Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Music, Movies and TV
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

THE ANIME OF "ALL" ANIME

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: THE ANIME OF "ALL" ANIME
    Posted: 07 May 2010 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by PcX_Potorikan

no love for death note, wolf's rain, samurai champloo, rorouni kenshin, science ninja team gatchaman, mazinger z, ninja scroll, ghost in the shell, gotham night, full metal alchemist huh.. jeez u guys r picky lol
Death Note is AWESOME !!!
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by N0SF3RATU

no love for death note, wolf's rain, samurai champloo, rorouni kenshin, science ninja team gatchaman, mazinger z, ninja scroll, ghost in the shell, gotham night, full metal alchemist huh.. jeez u guys r picky lol
i watched most of series you named above but i'm a bit old skool and i also love the more dramatic/psy(but funny) anime (NOT MECHA) !!!

gatchaman, mazinger are the oldest ones and the only ones that could be considered mecha.  death note was very serious and psychological theme wise.  not much humor in that one.  gotham night (when watched in its original form with subs not dubs) is pretty gruesome, action packed.  it's basically batman anime style.  some of the funniest one's I've seen unfortunately are things like naruto, bleach and such.  long running series makes it easy to learn the characters and their pet peeves (i.e tsunade being called old in naruto, Hiraide being called a pervert, Kakashi reading his cheesy romance novels even though he's a ninja, Rock Lee and his mentors funky relationship, etc).  Bleach is also the same way but not as funny.  what did you think of things like Vampire Hunter D?
PcX_Potorikan View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote PcX_Potorikan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 8:23pm

Death Note is AWESOME !!!

yea it was easy to get hooked on that.  my sons are the anime freaks and they get me into one's I haven't discovered yet.  definitely keeps you on your seat.  excellent cat and mouse game
N0SF3RATU View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2010 at 8:33pm
Potorikan i really must say you have to watch "HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI"
                                                                                                                      NI KAI"
                                                                                                                      NI REI"
it's so dramatic & qua psy it's still one of the best anime i've ever saw ( together with Elfen Lied)
M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 7:01am
Death Note was the sh!t but was to short.
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 8:25pm
Akira is my all time favorite for sure, but what about "Ninja scroll" or "Ghost in the shell"?  Those 2 are also really kick ass anime's imo.
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
lDEATHl-MACHINE View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote lDEATHl-MACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2010 at 8:28pm

never mind i guess i missed that you already got to it b4 me lol
I am an Exit!psn KuPcAKeDESTR0YER.NoTh1nG__FaCe.Y1NsSeVeRiTy.SuM_RANDOMN008. Portal sits deep within the eye. The eye of Y1NsSeVeRiTy rewards understanding.XBLgametag lDEATHl MACHINE
N0SF3RATU View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2010 at 11:05am
Originally posted by XxXDEATHXxX101

Akira is my all time favorite for sure, but what about "Ninja scroll" or "Ghost in the shell"?  Those 2 are also really kick ass anime's imo.
ninja scroll was awesome too but not the series just the movie
ghost in the shell i was never a fan of it , i have the dvd's just to add to my collection
GIO_2064 View Drop Down
Team Termanation
Team Termanation

Post Options Post Options   Quote GIO_2064 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 11:25am
FIST OF THE NORTH STAR AND APPLE SEED WHERE MY FAV'S!!
Mr-Pa1n View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Count

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr-Pa1n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 11:42am
hunter x hunter is pure awesomeness
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 11:50am

i watched most of series you named above but i'm a bit old skool and i also love the more dramatic/psy(but funny) anime (NOT MECHA) !!!

