| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Clan Base > Team Deep General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DEEP dive into MAG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DEEP dive into MAG
    Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Mr-Pa1n

Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

Pa1n has quit his job and dumped his girlfriend and has devoted his life to MW2 Domination.

Whaaaaat?
i´m at work atm.....lol........the second part?????
and i´ve been playin mw2 cuz 4 me itz awesome,i have many friends there to play with
ut3 got boring as hell,always the same people b****in and moaning bout everything
i´ll still play in clan matches but hopefully those servers with baaaaaad ping will get better
u guyz didn´t even give mw2 a chance,at first itz very boring but when u do at least a prestige u´ll understand the fun of the game
as 4 mag idk......saw some footage but it didn´t convince me

I'm only kidding Pa!n! ... I know what you mean about UT3 though ... Ill still play clan matches but the public servers are just plain absurd.

I gave MW2 some serious playing time, (I pre ordered it and got it on the release date!) I will continue to do so. Now that the MAG beta is over Ill play it more until the MAG release if I don't like it still Ill use it as a trade in for MAG.

Pa1N if you like MW2 you will LOVE MAG!  I was addicted to the beta Demo like I was addicted to UT3 when  it first came out. I never got that feeling with MW2.

Playing MW2 is like wearing a cheap suit.
Playing MAG is like wearing a hand tailored silk Armani.

Mr-Pa1n View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Count

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr-Pa1n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Danjel8

Pa1n has quit his job and dumped his girlfriend and has devoted his life to MW2 Domination.

Whaaaaat?
and i´ve been playin mw2 cuz 4 me itz awesome,i have many friends there to play with
ut3 got boring as hell,always the same people b****in and moaning bout everything
i´ll still play in clan matches but hopefully those servers with baaaaaad ping will get better
u guyz didn´t even give mw2 a chance,at first itz very boring but when u do at least a prestige u´ll understand the fun of the game

lol I think he was just trying to say u play mw2 a lot ;)

And I'd agree, they probably didn't give mw2 a chance. I hated the orignal mw... but I stuck with this despite getting ****d. 

If MAG is so much better they probably would have released it much earlier than this.

dan ur one of the few that understands how mw2 is fun,
we have so many modes and so many  DIFFERENT people there
i can still have fun playin it by myself but i only see deep guyz playin free for all and tdm
the harcore is the mode with more campers and i play it and have fun
Mr-Pa1n View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Count

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr-Pa1n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:47pm

Whaaaaat?

I'm only kidding Pa!n! ... I know what you mean about UT3 though ... Ill still play clan matches but the public servers are just plain absurd.

I gave MW2 some serious playing time, (I pre ordered it and got it on the release date!) I will continue to do so. Now that the MAG beta is over Ill play it more until the MAG release if I don't like it still Ill use it as a trade in for MAG.

Pa1N if you like MW2 you will LOVE MAG!  I was addicted to the beta Demo like I was addicted to UT3 when  it first came out. I never got that feeling with MW2.

looooooool,
u guyz dont understand
i dont play so much mw2 cuz of the game
i like the game but i love the people who play it with me
they have become like brothers to me,they´re funny as hell and push me to be a better player as they´re teaching me details of the game
if i see enough people to have fun in mag i might buy it
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:56pm

Whaaaaat?

looooooool,
u guyz dont understand
i dont play so much mw2 cuz of the game
i like the game but i love the people who play it with me
they have become like brothers to me,they´re funny as hell and push me to be a better player as they´re teaching me details of the game
if i see enough people to have fun in mag i might buy it

I hear what youre saying my friend. At the end of the day thats the most important thing ... that youre having fun.

It doesnt matter the game.

Im the last person that will start a 'religious wa'r around which game is better than which ... it's a matter of personal preference.

I do know that several DEEP guys who got MW2 were left a bit disappointed (Ether, Necro and I)
I downloaded the MAG demo with a lot of skepticisim ... I honestly thought I would hate it.
The only reason I downloaded was that I was watching a basketball game and since it was a huge download I figured why not download a free Beta on the last day it was offered while I watched a basketball game on TV

I expected to hate it and BOY was I WRONG!!!

all im saying is a lot of people are crapping on MAG and havn't even played it.

I bought MW2 on the release date, Ive played the MAG beta DEMO, I feel like I can make a relatively objective call rather than some knee jerk emotional "MAG is $hit MW2 is the nirvana" garbage.

any way I started this thread for those of us in DEEP who are looking to play together
but were left short changed by MW2.

ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:57pm
but im there so is inc wopr cokkenballs mr fluffy come on we b the kool peepz
Mr-Pa1n View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Count

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr-Pa1n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 1:09pm
i´ll wait till the release and see the feedback from my friends and some reviews on the game...
as for mw2 i never saw more than 2 deep guyz in a party
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

yup some of the UT3's best are going to MAG, that says a lot!
Also Pa1n, as a warfare player, youll find MAG very interesting as it has some striking similarities to
Ut3 WF.

