Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > General Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Who Believes in Ghost ???

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>
Author
[qM]
[qM]

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Who Believes in Ghost ???
    Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Hey_Look_its_Trendy

Originally posted by BuMrUsH

Originally posted by Blackfang

im not tryna restart the arguement but my first statement is absolute truth.

Not trying to be a d1ck, but what evidence do you have to support your claim that we WILL find out. There is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of a God or of life after death. My problem is that people seem to take pride in their ability to believe in something without any sort of evidence at all. How can you be proud of your own willingness to believe in anything? I just don't get it......

Faith. Like every other religion has. The point where you have to go out on a limb. 

I saw something yesterday though. On some channel, It was about the exodus. The researchers, scientists, historians, etc..wanted to uncover the truth about the exodus and red sea. 

They did too, they had facts and reasons of how all that stuff could have happened. pretty cool documentary. 

Yeah, but everything they used to explain it turned everything into a natural occurrence rather than a biblical miracle, which defeats the purpose of the story and God's involvement in the first place. Also, there is zero record outside the bible of Jews ever being in Egypt and no Jewish artifacts have been found along their supposed route or in Egypt. They supposedly wandered the desert for 40 years, surely they would have left something behind.

i dont study all of this.. but i do recall the jews being very poor and having barely any posessions.. so i doubt they had many metal artifacts to leave behind that would have lasted 1000's of years to be discovered.. when they got to jerusalem they started to build.. and plenty of artifacts have been found in that area.

im no expert.. so i could be wrong
Hey_Look_its_Trendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

Not trying to be a d1ck, but what evidence do you have to support your claim that we WILL find out. There is no evidence whatsoever for the existence of a God or of life after death. My problem is that people seem to take pride in their ability to believe in something without any sort of evidence at all. How can you be proud of your own willingness to believe in anything? I just don't get it......

Faith. Like every other religion has. The point where you have to go out on a limb. 

I saw something yesterday though. On some channel, It was about the exodus. The researchers, scientists, historians, etc..wanted to uncover the truth about the exodus and red sea. 

They did too, they had facts and reasons of how all that stuff could have happened. pretty cool documentary. 

Yeah, but everything they used to explain it turned everything into a natural occurrence rather than a biblical miracle, which defeats the purpose of the story and God's involvement in the first place. Also, there is zero record outside the bible of Jews ever being in Egypt and no Jewish artifacts have been found along their supposed route or in Egypt. They supposedly wandered the desert for 40 years, surely they would have left something behind.

i dont study all of this.. but i do recall the jews being very poor and having barely any posessions.. so i doubt they had many metal artifacts to leave behind that would have lasted 1000's of years to be discovered.. when they got to jerusalem they started to build.. and plenty of artifacts have been found in that area.

One of the most prevalent supplies left behind by ancient peoples is clay pottery and crude cooking utensils, which were almost never metal.
Islanders fan, huh? Team of the future I always say.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 2:34pm
well i didnt mean to put much emphasis on metal.. what i meant was i doubt they had much of anything, and arent jews shrewd? why would they leave something behind :)

in general though.. i dont think many artifacts or ancient supplies that are found in countries like egypt or anywhere for that matter are found where people travelled.. mostly just where they settled.

ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 2:34pm
you have to see for yourself ultimately trendy. You will never know something works until you try it.
that being said, if I'm wrong than big whoop.
I lived a moral life, I showed respect and honor to my fellow man. I lived a life of integrity.
but to the unbeliever what happens?
and truly it's not God sending that person to hell, it's their own decision.
basically if you want to reason it's Pascal's wager
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 2:37pm
i dont wanna see non believers go to hell.. but i do think its annoying how some atheists act.. alot of them will act as if christians are beating down their doors and having some big effect on their life.

i am christian.. but i can honestly say outside of the times ive been to church and the few times a jehovas witness bothered me.. i cannot in my 27 years recall a christian ever bugging me about his religion or annoying me.. i dont know i guess its diffrent for people living in the bible belt but really i hate how atheists make themselves out to be victimized by christians