gatchaman, mazinger are the oldest ones and the only ones that could be considered mecha.  death note was very serious and psychological theme wise.  not much humor in that one.  gotham night (when watched in its original form with subs not dubs) is pretty gruesome, action packed.  it's basically batman anime style.  some of the funniest one's I've seen unfortunately are things like naruto, bleach and such.  long running series makes it easy to learn the characters and their pet peeves (i.e tsunade being called old in naruto, Hiraide being called a pervert, Kakashi reading his cheesy romance novels even though he's a ninja, Rock Lee and his mentors funky relationship, etc).  Bleach is also the same way but not as funny.  what did you think of things like Vampire Hunter D?
Mazinger is super Old School you f-in fossil.
you guys got a lot good ones one that hasnt been mentioned and Ive had a hard time finding
the series again:

"Captain Harlock and the Queen of a Thousand Years"

It was awesome.
N0SF3RATU View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 11:11am
misfit44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote misfit44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 1:09pm
2 this day Cowboy Bebop is still the best series i've seen.
It has it all, comedy,action,great sound track,story line,characters.
A must have 4 any anime fan.

here is the ending (SPOILER ALERT)

M-Rox View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote M-Rox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 5:51pm
Lol in shock not one person said Bible Black! I was told on an anime forum it was a must see I about died when I figured out what it was.
N0SF3RATU View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2010 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by M-Rox

Lol in shock not one person said Bible Black! I was told on an anime forum it was a must see I about died when I figured out what it was.
we're talkin' bout anime not hentai lolz LOL
StaR_StrucK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote StaR_StrucK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 10:31am
Bleach, Claymore, D-Grayman, Viperscreed, Hellsing(Ultimate), Deathnote,Black Lagoon, G-gundam<-- the best there ever was Gundam wise :)
*~My KiNd Of NiGhT~*
1. Qtr Of Caps
2. 10 Strip Of Luci
3. 10pks Assorted GlowStix
4. Infected Mushroom
5. Good Friends
6. A Good Place To Lose My Face
*!Three Ladies Of My Life!*
Lucy,Mary,& Molly
N0SF3RATU View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2010 at 10:45am
Originally posted by GIO_2064

FIST OF THE NORTH STAR AND APPLE SEED WHERE MY FAV'S!!
how could i forget Fist Of The North Star Shocked 
shame on me Embarrassed
misfit44 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote misfit44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by M-Rox

HA HA
I had the same thing happen 2 me when i was a kid.
I went 2 rent some movies and saw they had new anime so i rented a
movie called La Blue Girl.Shocked safe 2 say i was never the same again. LOL
I didn't know they made such things and thankfully i saw it by my self and not with my family.
N0SF3RATU View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 1:33pm

i had that with "Urotsukidoji" (Legend Of the Overfiend)

OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 4:13pm
Rurouni Kenshin
Dragon Ball Z
Inuyasha
Naruto
Samurai Champloo
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
M1LF_N0SF3RATU View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote M1LF_N0SF3RATU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by OneMan1Army

Rurouni Kenshin
Dragon Ball Z
Inuyasha
Naruto
Samurai Champloo
aah yes Kenshin was great too Big smile
Man Liberation Front
OneMan1Army View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Rambo Style

Post Options Post Options   Quote OneMan1Army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by M1LF_N0SF3RATU

Originally posted by OneMan1Army

Rurouni KenshinDragon Ball ZInuyashaNarutoSamurai Champloo
aah yes Kenshin was great too Big smile

It's one of the best anime of all time.
"No words for my enemies yet I pray for them but I really have no energy"
dk3dknight View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote dk3dknight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 4:41pm
To me Universal Century Gundam's, followed by Berserk and Bastard!

Gundam Zeta

Berserk

Bastard

"In the end Rambal Ral forgot to fight", Rambal Ral
sickboogiemurder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote sickboogiemurder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 11:16am
Originally posted by HanFei

Akera was good, as also noted by it's cult following.

One of my favorites is the modern Paprika - It plays a lot with perception and reality.
I just downloaded this movie the other day, it was hella trippy.
HanFei View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote HanFei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2010 at 9:23pm
Hope you enjoyed it, either in whole or part. I really liked the music, as sampled in the trailer.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>