats what the commandment truly means, "honor thy father and mother"....
it means to honor them and by honoring them you server the same God as them.
but in the new testament the whole law is summed up in love.

that being said i initially believed because i was told to (like santa clause lolololol using your example) i stayed because i know it works.
You don't believe in evolution?  Do you think one day we were shuttlecrafted here on an interstellar Greyhound?   Organisms evolve, as do we. 
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 8:26am
Just to clear my last post up.  It may sound a little d1ckish, sorry if it sounds like that, wasn't my intention.  But as far as evolution goes, I heard about it, believed it, then did some research into the matter, applied my common sense to it, with prior knowledge of other related issues and came to the conclusion it's true!  Now it you were to tell me you were, let's say, 25 years of age, If I didn't know any better, I would believe you, but what I was really getting at is, if it sounds a little fishy to me, then I question it.
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
I've got a bucket on me head!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 8:42am
(Without reading the whole thread)
Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

whats the harm in being a believer?
Simple answer: Being stupid.

And I am not saying in general it's stupid to believe in a god. But it clearly shows a lack of intelligence if you just blindly believe something, for no apparent reason. You say there is a reason ? Why cause some chick ate from a magical tree after being told so by a talking snake, and now some zombie has to take that evil power from us, but he will only do so if we say in our minds that we believe in him ?
Loved the pic, Lunchy !

I am not trying to convince anybody to believe what I do, but here it is allowed and even asked, so no hard feelings. ;)
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
chisox666 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote chisox666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 10:43am
[[/QUOTE]  Do you think one day we were shuttlecrafted here on an interstellar Greyhound?  
[/QUOTE]

LOL! That is f/n hilarious. You come up with the most wacked descriptions/references. Very innovative.
get fragged

Misery Index - Heirs To Thievery
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 11:09am
non believers seem to care a WHOLE LOT about a thread like this? hm?

if they don't have a soul? don't believe in GOD? don't believe in heavan and hell?

you wouldn't think a thread like this would even be worth clicking on to them?

i mean with all the internet sites like utube and such they could be on?

it must be curiosity?

but mocking Jesus in a very serious buisness! it shows just how low some people are willing to go!

its dispicable!
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 11:15am
Uhm SYZYGY..
This thread is supposed to have a discussion is it not ?
Anyway I was wondering...

If you disagree and choose not to believe that GOD exists then thats your choice. its that simple
Why did you even create this thread ?
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Hey_Look_its_Trendy

Haven't we beat this subject to death already? No one is gonna change their mind about such a profound idea over an internet forum. Let me just say this: I have no problem with people believing in what they want to believe in. I do, however, have a problem with people pushing their ideals onto someone else (as demonstrated by syzygy's first post) and especially when religion enters the political arena.
+1 Best post I read besides some stuff by Lunchy.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 11:36am
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

(Without reading the whole thread)

whats the harm in being a believer?
Simple answer: Being stupid.

And I am not saying in general it's stupid to believe in a god. But it clearly shows a lack of intelligence if you just blindly believe something, for no apparent reason. You say there is a reason ? Why cause some chick ate from a magical tree after being told so by a talking snake, and now some zombie has to take that evil power from us, but he will only do so if we say in our minds that we believe in him ?
Loved the pic, Lunchy !

I am not trying to convince anybody to believe what I do, but here it is allowed and even asked, so no hard feelings. ;)

you obviously have not a clue what you are talking about, atleast know wth you are talking about before you state your opinion and your rude assumptions.

and btw, wth does this mean "And I am not saying in general it's stupid to believe in a god. But it clearly shows a lack of intelligence if you just blindly believe something, for no apparent reason"

you do realize that makes absolutely no sense correct? soo the people who have seen god arent stupid but the other 4 billion people in the world who believe in god are stupid?

you do realize that whether or not you believe in god or dont believe in him or whatever your belief is on creation you are still blindly beliving in something correct? noone knows how the universe was created and you certaintly arent smart enough to figure that out.

noone has proof in either direction, you cant prove god exists, you cant prove he doesnt exists. you can however post extremely jackass posts like yours, i would like to refer you back to my previous post..

