| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > UT3 Clan Base > Team Deep General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

DEEP dive into MAG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DEEP dive into MAG
    Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 1:09pm
on Friday I decided to download the Beta version of MAG, a game that on Paper is very similar to MW2 .... However, the similarities end at the conceptual underpinnings.

gentlemen MAG is an AWESOME FPS I recommend everyone get this as I'm as addicted to MAG
as I was when I popped in UT3.

As many of you know I own MW2 and after playing for a month and ranking up to 30 im totally bored with it, there never was a day where I could consistently play MW2 and not want to put in UT3 .... with MAG i don't want to stop playing!

Ill still be playing UT3 as I still enjoy it, but if we're ever going to move on as a clan to another FPS
this is a terrfic game to get in on the ground floor.

The release date is 1/26/2010 ... after I eat lunch I'll list all the reasons for its awsomeness.

DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 3:46pm
ya cap, looks so good the game, i need to download it to. for see it.

(y )

same, i'll get it too. damn, a lot of fu.cking great games this year! :'(

:P

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

on Friday I decided to download the Beta version of MAG, a game that on Paper is very similar to MW2 .... However, the similarities end at the conceptual underpinnings.

gentlemen MAG is an AWESOME FPS I recommend everyone get this as I'm as addicted to MAG
as I was when I popped in UT3.

As many of you know I own MW2 and after playing for a month and ranking up to 30 im totally bored with it, there never was a day where I could consistently play MW2 and not want to put in UT3 .... with MAG i don't want to stop playing!

Ill still be playing UT3 as I still enjoy it, but if we're ever going to move on as a clan to another FPS
this is a terrfic game to get in on the ground floor.

The release date is 1/26/2010 ... after I eat lunch I'll list all the reasons for its awsomeness.

il be waiting to hear your reasons =)
shine on you crazy diamond
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 4:40pm
I dont need any reasons...I'm already sold on this game & i didnt even have too play the demo!
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 4:52pm
O.O

that is attitude DoD!

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Do_Or_Die_420 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
Rocket Scientist

Post Options Post Options   Quote Do_Or_Die_420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by DVirus_R

O.O

that is attitude DoD!

F|_|CK YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
F.u.k-shaker View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

raptor pilot

Post Options Post Options   Quote F.u.k-shaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Do_Or_Die_420

I dont need any reasons...I'm already sold on this game & i didnt even have too play the demo!
Im gonna DL and try it.
Highcommand.. lol.
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 4:56pm
ya, i think the same, but i already see the trailer and demo in a vid, and looks pretty cool, i like it. new experience.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 5:00pm
to bad the beta is now closed and i can't get the demo.  i did look at it before hand and i wasn't too sure.  but i've been watching a lot more vids on it.  if the scale of action is that intense, i just might get this.  but what's the premise for the game?  i know there are objectives from what i've seen, but can i trust you guys with that????  lol
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 5:06pm
lol

for me i don't think so ether, the game comes in Mexico in 1 or 2 weeks after the oficial sales. but sometimes comes a next month.

:'(

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 5:24pm
Well the DEMO is over i played it all weekend and leveled up to 10 so i could unlock domination.

Here we go:

1. The graphics on this game are by far superior to MW2, the game simply looks better.

2. The gameplay is much smoother and movement gives you some advantage,
    Don't get me wrong this isnt a fast paced FPS like UT3 but its not like MW2 were you
    camp crouch and kill.

3. Sniping is more difficult than in MW2 making it better on both sides; more of a challenge when u
    do snipe and easier to get across the map if you're assaulting.

4. In mW2 there is a clear incentive to CAMP. if you camp you get a kill streak which gets you
    a harrier, then more kill streaks and eventually a nuke and game over. This aspect of MW2
    incentivizes camping EVEN IN THE OBJECTIVE BASED GAMES LIKE DOMINATION.
    In MAG if you camp you lose. Even when youre on defense for Sabotage when some camping is
    called for, the game is designed for action and movement and objectives

5. The game is MASSIVE! sabotage is a 64 player battlefield and Domination a whopping 256!!!
    It actually is really managable you're broken down into smaller squads and higher ranked     players have leadership roles ... The teamwork aspect in a huge battle makes it a ton of fun.

6. VEHICLES!!!!  okay so its not like UT3 from what I understand the vehicles are limited but
    still VEHICLES!!!!

7. You can actually hear and understand people on the mic ... MW2 sounds like a Walkie Talkie

8. You can change your loadout or weapon class IN game. you have to wait till you die and have to respawn but at least you can switch up based on how you accomplish each objective.

9. You can heal yourself and your teammates as well as vehicles. Sound familiar ... you get points
    for doing this which realyl creates a team atmosphere even in the pubs.

10. There are weapon stockpiles where you can get more ammo and health and greandes in game.
      (not the greatest reason but I needed a 10 to round it out)

Weaknesses:
1. The respawns can take a while. once you respawn you have to hightail it to your objective. For some reason Im not as bothered by this as I was when I first popped in MW2 and the respawn took forever. Also as you complete objectives the respawn points move forward so its not so bad.

2. No kill cam, sometimes its nice to see how you got killed.

3. Although there were weapons I wasn't able to unlock, since I only leveled up to 13 ... it doesnt look like the weapon variety is as diverse as MW2. In fact, based on which faction you choose
youre limited to the weapons and vehicles for that faction. Think Necris and Axon but you dont switch because youre leveling up in that profile and so youre stuck with your factions vehicles and weapons.

