FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

IMPROVE VCTF

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IMPROVE VCTF
    Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 1:15pm
What are some ways that vctf can be improved? How can we get more people to like vctf? Do you think people would be interested in a vctf tourney or league?

improve vctf
stop parking tank and hellbender on the flag maybe?

Get more people to run the flag maybe?

Get more people playing
Stop pancaking footmode players so much maybe?

Teach footmode players some flag runs maybe?

Teach footmode players how to use the longbow maybe?

Teach duelers to use weapons other then just sniper and shock maybe?

A vctf tourney or league would be great if people would show up and play. it could even be a clan tourney or league.
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 1:19pm
my suggestion is for people to stop dropping spider mines in the enemy base.. its just retarded.. infact that weapon in general is awful
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 2:07pm
^^^^
they can b very useful if placed correctly...they can slow the enemy down and/or damage/destroy their vehicles which, as a flag runner, can give u maybe some extra time to slip away.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 2:56pm

?

obviously they are effective, they are just a cheap lame weapon anyhow.. require no work from the player yet provide a constant reward of kills.

dont i always hear vehicle players b****ing about spawn killing? so how is dropping a spider mine on a spawn all game cool ?
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 3:13pm
try getting the spidermines on SandStorm in a 8v8 on a UK host lol there like the golden egg of vctf. if you can get them and live to place them? your reward is about 5 or 6 kills. If you place them right you can help your Fury pilot and keep the campers buisy for a moment allowing you to snatch the flag. And when you have a Nemisis,Darkwalker and 4 campers shooting at the flag spidermines really help! putting them on spawnpoints is a waste! There's more strategic places to put them even on Necropolis.
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 3:20pm
TX said were u drop the SMs at so u can get away n yea its gay putting tank on the flag n other big cars on the flag but i always say "yea the person that puts cars on the flag has no skill but the flag runner that cant take it dont n grab the flag n go has lesser skills"...n to many campers r gay 2 but its realy nothing u can do about it right? but get ur kill spread n score that always worked out 4 me n my DGround TeAmBig smile
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

<FONT style=": #000000">?

obviously they are effective, they are just a cheap lame weapon anyhow.. require no work from the player yet provide a constant reward of kills.

dont i always hear vehicle players b****ing about spawn killing? so how is dropping a spider mine on a spawn all game cool ?

iv nvr seen spiders literally dropped on a player spawn, favorite spots in SS include shield vest/fury, jump boots, longbow tower 2nd & 3rd lvl, and redeemer. if u see spiders anywahere else, chance are the person was under attack and had 2 place them
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 3:51pm
not to mention spiders are generally easy to avoid even when its on the flag.
I think theyre fine in vctf, its a vehicle mode having them makes sense, even though some people use them like douches ... they just hurt their teams cause in a cheap move to score easy points
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 3:57pm
i only have acctually died from spider mines a few times.. a few matches they were hitting me to 5 h on necropolis quite often tho, and then i noticed someone on our team was placing them in the enemies spawn and they were dying left and right from the spiders

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 3:59pm
lol spider mines in DM-Ocean Relic FML!!!
ya they r a minor annoyance in VC, usually get dealt w/ asap
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

What are some ways that vctf can be improved? How can we get more people to like vctf? Do you think people would be interested in a vctf tourney or league?                                              improve vctfstop parking tank and hellbender on the flag maybe?Get more people to run the flag maybe?                             Get more people playingStop pancaking footmode players so much maybe?Teach footmode players some flag runs maybe?Teach footmode players how to use the longbow maybe?Teach duelers to use weapons other then just sniper and shock maybe?A vctf tourney or league would be great if people would show up and play. it could even be a clan tourney or league.

You right... but fu.ck you i stay with my shock and sniper :D
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 4:02pm

i only have acctually died from spider mines a few times.. a few matches they were hitting me to 5 h on necropolis quite often tho, and then i noticed someone on our team was placing them in the enemies spawn and they were dying left and right from the spiders
<FONT style=": #000000"> 

ah yes, i forgot about Necropolis...i don't like it, i guess the thing caught on tho cuz it happens more frequently now. but if u know they r there, its still relatively simple to avoid them. losn all that health is a b**** tho
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 5:33pm

I love to Pancake players, the sound and getting roadrage in Raptor is funny;-)

Spiders are a must in vctf... very funny with players like Warheart driving around with spiders on necro...
Nova View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 6:03pm
This game is awful without the custom content.

