| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Custom Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Tutorial for PS3 Map Cooking

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tutorial for PS3 Map Cooking
    Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 12:41pm
hey DaFrog, here is the tutorial about how to cook PC maps for PS3 version.

i don't have a great PC for use UTEditor, well see it.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
WOPR-1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote WOPR-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 8:39pm
Good post.  I copied the content from the EPIC post here just so we'll always have it if it ever goes away on their forum. 

All credit for the below writeup goes to D4rkW4rr10r at the EPIC forum.

PS3 Cooking Tutorials:

Category 1: Map Cooking:Good find on this post, I know one day I'll use this. 

Things you will need:
-Unreal Tournament 3 for PC patched to version 1.1
-PS3 Mod Tools
-an unpublished map (non-cooked, the type of map-file you get when you save in the UnrealTournament3Editor)

If u don't have an unpublished map, take the one from this thread (it's the one I'll use in this tutorial):

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...or+open+others

1. Copy the map you want to cook to "x:\documents and settings\<your username>\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps". I copied DM-Leviathan.ut3 to that path because I'll use it for the tutorial.

2. Execute UnrealFrontend, which is located under "x:\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries".

3. Select everything as shown in the picture.

4. Under "Maps" input the name of the map you want to cook, without the file extension. I wrote in DM-Leviathan because it is the map I'll cook for the tutorial.

5. Hit the "Cook" button. Then Input a name for your mod and hit "OK". I wrote "DM-LeviathanPS3". The name you input here is later shown at the "My content" list on the PS3 after you've imported your mod.

6. Wait till the cooking process is completed (It can take several minutes). Ignore errors or warnings corresponding to "A_Vehicle_Stealthbender" or "VH_StealthBender" in the case you get any.

7. Click on the blue link. A folder will pop up.

8. Open "PS3-UTGame.ini".

9. Make sure everything is set/named like in the picture.

10. Go back to UnrealFrontend and click "OK".

11. Select a place to save in the upcoming dialog box and hit "OK".

12. Go to the place you just chose. You should now see a new folder named "PS3".

13. Compress the folder "PS3" and distribute it online.
14. Close UnrealFrontend.

If you own a PS3 you can also copy the folder onto the root of a flash media and import the mod you made into Unreal Tournament 3 to check if it works.

I hope that this tutorial will help some people to cook their maps for PS3.

Other tutorials to come:
-Cooking Game Types for PS3
-Cooking Character Parts for PS3

Other tutorials to read:
-PS3 Mutator Cooking
None of you seem to understand...I'm not locked in here with you, YOU'RE locked in here with ME!!--Rorschach
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2010 at 8:44pm
jejeje nice one Wopr Jr, i thought the same but i was tired, XD
yeah, my bad, if i got a great PC i can do something about, but i can't at the moment.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
 Post Reply Post Reply