| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > MAG > MAG Clan Base (All Factions) > Team VAG General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Technical Difficulties...help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
Rescue One

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote medic573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Technical Difficulties...help
    Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 8:47am
Ok, So I got MAG when it released and played up until about 4 days ago (on both my home ps3 and work ps3) without issue.  All of a sudden, MAG freezes up my ps3 at home.  Usually after a match and just before the MVP screen.  Everything goes black and I have to totally restart ps3.  All other games work on system.  This doesnt happen on ps3 at work. 

Home ps3= 120 gig release edition (with the 4 usb ports and lift up front with 3 different memory card slots)

Work ps3= 40 gig refurb from EB games.

Any thoughts?????
Tons of memory left on both ps3's

PS....I'll be at Lvl 60 by the end of today.  Yes I'm at work.
GrecoISU View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote GrecoISU Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 9:04am
Looks like you may have to do a system restore on the 120g if it keeps freezing.
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 10:54am
Congrats on Level 60!!!! Mine only freezes on the Domination screen (VALOR map) right before the game starts. Too much info being loaded I think. But that wouldn't be the case at the end of a game. 
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 1:53pm
Not 100% sure coz I don't play MAG however it could be something to do with your router? If the game is starting I doubt its the ps3.

Have you tried using your ps3 by taking it into work?
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 2:37pm
I have endless respawn problems with MAG.  It has gotten to the point that I don't even play acquisiton or domination now, since even committing suicide won't work in bunkers or vehicles. 

Basically if I am in a APC and it gets destroyed while I am in respawn counter waiting to spawn in it - I become locked out in endless respawn loop.  If I choose to paradrop or helicopter spawn and they get their AA back up my camera stays on the plane/chopper until it flies off the map, and I can't respawn - just watch the battle from my POV out of the map.  And if someone plants a charge on a bunker that I respawn from - even if we defuse it - I can't spawn.  The little yellow respawn here icon pops up, but the "press O to spawn" prompt is gone and I can't spawn even if I suicide. 

So I just play Sabotage - knowing that I will have to suicide at least 3-4 times to fix my spawn.  Basically I've found out that when waiting to respawn and you click "choose spawn location" if it doesn't let you click and choose - just suicide and you will spawn in 20 more seconds
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 2:38pm
Yeah Dan is correct, in UT3 my router freezes it everytime, won't let u do nothing. I can go unplug the router and plug it staright into the dsl modem and boom the game unfreezes and no problems. I say its ur router acting with it and not the PS3.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
INCReMENTAL View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG
pus i tap - i tap pus

Post Options Post Options   Quote INCReMENTAL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 2:42pm
Wow I'm having no issues at all with MAG. Sorry to hear that man.
Currently playing MAG nightly with Wopr, we be owning on SVER n the EF CLAN. UT3 got boring, no competition, nothing else to prove, qM got dat **** on lock.
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by GOW_KillinUGood

I have endless respawn problems with MAG.  It has gotten to the point that I don't even play acquisiton or domination now, since even committing suicide won't work in bunkers or vehicles. 

Basically if I am in a APC and it gets destroyed while I am in respawn counter waiting to spawn in it - I become locked out in endless respawn loop.  If I choose to paradrop or helicopter spawn and they get their AA back up my camera stays on the plane/chopper until it flies off the map, and I can't respawn - just watch the battle from my POV out of the map.  And if someone plants a charge on a bunker that I respawn from - even if we defuse it - I can't spawn.  The little yellow respawn here icon pops up, but the "press O to spawn" prompt is gone and I can't spawn even if I suicide. 

So I just play Sabotage - knowing that I will have to suicide at least 3-4 times to fix my spawn.  Basically I've found out that when waiting to respawn and you click "choose spawn location" if it doesn't let you click and choose - just suicide and you will spawn in 20 more seconds

I haven't had any of these problems yet.  Hopefully, they fix these issues soon because they sound kind of game-breaking.  I'd sure be pissed if I suddenly couldn't respawn anymore, because the other team just doing their objectives.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by INCReMENTAL

Yeah Dan is correct, in UT3 my router freezes it everytime, won't let u do nothing. I can go unplug the router and plug it staright into the dsl modem and boom the game unfreezes and no problems. I say its ur router acting with it and not the PS3.

Only guessed that because BFBC used to freeze constantly on my home ps3... :(

MAG sounds pretty amazing, wish it had come out a little earlier :(
medic573 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Rescue One

Post Options Post Options   Quote medic573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 4:41pm
If it wasnt freezing at the same spot every time then I would consider the router......but I cant see my router freezing up the exact time every time.......but I'm open to any options.......what is this system restore that you speak of and what info will I lose if I perform it???????
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by medic573

If it wasnt freezing at the same spot every time then I would consider the router......but I cant see my router freezing up the exact time every time.......but I'm open to any options.......what is this system restore that you speak of and what info will I lose if I perform it???????

It could be when a certain type of information is transferred the router rejects it. Just try your ps3 on someone else's wireless first. Then at least you have the easiest option eliminated.
medic573 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Rescue One

Post Options Post Options   Quote medic573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2010 at 8:20pm
good thoughts.....ill give it a try      thanx dan
 Post Reply Post Reply