Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Foreign Culture

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
[qM]
[qM]

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foreign Culture
    Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 4:47pm
Okay, i have one specific question i wanted to ask.. and i thought it was cool that we have so many different people here from around the world with different cultures so maybe we can all learn something. If anyone needs to know about arogant north eastern americans fire away.

ok here is my question, and this one is to the brits:

apparently people in england prefer their beer warm? is this true?

so anyone who goes out to the bars or drinks and is from england.. please answer me that question. thanks

DEMON_ON_SLAUGHT View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep

Post Options Post Options   Quote DEMON_ON_SLAUGHT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 4:51pm
HAHAHA no no, it's not true

Cruel IntentionZ View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA
Val and I share Mikey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cruel IntentionZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 4:51pm
erm... warm beer? wtf!

i dont drink beer myself but everyone has it cold over here, lol
Some people are alive simply because it’s against the law to kill them.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 4:55pm

okay.. i heard you guys drank it warm.. i thought it was wierd so i wanted to ask some real brits :)

thanks
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 4:55pm
I think only guiness is served at room temp.

Ive had it its actually quite good.

not english but im sure its just Guiness
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 4:58pm
PS: I know the old norwegians drank it warm... Vikinger and Mjød.
It contains traces of a spesific mushroom that make them qrazy... They drank, ****d, and killed anything in their way...
I was on kon tiki and the viking ships on Bygdøy in Oslo yesterday, thats why i remembered it. lool
But beer warm is awful.
valjohn View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
No hearts for anyone!

Post Options Post Options   Quote valjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 5:03pm
also 4 the british people here

WHY this habit of drinking "tea" every day???... and I don't even mention the milk u put in it :-P
Xx_Emma_Jade_xX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Xx_Emma_Jade_xX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 7:15pm
yeah that stereotype is pretty true, most people have like 5 or so cups of tea a day, personally i don't.

i couldn't actually tell you WHY we do it though.....
Do you actually find it weird val lol? Tea with milk is like a must! 

And the warm beer? Out of interest where did you hear that? 

You like to complain about the generation of today, at the same time you forget who raised it...
daaBOMB View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote daaBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 7:21pm
nope COLD beer all the way!

^ true about tea though! luv having cups of tea throughout the day :D
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 10:14pm
There is no such thing as warm beer in England. It's always f***ing cold there. Even at room temperature, the beer is cold.

Tea in England and most of Europe has a historic purpose. A lot of it has to do with the fact that the British were trying to steal Chinese trade routes and they discovered and introduced tea to England to help Europe get off the alcohol binge they had been on for decades after disease and bacteria spread to the water sources (the plague). Also, coffee houses made tea famous when coffee was heavily taxed. Coffee houses introduced tea as the inexpensive alternative. Read the history and the truth will be dscovered.

Tea in England is treated the same way as coffee is in America, as a stimulant.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 10:15pm
I tend to drink tea throughout the day as well and I live here in America.  I never use a kettle though, just a pan on a stove.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by SilverJ-17

I tend to drink tea throughout the day as well and I live here in America.  I never use a kettle though, just a pan on a stove.

Rule of thumb with tea. Never place the tea in boiling water. Let it sit, unagitated for the appropriate length of time depending on the type of tea. Then enjoy.

Silver, your method is actually a good one since a pan allows water to cool much faster than in a kettle since there is more surface area exposed to air.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2010 at 11:39pm
I never thought of that.  I always bring the water to a boil, then put the tea bags in for a minute, then empty the tea-water into a pitcher.  I've also almost always used Orange Pekoe tea.
valjohn View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
No hearts for anyone!

Post Options Post Options   Quote valjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 6:13am
Originally posted by Xx_Emma_Jade_xX

yeah that stereotype is pretty true, most people have like 5 or so cups of tea a day, personally i don't.

i couldn't actually tell you WHY we do it though.....
Do you actually find it weird val lol? Tea with milk is like a must! 

And the warm beer? Out of interest where did you hear that? 

What I find weird is the fact they people are so attached to their cups of tee Big smile. I suppose that they also have also a certain schedule for it : 1st cup at 10 a.m., 2nd cup 3 p.m. and so on

As for the milk, it's all a question of taste of course, but I think it changes in worse the original tea taste.

Personally, I drink coffee, several cups by day also cause it keeps me awake and I work better when I'm awake Smile ... tea only when I'm sick Smile

Here is a weird thing that Belgians eat : peaches filled with tuna salad !!!!!
I don't like it ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Dead

PS : the warm beer it was not me ... I never heard that before

Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 8:20am
ive just heard it several places.. nothing reliable tho so i asked on here. just type it on google itll auto complete your sentence and have a bunch of links. here is one

the first reply is kinda funny.. the brit is getting rather defensive about it lol
summ3rblink View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote summ3rblink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 8:32am
We Finns really luv our coffee, propably because after war years there was a serious lack of everything.  And when the coffee was again available and no substitutes had to be used, we really started gulping it. Also the darkness on winter times seem to ache the coffee tooths of people in all nordic countries.

It's a common habit when visiting  a family, you just give a packet (500g) of coffee to the host as a present.
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 8:41am
Originally posted by summ3rblink

We Finns really luv our coffee, propably because after war years there was a serious lack of everything.  And when the coffee was again available and no substitutes had to be used, we really started gulping it. Also the darkness on winter times seem to ache the coffee tooths of people in all nordic countries.

It's a common habit when visiting  a family, you just give a packet (500g) of coffee to the host as a present.
Lol, very true... and very funny.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 11:38am
hot tea with milk and sugar is the only thing i drink.

is it true that french women don't shave there arm pits? im being serious!
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
valjohn View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
No hearts for anyone!

Post Options Post Options   Quote valjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 11:57am
Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

is it true that french women don't shave there arm pits? im being serious!

!!!!! LOL Big smile NO, not true LOL

I heard the same thing about portuguese women ...  the legs neither ... but I'm sure it's not true, IT CAN'T BE !! LOL
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 12:24pm
ive always heard that they have hairy pitts, i figured this would be the place to ask lol

and anything stuffed with tuna would be nasty Val xD eeeeeeW

you must of tried it if you know its not good?
valjohn View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
No hearts for anyone!

Post Options Post Options   Quote valjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 12:28pm

and anything stuffed with tuna would be nasty Val xD eeeeeeW   LOOLLL Big smile

you must of tried it if you know its not good?

are u talking about TUNA or peaches filles with tuna salad ?!!!
Zellot View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Zellraiser

Post Options Post Options   Quote Zellot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by valjohn

What I find weird is the fact they people are so attached to their cups of tee Big smile. I suppose that they also have also a certain schedule for it : 1st cup at 10 a.m., 2nd cup 3 p.m. and so on

lol i always thought that was a joke we made up for you guys in america didn't know it was true hahahaha thats classic.

but anyway green tea is the **** i drink that everyday, it's suppose to help block  bacteria,disease, and illness, from what  i heard
Deths Right Hand Stalks Me
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by valjohn

and anything stuffed with tuna would be nasty Val xD eeeeeeW   LOOLLL Big smileyou must of tried it if you know its not good?

are u talking about TUNA or peaches filles with tuna salad ?!!!

lol oh! naw im really talking about peaches stuffed with tuna salad! lol youve tried it ay?

ive never tried mac&cheese and for an American thats unheard of!

Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 12:47pm
never tried mac and cheese? wtf?
Cruel IntentionZ View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA
Val and I share Mikey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cruel IntentionZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2010 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

never tried mac and cheese? wtf?

i've never even heard of mac and cheese, lol
Some people are alive simply because it’s against the law to kill them.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>