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 2:48pm
Pascals wager is a complete cop out. Let's just assume for the sake of argument that God exists, if you truly believe in him and follow his teachings then good for you, you go to heaven. But, if I take the Pascals wager option and simply say I believe when deep down I have doubts, then whats the point? God is supposedly Omniscient and Omnipotent so therefore he would already know my true beliefs and that I was lying (which is also a sin). Pascal's wager simply doesn't work.  
ax412 View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM
Duel Champ

Post Options Post Options   Quote ax412 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 2:49pm
i feel you, when you get a revelation what hell is you dont want anyone to go.
i personally feel its like this most people need help now, in other words what can Jesus do for me now?
heaven can wait and thankfully Christ came so we could have life (on earth) and have it more abundantly.

getting back to the first point God obviously loves everyone however theres 3 major points.

1. God is Love.
2. God is Holy.
3. God has integrity.

hell meant for the devil and his angels. (no one else)
they were the originators of sin they knew what they were doing as they had been with God.
man on the other hand was deceived.

Now why didnt God stop this if he knows all things?

God is integrity. God knows all things but not all things are ordained by Him.
If he interupted everytime someone was going to sin #1 he'd have a 24/7 job, #2 he would violate that being's will. His integrity allows for you to ultimately make the decision.
Would you want your spouse to love you because they wanted to?
Or would u rather them love you because they had no other choice.
If that were the case we'd all be robots.

Now the love of God provided redemption and a way of escape. But hes not going to force it upon anyone. He told the Jews to choose life and after Jesus he hopes we would choose life.

and ive never been bothered by Christians either but there those few that speak of nothing but hellfire.

yeaaaa He died so we could miss hell but its so much more than that.

in regards to Pascal"s wager i get what your saying but in order to "test" the faith u have to fully commit to it so yeah the doubts would screw u over.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 2:53pm

i dont wanna see non believers go to hell.. but i do think its annoying how some atheists act.. alot of them will act as if christians are beating down their doors and having some big effect on their life.

i am christian.. but i can honestly say outside of the times ive been to church and the few times a jehovas witness bothered me.. i cannot in my 27 years recall a christian ever bugging me about his religion or annoying me.. i dont know i guess its diffrent for people living in the bible belt but really i hate how atheists make themselves out to be victimized by christians

I've never complained about being "victimized" or anything like that. I completely agree with you, a lot of Atheists do use that card quite a bit and it's rather annoying. My only complaints have been when religion enters into politics and public education, I have a huge problem with that.
SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 2:56pm
i know what you mean Deadaim..Christians do get a bad rap by atheists...they get annoyed instantly if anyony even mentions religion.

ive never had anyone pester me about religion either and ive lived in the bible belt my whole life.

i do feel bad for the non believers though hell aint no joke
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 2:57pm

well i agree.. religion should stay out of politics and public education.. the only thing i dont mind and i know alot of atheists hate it is the pledge of allegiance.. but for the most part i believe our country was founded on freedom of religion so no 1 religion should be part of our countries politics.

and yes i know thats contradicting
A-R_siIIyy View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote A-R_siIIyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 3:40pm
watched a funny ghost story on TV, this single old lady was hearing noises for months & stuff went missing like her tv,,turns out it was stoner teenagers living in her attic for MONTHS! lol
you want lobster? huh,im thinkin burger king
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by A-R_siIIyy

watched a funny ghost story on TV, this single old lady was hearing noises for months & stuff went missing like her tv,,turns out it was stoner teenagers living in her attic for MONTHS! lol

haha.. what was the show called? i would love to see this sounds hilarious
A-R_siIIyy View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote A-R_siIIyy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 3:51pm
its called urban legends
you want lobster? huh,im thinkin burger king
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 4:07pm
Religion serves a purpose by keeping the general populations "in line". Without it we would have total chaos. The problem occurs when these religions get too powerful and try to impose their beliefs on others. I mean come on, if your religion is so great wouldn't people be knocking down the door to join?
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 4:17pm
some 2.5billion people are christian.. and there are 2billion are muslims.. apparently some doors were knocked down

but i do agree i believe religions are used to keep people in line.. but at the same time i think its just as sheepish for someone to not do something because they think its non conforming.