In Sabotage, the attacking team has to capture and destroy two nodes before a third is unlocked. Then capture and destroy the third to win. You have to read your map and work as a team.

Sound familiar? think linking 2 nodes before destroying the core ... not entirely the same but you get my drift.

I'll see you in MW2 tonight Pa!n ;)
Mr-Pa1n View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Count

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr-Pa1n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 1:26pm

Originally posted by ReverendCrow

yup some of the UT3's best are going to MAG, that says a lot!
Also Pa1n, as a warfare player, youll find MAG very interesting as it has some striking similarities to
Ut3 WF.

In Sabotage, the attacking team has to capture and destroy two nodes before a third is unlocked. Then capture and destroy the third to win. You have to read your map and work as a team.

Sound familiar? think linking 2 nodes before destroying the core ... not entirely the same but you get my drift.

I'll see you in MW2 tonight Pa!n ;)

niiiiiice.....get some of the other guyz in deep and we´ll have a blast
u guyz never did a private free for all knife only game
that´s just awesome
SilverJ-17 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 1:53pm
I'm thinking about making this either my next PS3 game or my next one after getting Borderlands.  I just now Brawl for the Wii, so I actually have something to play besides LoZ or Wii Sports (which isn't much of a game and not even a real game in some people's eyes) and it's online.  Honestly, I wrote off both games as "boring war games" at first, but I after hearing some of the chatter and reading up on it, I think I might change my mind.  I'm not much of a fan of realistic war games, but I might be willing to give MAG a try and maybe even MW2. (I might rent it.)  Even for me, UT3 is getting boring.. even if I only play it every now and then. (with exceptions being like the last couple days)

P.S. If I ever rejoin Deep, it's going to be through another game because I'm not too much of a fan of UT3 clan matches anymore.  Part of the reason I left was because I was tired of them and didn't want to be dead weight as I took my leave.  Sure enough, after some time, I decided I didn't want to go back to them anytime soon.  Some of them took too long to get set up, some never happened, and I sometimes felt like I had to play when I didn't feel like it.  Actually, I've grown to like CTF and loathe VCTF, but err.. never mind.  I don't know where people get that camping is worse in CTF.  I've seen far more camping in VCTF, especially in Suspense, with its annoying ass Avril tower campers and keg snipers.

I agree that too many people complain.  The only gun I consider cheap is the Flak Cannon.  I might mumble about Rockets and Link, but the UT3 Flak is the king of the cheap ass, overpowered weapons.  It's strengths far outweigh it's weaknesses.  At times, I feel that it should be a Vehicle-mode only weapon, since its weaknesses are apparent there. (most vehicles don't die even nearly as fast yourself getting a flak ball to the face or flak from behind)

Edit: Lol at "Deep Dive"..  I know.. I know.. I'm aware I'm a KHf**.
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 12:52pm
Yeah but why should the flak be cheap? I agree that it's over powered, but so what! There should be only TWO things that people should b1tch about. That should be, spawn killing and glitching... That's it! This whole flak/rocket/link spam camping sh1t complaining has got to go!
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Ppareja76

Yeah but why should the flak be cheap? I agree that it's over powered, but so what! There should be only TWO things that people should b1tch about. That should be, spawn killing and glitching... That's it! This whole flak/rocket/link spam camping sh1t complaining has got to go!
you're so deluded papa the only acceptable weapon is the enforcer, if and only if, your not on a hoverboard. everything else is garbage.
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 1:18pm
hahahahahahaha! So I take it that double enforcers are unacceptable?
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 1:19pm
I was thinking about adding this to what I said in Idiot of the day, just so this can stay on topic about a game that's not UT3, but oh well.  It fits more to address it here and I'm not making another thread complaining about to telling people not to complain about certain weapons, because it's pretty much all been said and done.  Flak's okay in the non-killing modes such as CTF, VCTF, Warfare, and to an extent, Greed.  It's a good replacement for an Avril in some cases, especially for smaller vehicles and quite frankly, the main point of those modes is stop the (flag/ orb/ skull) runner at all costs.  If a guy's got 50 - 100 skulls and is about to score, why wouldn't you use the weapon that you feel will mostly stop him dead in his tracks?

In killing modes, the weakness of damaging and possibly killing is usually far offset by its strengths.  I'll use flak when others do or use it when I'm desperate/ pissed, but I won't use it most of time because I don't want to win the DM match because I flak sniped people from behind and get Mega Kills simply because lob flak balls into a group of people fighting.  I'd prefer to earn it.  There's really nothing wrong with others using the flak, but my person preference is usually to not use it.  The point of my original post and the one in idiot of the day was to point out that Flak the closest thing to cheap in UT3.  No other weapon comes close imo, hence the "King" title.  I can think of possible weaknesses to even link spamming a node or large vehicle much easier than I can with the flak in general.

