Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Names of Good Movies?
    Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 1:49pm
On a different note ... I saw 'Dinner for Shmucks' and loved it!
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2010 at 8:36am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KQCX0zNdyc

TRUST ME, watch this trailer hahahahaha its insane

its a film called Poltrygeist -Night Of The Chicken Dead

if that doesnt make you laugh then you suffer from depression
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 5:09pm

oops I meant Hidden Fortress, not Rashomon. (the one Lucas based Star Wars on)

Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

which Kurosawa films have you seen? i highly recommend Ran. the cinematography in that movie is absolutely stunning. i just ordered Red Beard and i'll definitely post whether it's good or not.

i haven't seen those Fellini movies but i have watched 8 1/2 and Satyricon and they are both great movies.. don't listen to imdb's rating on Satyricon because it's dead wrong. the movie is great, it's just that most people who watch it don't know what's going on because it's made in fragments because the only written copy of Satyricon is in fragments.

I've seen RAN, Hidden Fortress, Rashomon ( I heard Lucas based Star Wars on this), and Seven Samurai

I kinda liked 7 Samurai, but the others .... meh.
misfit44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote misfit44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 4:59pm
here are a few foreign horror movies a just seen

Brotherhood of the Wolf or (le pacte des loups)
good monster/action film from france, some what based on a true story.

Let the Right one In
a vampire film from Iceland (i think)

The Machine Girl
a tokyo shock film that is weird, bloody and makes no sense but it was fun watching it.

Cannibal Holocaust is good film and so very realistic that the director was charged with murder and
had 2 show up in court with an actress because people thought he killed her in the film.
oXxLunacyxXo View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote oXxLunacyxXo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 4:54pm
video drone good crazy movie
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 4:11pm

which Kurosawa films have you seen? i highly recommend Ran. the cinematography in that movie is absolutely stunning. i just ordered Red Beard and i'll definitely post whether it's good or not.

i haven't seen those Fellini movies but i have watched 8 1/2 and Satyricon and they are both great movies.. don't listen to imdb's rating on Satyricon because it's dead wrong. the movie is great, it's just that most people who watch it don't know what's going on because it's made in fragments because the only written copy of Satyricon is in fragments.
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 1:51pm
isn't 8 1/2 by fellini?

I've never seen that one but I have seen La Dolce Vita and Amarcord.

Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 1:48pm

you know bladerunner is based off a novel by philip k. d***. forgot the title but i know it's something about dreaming of electric sheep. i used to love bladerunner but after watching Ran and 8 1/2 it's hard for me to watch it again

'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep'... I think ... its in the final credits.

I tried and tried and tried to get into Kurosawa .... just can't.
puertoRICAN View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by daaBOMB

i haven't seen inception yet T_T ppl r saying its better then avatar...i wanna go watch it >.<
Thats probably because Avatar sucked ass!! lmao, i do not know how it made that much money!  :o
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

If you havn't seen Blade Runner, it's a must ... get it in Blu Ray and watch it on a nice TV w Sound System. The score by Tangerine Dream is mesmerizing.

My Netflix runs out in about 2 weeks, i will be sure to check it out! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnAYGqjcGEE&feature=youtu.be
Watch in 720P....duh
daaBOMB View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote daaBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:34pm
i haven't seen inception yet T_T ppl r saying its better then avatar...i wanna go watch it >.<
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:34pm
you know bladerunner is based off a novel by philip k. d***. forgot the title but i know it's something about dreaming of electric sheep. i used to love bladerunner but after watching Ran and 8 1/2 it's hard for me to watch it again
- Best Coast

Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:21pm
When I was a kid I loved Legend, I bought it in Blu Ray and watched it again and I thought it was pretty weak in totality as a movie.

I agree there are some breathtaking scenes in the begining and the movie was so full of potential but ultimately failed for me.

Gladiator was entertaining, not his best Movie but everytime its on I seem to watch it and enjoy it.
I have a soft spot for Movies about that era too. I agree not his best, but certainly better than KoH.

If you havn't seen Blade Runner, it's a must ... get it in Blu Ray and watch it on a nice TV w Sound System. The score by Tangerine Dream is mesmerizing.