4. Limited Modes. I could be wrong about this because I only played the beta demo but MW2 may 
    Have more modes.

5. Although I didnt have any problems, I wonder out loud if it will take a while to fill up a 256 slot domination server as the game matures and the player pop drops.

All in all I was surpised how much I loved it considering what a disappontment MW2 was.

On January 26 Im trading in for MAG!

DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 5:38pm
O.O cap!

you don't have a life, lol

Thumbs Up

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by DVirus_R

O.O cap!

you don't have a life, lol

Thumbs Up
Im doing all this from Work! I love my job, Somtimes I play the PC version of UT3 with my office mates on our LAN!
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 6:11pm
ohhh nice captain sparrow, pretty cool!

i want a work of that.

Shocked

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 6:18pm
how much time did that take to type up?  wow.  but it look pretty good.  now if we could get all of our guys on the team to be on one team.  sweet....i'm still shooting medic.
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by Ether404

how much time did that take to type up?  wow.  but it look pretty good.  now if we could get all of our guys on the team to be on one team.  sweet....i'm still shooting medic.
There IS friendly fire LOL!  thats reason enough right there!!!
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2010 at 6:31pm

Originally posted by Ether404

There IS friendly fire LOL!  thats reason enough right there!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!   but i will agree with you on that i HATE MW2.  it's so boring.  too cliche and absolutely no improvement compared to the first MW.
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:09am
Ether, the reason you hate MW2 is cause you always get sliced. This MAG looks pretty good. Whos getting it from DEEP?
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Ppareja76

Ether, the reason you hate MW2 is cause you always get sliced. This MAG looks pretty good. Whos getting it from DEEP?

Papa MW2 is the gaming equivalent of watching your parents have sex.

Here is the list of DEEP peeps who I know are getting it:

Me of course
Ether (i Think I convinced him)
Trinity (hopefully comes back soon)
Demon on Slaught I think he's still with us.
Khantusion (I talked him out of MW2)

We need to work on Dan and Pain. Dan will get it he has MW2 I think hes sick of it as hes been playing UT3 mainly again.

Pa1n has quit his job and dumped his girlfriend and has devoted his life to MW2 Domination.

Medic will die old and senile playing UT3 vCTF in a server full of bots.

are you in Papa or are you a sycophantic MW2 automoton?
Ppareja76 View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
I can't beat Ether in Racing

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ppareja76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 11:40am
Yeah... I'm definitely in. Jan 26, right?
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 11:48am
to fluffys post no kill cam is absolute ****  if someone is sniping and they kill u its ****ty to see where u got sniped from keep in mind thisgame is set up by the creators of the original socoms so its going to have the came things are the original socoms meaning no kill cam would be cool though if the kill cam was AT THE END OF THE GAME and only at the end of the game like a small recording what ur gameplay or giving u the option of recordin ur gameplay to ur HDD
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by ReverendCrow

to fluffys post no kill cam is absolute ****  if someone is sniping and they kill u its ****ty to see where u got sniped from keep in mind thisgame is set up by the creators of the original socoms so its going to have the came things are the original socoms meaning no kill cam would be cool though if the kill cam was AT THE END OF THE GAME and only at the end of the game like a small recording what ur gameplay or giving u the option of recordin ur gameplay to ur HDD

There should at least be tracer fire, if theres no kill cam.
in maps as huge as the ones in  MAG i think it's ridiculous to be able to hide and snipe and give no indication of where the shot is coming from.

I'll admit that a sniper kill cam may be too much, but there should at least be tracer fire like in UT3.
One of the great things about UT3 was that you could have at least some clue of where you were getting **** with any weapon.

The initial sniper gun in MAG is actually quite reasonable ... Im not not looking forward to when the reverend levels up to the one shot one kill Sniper gun lol.
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:26pm
lol yeah i was ridiculous with that 1 shot sniper but it does have tracer sniper fire if they miss its just not as noticable as UT3 a sniper gets rewarded with kills a good k/d ratio and they pick off people so the assaulters can take over the objective easier plus the 1 shot sniper is loud so u know in what location its coming from if its close by ...also if you pay attention and NOT bleed out after u get killed by the sniper the camera snaps to the location of where the sniper got u from
Mr-Pa1n View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Count

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mr-Pa1n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:30pm

Pa1n has quit his job and dumped his girlfriend and has devoted his life to MW2 Domination.

Whaaaaat?
i´m at work atm.....lol........the second part?????
and i´ve been playin mw2 cuz 4 me itz awesome,i have many friends there to play with
ut3 got boring as hell,always the same people b****in and moaning bout everything
i´ll still play in clan matches but hopefully those servers with baaaaaad ping will get better
u guyz didn´t even give mw2 a chance,at first itz very boring but when u do at least a prestige u´ll understand the fun of the game
as 4 mag idk......saw some footage but it didn´t convince me
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2010 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Mr-Pa1n

Whaaaaat?
i´m at work atm.....lol........the second part?????
and i´ve been playin mw2 cuz 4 me itz awesome,i have many friends there to play with
ut3 got boring as hell,always the same people b****in and moaning bout everything
i´ll still play in clan matches but hopefully those servers with baaaaaad ping will get better
u guyz didn´t even give mw2 a chance,at first itz very boring but when u do at least a prestige u´ll understand the fun of the game
as 4 mag idk......saw some footage but it didn´t convince me

lol I think he was just trying to say u play mw2 a lot ;)

And I'd agree, they probably didn't give mw2 a chance. I hated the orignal mw... but I stuck with this despite getting ****d. 

If MAG is so much better they probably would have released it much earlier than this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>