| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

CTF-Depot Beta 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CTF-Depot Beta 1
    Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 5:32am
Name: CTF-Depot

Version: Beta 1

Compatibility: UT3 (no titan pack required)

Description: I've spent the last 6 or 7 weeks constructing a like-ness of MP_Depot from the first gears of war. I hope everyone enjoys the reverse flag gameplay.

Screenshot:

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

Youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6pQci9rmZk

Credits: Epic games, me

Homepage: www.devmods.com

Download for PC now (114 mb):

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wdeouuhjynd

Download for PS3 now (114 mb):

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?v4z2xmj3kmo

It looks pretty awesome!
the size is too big for some details in the map.

--------------------------------------------------------------
this was a post from a guy on EpicGames:

Yeah, after seeing the map, I can understand why it is so big Wink

BTW, absolutely great job about your materials, it is well made. The only one that I feel is a bit to much reflective is the one on the ground in the hangar. Like the specular is set to high. All the rest is great Big Grin

The music is also very nice. I like the atmosphere very much.

Most of my feedback is gameplay / flow oriented,

Collisions need to be adjusted on those SM all around the map. I must jump to not collide :

This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Screenshot Tag.  Click to view the full version

BV are needed on those big SM :

The SM as no collision & there is nothing under ? Camping spot :

I found the map rather flat. There is no Z-axis fight at all which is imho not good. If you manage to add some items on containers the better.

The weapon locker are a left down for me & do not suit well imo. One of the weapon could be on the ground inside the hangar & the other one just a bit outside the hangar.

There is to much empty space between pickups (ammo / health) & even with 10 adept players I die most of the time in the middle of the map. I never score once damn it ! I suggest you add some ammo & vials a bit more between weapon base & also add some crate / containers to add a bit more cover.

I found the link gun weapon base rather odd that would be better placed elsewhere like in between the udamage / helicopter.

I also strongly suggest you add some armors, the vest / belt would be a good instead of the link. Helmet & tight would be also welcome between the flak / RL. It could be placed on / between containers or on the ground.

I also found that spot would be awesome for a super weapon like the redeemer or the sniper perhaps ?

Lastly, make sure players can't get out the play area Wink

A solid map you got there Big Grin

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Supreme_Venom View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Supreme_Venom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 6:16am

you made this? nice man.

Just don't to make it too complicated and too big. People tend to like the simple maps like Spoondogg, Reflect etc.
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2010 at 6:27am
mmm, nop venom, is not my work, i wanna do something like that. XD

i took the post from Epicgamesforum. was posted at 4/19th

:D

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
 Post Reply Post Reply