my beliefs on god arent restricted to the bible, or any church.. i consider myself christian and i believe in god.. all i believe god wants from me is to live my life.. when people use church as a means of controlling people or telling people how to live thats wrong.

for example.. islam has alot of things within that greatly benefit the male and control the female.. i dont think god would of wanted us to be enslaved by a religion. we are all equal..

christianity has its issues, alot of people bring up the crusades.. which alot of historians have diffrent takes on. Of course the roman catholic church and the priests molesting little boys is absolutely disgusting.

but not to go to far off topic or offend anyone to much.. but my point is i believe in religion.. but not enough to do any sort of cultish or cultural change on my life.. i find it very sad how muslims live their lives and it does make me question christianity as a cult aswell.. but in the end i dont see them as equals as far as how they operate.. most people that do are atheists that want to make chrisitianity look bad.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 4:55pm

you do know that they didn't find Jerusalem, right? they murdered thousands of people and took that whole area over.. when they attacked Jericho they literally killed every single living creature that lived within those walls. plus that was during the bronze age so they had no metal artifacts to leave behind XD
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

SIZZLE View Drop Down
Team oOPS
Team oOPS

I'm your huckle berry

Post Options Post Options   Quote SIZZLE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 4:59pm
i think some examples of wrong doing in the name of god is rediculous...were humans not devine beings...just because some things are done by people calling themselves Christians doesn't mean the religion itself is bad or fake.

people will always fail because its a standard that humans can't achieve...hence the need for forgiveness
sHoCkD_Yo_aSs is a novice bot
SP61gTSupra View Drop Down
Team TRU
Team TRU

Splash with me!

Post Options Post Options   Quote SP61gTSupra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 5:09pm
lolz, look up omni-max god, and see the contradictions!
Pepsi puppies get more puppy pussy.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by uc SYZYGY uc

i know what you mean Deadaim..Christians do get a bad rap by atheists...they get annoyed instantly if anyony even mentions religion.

ive never had anyone pester me about religion either and ive lived in the bible belt my whole life.

i do feel bad for the non believers though hell aint no joke

lol where do you live? because i live in the true bible belt and this **** sucks! i was raised Catholic and you have no idea what kind of **** baptists would say to me haha. someone seriously told me in highschool that i was going to hell because i was catholic... kids teasing and telling me that catholics are evil blahhh. i got into a fight one time when i was 13 because a kid kept telling me i worship mary.

i don't believe in God and it is very annoying to have people come up to you and try to convert you. it's like when you tell them no they make it a point to keep trying. one of the first questions i was asked at my new job two weeks ago was if i was a christian and when i said no he acted like i was on my death bed. i guess people have different perspectives on religion because of location.

edit: my post just seemed so negative.. it's not like i get harassed by christians lol but it does happen sometimes
- Best Coast

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 5:17pm

i think some examples of wrong doing in the name of god is rediculous...were humans not devine beings...just because some things are done by people calling themselves Christians doesn't mean the religion itself is bad or fake.

people will always fail because its a standard that humans can't achieve...hence the need for forgiveness

What besides religion could motivate someone to hijack a plane and drive it into a building? Everyone can pick out their favorite instance of religious driven hatred that honestly couldn't be attributed to anything else besides their fanatical ideals. There are passages in the bible, koran, and torah that all permit religious purification and violence. Face it, religion is holding us back as a species.