La-men's terms or whatever, me hating on the flak is more of a personal preference and pointing out that it's far more unbalanced than the other so-called cheap weapons.

Edit: Until Fluffy posted, I almost went back to posting in Idiot of the Day.

I'll try to stop talking off-topic now.

EDIT:
I'm not complaining about weapons.  I'm complaining about people who complain about weapons.  I'm sorry if my wording sucks, but that's what it was meant to be.  Lol.. the funny thing about most of these people is they're f***ing hypocrites, who will defend using/ spamming the Flak Cannon, but denounce the Link or Core spamming, which tends to be a lot less dangerous at times.  *sigh*  People have their priorities though.  Some use hitscan.  Some use the biggest most powerful gun. (and usually easy to master)  Some use machine guns.  Then, there's me.  I'm the noob that uses a little bit of everything albeit the flak (except when desperate or pissed), but prefers the Stinger and Sniper.
Mr-Pa1n View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Count

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr-Pa1n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 2:35pm
and now i´m gonna say what i think on the topic.....
that´s just someone b****in about one weapon(or all depending on the person)
people dont have fun when there´s so much complaining and moaning about details.....jeez
just play the game have fun and respect others
i think that isn´t so hard to do
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 3:01pm

and now i´m gonna say what i think on the topic.....
that´s just someone b****in about one weapon(or all depending on the person)
people dont have fun when there´s so much complaining and moaning about details.....jeez
just play the game have fun and respect others
i think that isn´t so hard to do
I agree with you Mr. Painindaazz! Just have fun! Kill or be killed... Just don't spawn kill or glitch!
Mr-Pa1n View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Count

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr-Pa1n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 3:11pm
lol i know.....people leave ut3 cuz of the community....so much b****in and drama...the game 4 me itz still very good except 4 the lagness.....
BAIN View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote BAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 3:28pm
I'll probably see you guys over there. I'm playing alot of Killzone 2 right now and loving it. But it is dying out slowly. I definitely need a new shooter.
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by BAIN

I'll probably see you guys over there. I'm playing alot of Killzone 2 right now and loving it. But it is dying out slowly. I definitely need a new shooter.

TX is gonna get MAG too ... It'd be great to get this community on it.

With the factions, I think it will be cool to see how everyone lines up

Who will be SVER?
Who will be Raven?
Who will be Valor?

SHould be fun!
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 5:25pm

Who will be Raven?

Raven Darkholme?

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 5:34pm
i'll be Raven.  i'm definitely Raven because: "Raven soldiers are shady and mysterious"  meaning, i'm a bastard.
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Ether404

i'll be Raven.  i'm definitely Raven because: "Raven soldiers are shady and mysterious"  meaning, i'm a bastard.

we should all be the same faction ... otherwise we wont be able to play together.

'Im torn between Raven and Sver

They are the exact antithesis of each other!

Im leaning towards SVER. We should have a clan poll to decide after everybody gets a taste.

Its an important decision it will have an impact on the weapons we have access to and the maps (homebase) that we have to defend.

Im leaning towards SVER. They are like modern Pirates, and Im a drunk.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member
Silver Coinage

Post Options Post Options   Quote SilverJ-17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 6:35pm
If I get MAG, I'll either be Raven or whoever has the most futuristic/ modern weapons.  Sure, there might not be lasers, but I prefer more futuristic weapons and vehicles.  After all, I like my more futuristic shooters.  Both UT3 and TimeSplitters lean more towards the future. (ignoring the time travel of the latter)  January 26th?  I doubt I'll get it around then, but I might get it within the next month  because Tax time's coming up.

Until then I think I'll be brawling on SSB: Brawl.  Too bad Roxas isn't in it, despite Days be out and all.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 6:40pm
so you want us to do guerrilla warfare?  who made you general???   i think a vote would be a good idea.  i'll set one up soon as a poll for deep
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2010 at 6:47pm

medic573 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
Rescue One

Post Options Post Options   Quote medic573 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 9:37am

Originally posted by Ether404

we should all be the same faction ... otherwise we wont be able to play together.

'Im torn between Raven and Sver

They are the exact antithesis of each other!

Im leaning towards SVER. We should have a clan poll to decide after everybody gets a taste.

Its an important decision it will have an impact on the weapons we have access to and the maps (homebase) that we have to defend.

Im leaning towards SVER. They are like modern Pirates, and Im a drunk.

Pirate, Huh?  Pirates drink rum!!   How many pirates do you know that drink wine from a box, whilst sitting on the couch in their fluffy slippers?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>