you are about as bad at debating as you are at ut3, how old are you? obviously not old enough to know what you are talking about. get back to your up all night game fests and your nerd life.. so sick of you atheists f***s.. not because you dont believe in god.. tbh i am not trying to convince any of you.. its just sick to hear some re-re like you act as if he has any more ground to stand on then a believer, you have no proof either way doofus, noone has proof.. its just a matter of faith and regardless of whether or not your faith is in random rocks colliding and creating a universe or god creating it neither of those make someone lack intelligence.

gtfo here brainless asswipe
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 12:21pm
Yes, NO proof, but keep defending God. There's no proof unicorns exist, but I believe in them, an you can't prove otherwise, oh, also, don't talk sh1t about unicorns, even though I can't prove they exist, I believe anyway.

Man, I thought your rants to me were some what original (albeit terrible), you spout the same trash to anyone you don't like. You are by far the biggest un-informed wind bag I've ever seen on the interwebs.

Believing the world was created by how it was wrote in the bible (any) is a showcase of absolute lack of common sense. If you use the bible as a guideline for your life, more power to you, if you go to church, I believe you to be mentally underdeveloped. Oh....most of the world believes in God? Yeah, people are dumb, ...just heard mentality.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by -DaGoN-

Uhm SYZYGY..
This thread is supposed to have a discussion is it not ?
Anyway I was wondering...

If you disagree and choose not to believe that GOD exists then thats your choice. its that simple
Why did you even create this thread ?

do you have parents? if so i suggest you ask them the difference between discussing something and making negative comments, attacking people and mocking Jesus!

i created this thread because Trinity said he didn't want it in the iotd thread. Trinity knows that! go check the iotd thread and see for yourself, if you like? pg 237 4th post

but im not going to respond to you any further! you and lunchy mocking Jesus is dispicable so i choose to mute you both from this point on!
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 12:47pm

Originally posted by Blackfang

its funny how people with ****ty lives are always against religion. its like your lives were so horrible you couldnt possibly fathom that their could be a god, why would your life so suck so bad if their was a god?

that post by lunchy is offensive, and pathetic.

ever notice that 99% of online gamers are atheist.. its not because they are some super smart people that managed to see thru the hype thats convinced 4 billion people that religion exists.. its because the same douches online are the same kids that grew up resenting life and being picked on every day, and thus thats why the majority of online gamers are atheists, and most are jobless little goofballs so most gamers = atheist liberals.

sucks being surrounded by a bunch of nerdy tools just because i enjoy video games.
Could be because I refuse to believe what I am told!?  If there is a God, it is like nothing we could ever imagine, so why waste that time?  And 'if' there is a God, it has no heaven waiting for us.  It's about as crazy as believing Santa Claus, just because we were told about him.    Man between you and Paw, youv'e said the word 'Liberal' about two thousand times.  And yes, my childhood was terrible, I hated my life growing up, I got picked on every day at school, this is all true because Deadlame said so...
Well technically u do believe what u are told...
you cited the theory of evolution on me once, and made it look like u think its fact.
im also sure you believe the big bang i could be wrong about #2 though..

and with all due respect i doubt you or anyone on this site devotes their life to the study of biology so how would you know evolution is true unless someone else said so?

i will admit though lunchy i initially believed in God because my parents told me so.....
thats what the commandment truly means, "honor thy father and mother"....
it means to honor them and by honoring them you server the same God as them.
but in the new testament the whole law is summed up in love.

that being said i initially believed because i was told to (like santa clause lolololol using your example) i stayed because i know it works.
You don't believe in evolution?  Do you think one day we were shuttlecrafted here on an interstellar Greyhound?   Organisms evolve, as do we. 
If that were the case...
its like pokemon as nerdy as that sounds.
charmand charmeleon charizard..
except the theory of evolution is misssing to many charmeleons and therefore is incomplete in the middle.
you believe in something that cant and hasnt been proven. whats the difference?
difference between me and you, im assuming is that i've done research on both sides.
i've read on the big bang and evolution i've read many anti-god rants and reasons for no go or how the Bible contradicts itself. it's all just a bunch of lawlpops.
on the other hand i've applied the Bible and its worked. theres a difference to saying "oh i was raised a catholic or no i was raised baptist as a kid" that means absolutely nothing.
if you didnt apply the Word you got no results. if you applied and stuck with it, you'd still be with it like me. (and im not talking about oh it helped me get through hardtimes.) its done so much more then that.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 1:07pm

Yes, NO proof, but keep defending God. There's no proof unicorns exist, but I believe in them, an you can't prove otherwise, oh, also, don't talk sh1t about unicorns, even though I can't prove they exist, I believe anyway.