Nuff' Said.
XBL=GeNovaZ
PC=NovazZ
FehtalaTee View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
FehtalaTee

Post Options Post Options   Quote FehtalaTee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by F.u.k-shaker

Spiders are a must in vctf... very funny with players like Warheart driving around with spiders on necro...
im not trying 2 point any1 out or anything but( ^^^ ) but dont u hate when u grab the flag n kill like 5 or 6 dudes n ur about 2 score n FING Raptor comes down n "PANCAKE" n he messes up ur whole day...thats y my fav. in vctf is when u can talk to the other team n call them a jacka$$Big smile dont u agree shakerWink lol.....but another thing that is so fing stupid is when ur at sandstorm n the storm is taking place then the whole team starts spaming the flag with link rockets n so on...retarted!Dead
Me and Penguins about to go HAAAAAM!!
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 6:11pm

^^ true.

Same maps get old.
I can't see any servers that have custom maps.
I can only play custom maps in my host O_O.
But Drokun got them maps on his but for ctf.
jibba91 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote jibba91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Fehtalatee

im not trying 2 point any1 out or anything but( ^^^ ) but dont u hate when u grab the flag n kill like 5 or 6 dudes n ur about 2 score n FING Raptor comes down n "PANCAKE" n he messes up ur whole day...thats y my fav. in vctf is when u can talk to the other team n call them a jacka$$Big smile dont u agree shakerWink lol.....but another thing that is so fing stupid is when ur at sandstorm n the storm is taking place then the whole team starts spaming the flag with link rockets n so on...retarted!Dead
the person in the raptor was probably shaker soo that makes his day.
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 7:58pm

same here! i love to do it with the scavenger on NEcro and Corruption!

Corruption is the map for kill like a hunter! fuc.k yeahhhhh! there is no way to scape to my scavenger! many ppl don't like it but is fuc.king great that map! unvalanced but i'm happy to drive a scavenger.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by MikeyBrennan

^^ true.

Same maps get old.
I can't see any servers that have custom maps.
I can only play custom maps in my host O_O.
But Drokun got them maps on his but for ctf.

mmm, i hear that Devil's server has custom maps if i'm not wrong, but this server got 400 of PING, a lot of lag in the server. damn, anyway, sometimes i made a host with custom maps i got 39 custom maps total and just 23 installed at the moment i'm lazy to install the rest of VCTF so, the maximun player in my host are 8, cuz it can do to my connetion fall down.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 9:27pm
LOL. Yup. I lost my drive so ima go buy a Sony one.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

<FONT style=": #000000">?

iv nvr seen spiders literally dropped on a player spawn, favorite spots in SS include shield vest/fury, jump boots, longbow tower 2nd & 3rd lvl, and redeemer. if u see spiders anywahere else, chance are the person was under attack and had 2 place them

everytime i ever play suspense, necropolis, or sandstorm someone places spider mines on our spawn.
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2010 at 11:34pm

Honestly, I think that Spidermines should disappear quicker depending on how many people pass by.  I could be wrong, but they seem to last for a certain amount of time, not going away quicker when more people attract the spiders and either shaft (or kill them by other means) them or die.  However, I can only imagine how funny it must be to be walking along, then all of the sudden, an enemy Manta passes by but missed you.. then you hear that shriek of the spiders and.. dead..  Honestly though, in Necropolis or any other level with a Nightshade or Stealthbender, I'd much rather place them in the middle or on the two narrow pathways (where the Vipers roam) next to the base, right next to an EMP mine.

Oh, and I got another idea.. Four-Way VCTF!  Mass Confusion ftw! Big smile j/k

Actually, if that was the case, I'd rather it be like in TF2, where you can still score even when your flag/ intelligence is taken.  I actually do kind of miss hearing "Success!  You have secured the enemy intelligence." then "You failed!  The enemy has secured your intelligence." soon after.
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 12:59am
You really cant expect too improve VCTF much in public servers...Ppl will do as they plz since they paid for this game...If you really want to improve this mode organize games with locked servers & good players who know how too play this mode right.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 1:45am
@Tuna, u must b really unlucky then, especially if its happening to u in Suspense lol...i kid i kid, umm ya it does happen in Necro a bit but i rarely see it in SS on a player spawn
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 2:57am
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

You really cant expect too improve VCTF much in public servers...Ppl will do as they plz since they paid for this game...If you really want to improve this mode organize games with locked servers & good players who know how too play this mode right.

Exactly what Seifer said.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>