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 5:21pm

What besides religion could motivate someone to hijack a plane and drive it into a building? Everyone can pick out their favorite instance of religious driven hatred that honestly couldn't be attributed to anything else besides their fanatical ideals. There are passages in the bible, koran, and torah that all permit religious purification and violence. Face it, religion is holding us back as a species.

bingo

- Best Coast

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by XxXDEATHXxX101

Originally posted by env_1ner

first of all i know some ppl would problably laught about what im about to say,and others will have maybe had an experience like im about to tell you. so last night it was around 1 in the morning and i just  couldnt go to sleep. and all of a sudden i felt that someone grabbed both of my hands and held them together and used the other hand to get me by the neck. and this is a true story, it happend to me last night. my gf and baby were both sleeping and i was trying to move my whole body and i couldnt. i tried to scream so my gf would some how make everything go away. i couldnt i turn my head around and i saw a person with evil eyes looking at me, he had a red face, long hair and i coulnt see him straight.. i was completely paralyed. i dont know what it was, but im sure there was someone in my house. i ended up moving my hand and i touched my gf hand but she never woke up. he left after a minute i woke up my gf right after. that minute lasted more than an hour for me at the moment. that is my experience. u can belive or not, i just hope it never happens to anyone else.
so theres this thing that happens to alot of people where they are asleep and there brain is waking up but other parts of the brain are still not active. this gives the vision of things in your dream in reality and also the inability to move as well.  I HAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN B4, but i knew what it was when it was over with.  alot of people think when this happens its ghosts or alien abuctions.  its true an you can look it up.  the brain goes through steps when falling asleep and waking but its rare when it happens that it skips steps or awakes outta order but it does happen. 

okay, i have had this happen to me a few times and i think it's ridiculous that they try to explain alien abduction with sleep paralysis... and ev1_ner, you had sleep paralysis, bro. it's scary when it's never happened to you before so i understand why you would think someone held you down
- Best Coast

Fatal1st View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA

Rican's Ho

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fatal1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 6:26pm
time for the resident existentialst to chip in. i personal believe we are all born absolutely free. in a godless world we make our own choices, we shape the world. if the world isnt how you like it, change it. if you don't like who you are, change yourself. if you don't like the rules, make new ones.

every choice we make is our own. why enslave ourselves and make it someone elses? if you want to deny your absolute freedom, then follow someone elses morality i.e god.

in a godless world there is no right or wrong, we live beyond good and evil. i guess some people can't take the responsibility of absolute radical freedom.

if that means im going to hell for creating my own moralistic philosophy rather than buying into someone elses then so be it.

i prefer to live my life by making choices as if i am a god, rather than following one.

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Fatal1st

time for the resident existentialst to chip in. i personal believe we are all born absolutely free. in a godless world we make our own choices, we shape the world. if the world isnt how you like it, change it. if you don't like who you are, change yourself. if you don't like the rules, make new ones.

every choice we make is our own. why enslave ourselves and make it someone elses? if you want to deny your absolute freedom, then follow someone elses morality i.e god.

in a godless world there is no right or wrong, we live beyond good and evil. i guess some people can't take the responsibility of absolute radical freedom.

if that means im going to hell for creating my own moralistic philosophy rather than buying into someone elses then so be it.

i prefer to live my life by making choices as if i am a god, rather than following one.

i wouldn't say you created your own philosophy XD. that's pretty much basic Atheism :D

- Best Coast

Fatal1st View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA

Rican's Ho

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fatal1st Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2010 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by TuNA FISh

Originally posted by Fatal1st

time for the resident existentialst to chip in. i personal believe we are all born absolutely free. in a godless world we make our own choices, we shape the world. if the world isnt how you like it, change it. if you don't like who you are, change yourself. if you don't like the rules, make new ones. every choice we make is our own. why enslave ourselves and make it someone elses? if you want to deny your absolute freedom, then follow someone elses morality i.e god. in a godless world there is no right or wrong, we live beyond good and evil. i guess some people can't take the responsibility of absolute radical freedom. if that means im going to hell for creating my own moralistic philosophy rather than buying into someone elses then so be it.i prefer to live my life by making choices as if i am a god, rather than following one.
i wouldn't say you created your own philosophy XD. that's pretty much basic Atheism :D

lol, im not saying i created existentialism. im saying that i decide what i want my personal morality will be every day when i make the choices that affect my life. my own morality is an individual to me as my fingerprints.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 10>