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:04pm

Originally posted by Blackfang

inception was dopppppe

and Kingdom of Heaven was a good movie. (with orlando bloom)
yeah, i think Ridley Scott directed Kingdom of Heaven. i went and saw it in the movie theatres right when it came out awhile ago.

He did ... The only good Ridley Scott movies are

Blade Runner

Alien

Gladiator

Black Hawk Down

Everything else is pretty sub par IMO especially Legend and Robin Hood. KoH didnt do much for me.

Blade Runner is one of my all time top 5. It was the first Blu Ray movie I bought when I got my Ps3.

And if anyone has seen that horrible will smith movie iRobot ... you can tell its a Lowest Common Denominator rip off of Blade Runner.

i didnt think black hawk down and gladiator were that good at all. i own bladerunner so i know how good it is but im surprised you thought legend was bad. i bought the directors cut bout a year ago and loved it. the first 30 minutes are beautiful. riddley scott is alright but there are way better directors
- Best Coast

Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:03pm
i honestly did not like Gladiator. i dunno why, just really boring imo. Black Hawk Down was really good tho.
Never seen Blade Runner but i know it is supposed to be awesome!
(LOL @ iROBOT... That movie sucked ballz)
Watch in 720P....duh
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 10:20am

inception was dopppppe

yeah, i think Ridley Scott directed Kingdom of Heaven. i went and saw it in the movie theatres right when it came out awhile ago.

He did ... The only good Ridley Scott movies are
Blade Runner
Alien
Gladiator
Black Hawk Down

Everything else is pretty sub par IMO especially Legend and Robin Hood. KoH didnt do much for me.

Blade Runner is one of my all time  top 5. It was the first Blu Ray movie I bought when I got my Ps3.
And if anyone has seen that horrible will smith movie iRobot ... you can tell its a Lowest Common Denominator rip off of Blade Runner.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:33am

HEY, they only go three layers >:O
1. Rainy city
2. Hotel
3. Snow Fortress
4. The dudes dream to save him from limbo (Last "kick" ) 
5. Limbo (Not really a dream, just a state of being i guess. )
i wanna see it again. a lot of opinions of what is what.  >.<
(i didn't really spoil NEthing so yea.......) 
Watch in 720P....duh
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:30am
no homo
the time traveler's wife was good -_-
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:25am

inception was dopppppe

- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:23am
HEY, they only go three layers >:O
- Best Coast

Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Luci's Pimp

Post Options Post Options   Quote puertoRICAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:20am
Inception was amazing. Really wish i could see it again.  >.<
Not so much the story was amazing (Tho it was) But how it tells the story and for such a confusing plot, pulls it off as best it can.
At one point, i think your in a 5th layer dream... Yet it all makes sense, good sh1t. 
Watch in 720P....duh
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:17am
inception was dopppppe

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2010 at 12:12am
Just ordered Red Beard (Kurosawa) from Amazon XD. can't freakin' wait

watched The 400 Blows earlier today and that movie was sooo good. i recommend it
- Best Coast

Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by InHuMaNe_KiLLa

I think Im the only person in the universe who thought Inception SUCKED
Yup. Best movie ever, the conceptions in it is just amazing, blows everyone's mind away.. But atleast half people say its the best even when they don't understand it lol.. I don't find it hard to understand at all

I didn't find it hard to understand at all. I just thought it was pretentious, unoriginal (I'm sorry but tapping into peoples dreams no matter how many layers deep you go is not a new idea), and above all boring.

InHuMaNe_KiLLa View Drop Down
Team GOML
Team GOML

Post Options Post Options   Quote InHuMaNe_KiLLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2010 at 3:16pm

I think Im the only person in the universe who thought Inception SUCKED
Yup. Best movie ever, the conceptions in it is just amazing, blows everyone's mind away.. But atleast half people say its the best even when they don't understand it lol.. I don't find it hard to understand at all
PSN Tags - InHuMaN_KiLLa_v2 (for everything but UT3), InHuMaNe_KiLLa, KiLLa_is_QnL, GOML_-ScRuBz-
XBL - iMPuLs3 zV
wOa site created by me - woagaming.enjin.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>