Man, I thought your rants to me were some what original (albeit terrible), you spout the same trash to anyone you don't like. You are by far the biggest un-informed wind bag I've ever seen on the interwebs.

Believing the world was created by how it was wrote in the bible (any) is a showcase of absolute lack of common sense. If you use the bible as a guideline for your life, more power to you, if you go to church, I believe you to be mentally underdeveloped. Oh....most of the world believes in God? Yeah, people are dumb, ...just heard mentality.

you are practically considered mentally retarded. you are about as dumb as a person could be.

apparently you are so dumb you cant even see my point, i could careless if you dont believe in god.. alot of people dont.. i dont care that they dont believe in god either. my point is noone on this earth knows the truth so dont act like you do, how much of an asshat do you have to be not have that common sense to put that together?

you have no idea what they are talking about.. that its extremely easy to be an atheist and requires not an ounce of inner strength or individuality. to think that all religious people are religious because they are conforming just proves how much of a pathetic conformists you are.. people who try to specifically not conform are the biggest conformists of all.

people believe in god, because of strong families, because of inner strength.. because of believing in something greater and beliving in their selves. people like you chose not to believe because you never had any of this traits.. because you never had a family that did anything and they probably never had a family worth a damn either. you come from a long line of scumbags and its obvious by your childish life.. you got so upset i pulled your nerd card you completely changed the way you used this site, started posting 1/20th as frequent and 9/10s of those posts were posts about something i posted but always passive little b**** comments.. you patheticaly stalked me around the forums like a butt hurt little baby.. i was able to insult you and change your complete attitude/persona on this site.. infact im surprised to even see one of your balls has floated back down into your tiny sack with your latest response.. its to bad your just doing more of your internet asskissing because you think by defending dagon you are protecting someone who just gave you props.

fact of the matter is.. its obvious you view your views about religion strongly.. which is wierd for someone who doesnt believe in religion.. you must of had the ****tiest life possible up until now, and im sure it wont get any better any time soon.

its just a great thing that the scums of the earth and basement dwellers that you find online arent what make up all of this earth.. but i guess you are just a product of your enivroment.. your small minded goofy parents did an awful job raising you and im almost positive one of your relatives repeatedly ****d you.

-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 1:11pm

wth does this mean "And I am not saying in general it's stupid to believe in a god. But it clearly shows a lack of intelligence if you just blindly believe something, for no apparent reason"
I was reffering to sizzle saying that we should believe in god just to be sure, because there is no harm. Well I cannot just blindly believe in it just to be sure, I just can't because it does not make sense to me, the idea that we know what god is. As Lunchy said sometime before: How dare we claiming to know who or what created us ?

noone knows how the universe was created and you certaintly arent smart enough to figure that out.
I already figured that out, it's the reason why I don't believe in god. NO ONE KNOWS. So why make up something that doesn't make the least bit of sense to us ? Why not just accept it, we can never know but with science we can get close to the truth for those who care.

noone has proof in either direction, you cant prove god exists, you cant prove he doesnt exists. you can however post extremely jackass posts like yours, i would like to refer you back to my previous post..
Are you telling me to prove a negative ? Wow.

you are about as bad at debating as you are at ut3, how old are you? obviously not old enough to know what you are talking about. get back to your up all night game fests and your nerd life.. so sick of you atheists f***s
How do you know how good or bad I am at UT3 ?
And whoa you just called me a nerd. What a strong thing to say over the internet, say do you want me to post pics of my gf ? You will change your mind, hehe ask ghostlike he has seen her. :P Or maybe videos of my band ? Pics of me at parties with friends ? I can also show you my guitar covers. Your attempt to point out that I'm a nerd is weak and really, just stupid. And I was not kidding, I will show you any of the things mentioned above.

gtfo here brainless asswipe
Yup, you're really good at debating.

