Forum Home Forum Home > MAG > MAG
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Free DLC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Free DLC
    Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 10:47pm
Zipper is releasing free DLC for MAG.

http://blog.mag.com/blog/
Got Pwned?

SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2010 at 11:03pm
I hope this trend keeps up. (the free part)  It's nice to see that somebody's supporting their game, beyond two mods.  One thing I'd like to see sometime in the future is more mods/ map variety.  Sorry, couldn't there be at least two maps for every gametype?  Anyhow, I'm going to try and work on actually getting to my next rank. (I'm Chief Tiger or something right now.)  I've been lazy/ on UT3 recently.  Just so you know, I'm hitting Valor next.  They seem more interesting than Raven, though I still like my SVER.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 11:40am
Nothing substantial here. They're throwing us some trinkets and hoping that will make us happy. Here's what we need: At least one additional map per mode, per PMC. Suppression (Deathmatch) versus rival PMCs with the ability to set up clan matches. Another game mode, maybe similar to capture the flag. The ability to keep getting skill points after you reach level 60 so that you can buy all the cool toys. The ability to carry more weight if you're a veteran who stays with their PMC. So get to work Zipper!!!
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 1:10pm
That sounds good as well.  By the way, I'm loving this new armor.  I usually get exhausted too quickly, even with the improved sprinting skill point because I'm usually wearing the heavy armor, but now I don't and I get to my teammates and heal them even more now.  I love that I can actually reach some just in time now, instead of reaching them too late.  It makes healing teammates in Suppression so much easier now.  I even had a few positive k/d matches for once.
Buzzin Fr0g View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

Post Options Post Options   Quote Buzzin Fr0g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2010 at 6:24pm
Suppression? Go play COD guys. Real men play Domination.  As for the maps, I'd like to see people actually learn how to play the ones we have; adding more will only lead to even more frustration when dealing with randoms.
Got Pwned?

BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 3:21pm
I do like the double XP, March 25 - 28. I was about to switch back to Valor but I may go to Raven, do some fast lelveling up, then go back to Valor. I just got to remember not to pick up the soap while I'm with Raven.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2010 at 7:30pm
I'm going to try and be on every one of those nights, so I can rank up quickly and go over to Valor.  Well, after a decent amount of matches with every skill I want.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 9:43am
Well I got flash-banged for the first time last night and to tell you the truth, I really was not impressed. It happened while I was charging the objective. BANG! I was blind. But I didn't panic. I just held down the fire button and killed three of the enemy. That probably would not have happened if I could of seen. I also got flash-banged while repairing. What a waste of a grenade. You don't have to see to repair. So my opinion on the flash-bang grenades. DEAD WEIGHT!!!
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2010 at 12:08pm
Well, at least people might finally slow down on the poison gas grenades.  I swear, that's pretty much all I see for the most part.  I mean, grenades are used a lot to, but I see the smoke from them at least five to six times a match and I never really see smoke grenades in action.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 4:06pm
There's more free DLC out today in the PSN store and double XP weekend also starts today.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2010 at 5:34pm
Hmm.. I've been bored with the game recently, especially since the Suppression room took forever and it was still only half full last night.  I left my clan because I felt like I was dead-weight, since I was so inactive, let alone on MAG.  If the content is good enough, I might give it another go tonight.  I still kind of want to Vet over to Valor more than simply switch and lose all progress. (43 atm)
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 11:37am
The DLC is an upgrade of the 600cc armor that only costs you 400cc. And there is a sniper rifle upgrade but I'm not sniping at this time so not sure what it is.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 9:32pm
I don't know about the other PMCs' Snipers, but I've tried it and there's a trade off, unlike the upgraded heavy machine gun.  It doesn't cost more, but it sacrifices one area for another.  For SVER, I think it's less stable (or maybe that was accurate), but shoots faster.  I could be wrong though.  I've only used it two or three times.  Popped two Raven guys' heads before switching back to my nooby heavy machine gun.  The only gun I enjoy more than my VIA is Valor's guns, which I regularly steal when I kill them.  I don't like Raven's guns at all and therefore, when I hit vet in about 12 ranks, I'm not even going to bother.  What irony.
 Post Reply Post Reply