B-B-BucKetHe4D !
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 1:15pm
There's no way to prove or disprove that Bigfoot exists, but I believe he does.  Actually, I think the reason we haven't found that guy is he's about as, if not more intelligent than man and simply keeps hiding from us, only to surface on video and pictures every now and then.

Ehh.. I don't know about believing or not believing, but I think I'll just use it for guidance, though Science and Logic have been my main guidance for years.
-DaGoN- View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote -DaGoN- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 1:19pm
Deadaim, if he really did have a sh1tty life ? Many people did, did you just actually call him (I don't know about that) and so many others scumbag ? WOW.
B-B-BucKetHe4D !
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

As for the politics, yes.. the Dems are going down this November and probably in 2012, but just watch what happens in 2014, given the world's still going by then.  Given nothing happens in 2012, I see the Dems taking the Congress back in 2014, after the GOP doesn't do a good enough job. (I'm hoping it's not little or nothing though.  I honestly don't care who fixes/ starts to fix our problems, as long as they're fixing stuff.  I don't wish either party failure, though I'd love to see one of the main parties go out like that Whigs did in mid 1800's, so an Independent party could rise to power.)

Hell, it doesn't even have to be that.  I'd be okay if an Independent party/ independents in general seize 10 - 15% (if not more) of either the house or senate.

More politics?
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 1:36pm
I may call Zizle a retard from time to time, but damn guys.. You need to chill!
For one, i Accept he's wiews and I suggest you other guys start reading some stuff before slumping out facts about evolution!
Holy crapolainen, If evolutin was the answer, why are two cromosomes gone in Humans and ONLY humans.
Furthermore was there inteligent Humanoids on this planet before, we see what they did but cant figure it out!
So for our tech/science enthusiasts, go dig ur graves... Theres no question what so ever that we were designed beck in the day... By something we called GOD.
That shait was written even before our young Darwin stole he's theory..
Big bang my f.... ass.
Edit: Who is the legal owner of Ground zero area?
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 2:29pm
Progressive=World Government!

Progressive=No Solveranty!

Progressive=Were Smarter then you so we'll make your choices!

Progressive=Less individual Freedom of choice!

Progressive=Nationalizing Everything!

Progressive=Redistribution of wealth!

Progressive=Big Government and Government Control!

Progressive=Anti-The American Way!

Progressive=This Administration!!!

Weather your a Demecrat or Replucan or Independant like me your still an American!

We have a Constitution! Progressives think our Constitution is Useless in modern times! No matter what they say Publicly!

A New World Order where what they consider to be “The Elite” decide whats best for everyone on earth!

One thing TX had right was every Culture has great things to learn! and certain indivuality's that defines them as a Nation!

Were all different! Indivuality is one of the most important things that makes us Human! our differences are aren't a negative but a Blessing!

and “Individual Freedom” is what America is all about!

So why would any of us want a “New World Order”? or even there version of a “New America”?

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 2:34pm
lol there will never be a one world government.
never ever lol.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 3:27pm
never say never my man lol stranger things have happened! weather or not it “A New World Order” will ever be the case? its what Progressive belive in! and its important to know what our politicians believe!

The Progressive movement started many years ago, and it operates stealthy because the average American would resist or reject it! it takes power to make those kind of Radical changes! so you need the Pesidentcy and the House and the Senate!

There Progressive agenda is obviously more important then the Country's well being atm!

National security always comes first! < but our Border still isn't secure?

economy always comes second! but Health care will acually hurt the economy and was still pushed for and worked harder on then creating jobs by helping small buisness?

why Bush didn't secure the border is beyond me? why he invaded Iraq is beyond me? why he allowed the housing and banking crises to develope and wreck our economy is beyond me? Democrats like Chris Dodd and Barney Frank in the pocket of Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae caused it though! NOT BUSH!!! Bush just didn't do enough to stop it for some reason? he did warn of it though! so to keep lie'n and saying Bush ran the economy in to the ground like Obama keeps saying when he knows better then that just shows me Obama will say anything! just like most politicians!

Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by chisox666

Originally posted by Heavenly_tRiNiTy

Church and state can never be separated its like declaring that politics has no place in society. England, EU (France and Russia and maybe a few others aside) and USA are morally christian countries are they not? Do the main tenets of your laws conform to the 10 commandments? I think they do - perhaps thou shalt not kill is a little questionable as some states choose execution as a way of righting a wrong. Could you call them fundamentalists as in the traditional eye for an eye? I guess so. And the more liberal states that incarcerate/rehabilitate could be considered modernists? Maybe?
You are supposed to be tolerant and democratic even allowing views and beliefs that challenge yours because you will examine and learn at a deeper more meaningful level. Islam perhaps is in some ways less tolerant, more fundamental in its approach. There is only one version of the Qu'ran afaik (I would love to know if there are more and how they differ) so its easier than christians who seemingly have many gospels, several versions of the Bible at various stages of christian evolution. 
Is this where christianity is less able to meet the challenge of Islam - for me i think so but its my opinion. One thing I know is that when ppl sit down and discuss things as sensible human beings (not being childish - name calling, criticising spelling/grammar, nor being rude or disrespectful) we all learn more and understand better about things like religion and politics. I will say this though, generally speaking - if ppl continue to blatantly disrespect others  (whether christian, religious, atheist etc) then it's not worth having these threads, lock it down. if some of u guys cant say anything constructive or challenge anything in a civil way then dont say anything at all. believe or not, its your prerogative but heathy discussions for all plz.

I think our country's laws are based on morals, not religion. Also, as far as the death penalty, "eye for an eye" is a little extreme of a reference. It's only reserved for the most heinous of murders with aggravating circumstances. Very few murder cases result in the death penalty being the judgment. That's not to say that the capital punishment system isn't flawed. Nothing's perfect.

I for the record was raised Roman Catholic. i'm not anymore. I'm not an atheist either. I believe in a god/higher power, but my view does not conform with (most) religion's view of god. I for the most part, think religion is f*cked and false. Just my view. Have a spiritual connection with your own version of god (if you want), have good morals, and you're all good. That's how I live.

This earth is too fragile for it to have been formed without a guiding hand.
Imo most christian countries embrace both divine laws and natural (moral) laws as befits the culture. Your constitutional right to bear arms is seen as self-defence but we do not have anything like this in UK. The 10 commandments dovetail nicely with the natural laws of many of these countries with a little tweaking!
Also u and I have a lot in common. I was raised C of E and went to church every sunday. Whilst I am not a practising christian anymore my beliefs are christian at the core. I have my own interpretation too (as Ive said in a previous post if you believe God exists then your version of God doesn't necessarily conform exactly to someone else's). I take what I value and can justify. I believe man's selfishness and greed has obscured religion as a force of good. I still live righteously because I believe it is the only way for me.
When all is said and don't it is a fact that a man called Jesus lived some 2,000 years ago. He was so influential that he changed the belief system of a whole region which spread across the known world in 400 years. So yes he was special! And I like your quote, I say something similar that  "life is too purposeful for it to be forged from chaos".
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 3:52pm
Syzygy its true what Phant is saying ...no world government..not ever unless the world suddenly becomes a very small place to live? Islamic countries accepting external influences? No chance. Christianity and Islam are 2 competing ideologies, they are opposites. We could never have a World Government unless we had a global common culture. That will never be a reality because of fundamental differences in national/regional values. Cultural, political, economic and religious principles would have to be fused into something that a majority of 6.8 billion people would find amenable . So yea I think Phant is right. 
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 4:23pm
the flaw in your thinking is in thinking it would take the people of each country to agree with it! Leaders control policy not the public!

maybe you guys don't realise that there is already private gatherings of the “so called elite” from around the world?

there's so much going on behind closed doors that we'll never hear about all over the world!

things are rarely as they appear to be!

but i didn't say it could necessarily be achieved i said never say never! regardless thats what Progressives believe in!

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 4:36pm
this is one of those it's ok to say never moments lol.
even in the Bible's revelation the antichrist doesn't even rule the whole world lol.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2010 at 5:19pm
it wouldn't be a one ruler world government though lol

and in Revelation doesn't it start by the temple being rebuilt?

i think there's a big mosque at that site now isn't there?

so the mosque would have to be level'd to rebuild the temple right? can you see that happening? i can't!

i mean Isreal is the key place in revelations right? or maybe thats not the site the bible is refering to?

the bible was written by man and translated, and there's been so many occasions where it could have been tamper'd with so im just not sure every word is absolutely correct and therefore maybe should be taken literally?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 38>