Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

I'm new here.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Noob
Noob

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote jlh1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm new here.....
    Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 4:00pm

Ok, I'm new here and semi new to this game (I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this).  I am very interested int his game as this is my stress reliever from work Wink  But I am still a noob (and I mean a noob), but have some questions:

1) how do you join teams or clans? Are you asked or do you sign up...?
2)what in the world is a EMP mine and how do you use it? I know you put it on the ground.  But that's it.
3) In Titan mode, I guess you cant do hoverboard? (I've only gotten it once, and I died instantly...cause i shot myself....yea it's ok you can laugh)
4) I joined the Fraggednation.com and do you just join the ladder? do you report your score to anyone or how does that work?

I've only been playing for.....2 months, but I still stink at it, i would appreciate any and all input, good or bad (I can poke fun at myself, I'm a fun gal Wink  I would reveal my name on there, but yea then everyone would make fun of me cause if they knew the name...yea....lol.  But if you guess, then I might tell you Tongue 

Cruel IntentionZ View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA
Val and I share Mikey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cruel IntentionZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by jlh1981

I would reveal my name on there, but yea then everyone would make fun of me cause if they knew the name...yea....lol.  But if you guess, then I might tell you Tongue 

well it says in your profile you're called jessica. so that would be my guess, lol.

welcome to the site if you're genuinely a new person! Smile we dont get new people very much and tend to be suspicious of them as its usually an old perve on an alt account, but you're female so i'm sure you'll come across him in good time.

as for clans, you can ask to join but generally a clan will only invite you after you've been playing with them a while, so they know you fit in with the rest of the team etc.

i dont play car modes so i cant help with 2 and 3.

it'd probably be best to direct your fragged nation questions in a PM to Drokun, he's the resident expert Wink i think theres a guide somewhere on how to use the site in the tutorials section that Drokun wrote too, so you might want to check that out first before PMing him, he gets kinda grumpy.
Some people are alive simply because it’s against the law to kill them.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 4:19pm
I put that tutorial (incorrectly) in the UT general discussion to make sure a lot of people saw it. People did an excellent effort in ignoring it.
Cruel IntentionZ View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA
Val and I share Mikey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cruel IntentionZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Drokun

I put that tutorial (incorrectly) in the UT general discussion to make sure a lot of people saw it. People did an excellent effort in ignoring it.

cheerful as ever i see Big smile have a foot! Embarrassed
Some people are alive simply because it’s against the law to kill them.
jlh1981 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote jlh1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:05pm
I promise that I am new Smile I read the tutorials, and once again I think I just need to practice, I just get frustrated dying every 30 seconds unless I hide out somewhere on the map. Pervs? on UT3? Really? NAWWWWW....lol, That's ok Lucifer, I can pretty much figure them out just by how they act in the game.   I meant I'm not giving out my screenname on there, but if you guess it I might say if your right :)
Lucifer-thank you for the info!

Drokun- I will read the tutorial in there, to see if I've seen it before or not!

BaconWizard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote BaconWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:16pm
an emp mine disrupts vehicles and hoverboards. place it where there is high traffic. i play Warfare mainly, id be happy to help you in that mode, otherwise i suggest dueling...great way to improve overall skill
God Gives Head In Heaven
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:18pm
Add Blankpaon

Post Options Post Options   Quote BaconWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Mikeybrennan

Add Blankpaon

cant even spell your own name lol
God Gives Head In Heaven
jlh1981 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote jlh1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:23pm
Lol, well I hav erecently gottne into Warfare, (once again I'm still a total noob at it, not that great), but it is interesting.  IO liek the VCTF cause I like hearing people talk sh*t and it's hilarious.  

I will add blankpain! Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Quote BaconWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:25pm
lol yeah VCTF is boring to me....too much camping....ill show you how to play WF. then you cant be the one talking ****. feel free to add me if you like. BaconWizard
God Gives Head In Heaven
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:39pm
haha ment Blankpain haha idiot of the day =P

Post Options Post Options   Quote BaconWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:41pm
hella fail mikey
God Gives Head In Heaven
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:52pm
LOL, VCTF is the great way, yup, there are a lot of campers, but, that make this the diference to the rest, Warfare is more easy to win, but, in VCTF, nop, teamwork is the meaning of VCTF, if you son't play with that, you will lose.

about the campers, they just need someone to distract them, if you control that you will know what i'm talking about.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird

Post Options Post Options   Quote BaconWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:55pm
you need just as much teamwork in WF. i dont like how camping is part of alot of stratagies. dont get me wrong ive had brutal matches in VCTF but WF is way better.
God Gives Head In Heaven
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:57pm
Wf is so much better than vctf trust me and WAY more fun =)

Post Options Post Options   Quote BaconWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:59pm
see mikey has learned well
God Gives Head In Heaven
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 8:59pm
There's s hit talking in every mode. Dueling improves your fragging skills and your ability to be unpredicatable, which works wonders when you're flag running, but for some reason I'm still a ss at it. You don't have to duel to get better though. Just a suggestion :>

^ FML run on sentence

Post Options Post Options   Quote BaconWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:01pm
dueling helps you in any mode...
God Gives Head In Heaven
shewulph View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote shewulph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:01pm
welcome to iamgaming!
dueling is for bad kids >_>
maybe ill see you in tdm sometime. also if you ever need any tips on foot modes [ or vehicles for that matter ] there are tons of people willing to help you
this is my cup of care -> \_/

oh look. it's empty.

DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:04pm
hahaha, well, it seems the experience made the diference.

idk, but for me, is not hard play on warfare, that was 'cuz i begin to play ut3 on War, but after that i moved to VCTF, so, i don't see dificult both, anyway. both has their own style.

and yeahhh, in VCTF the rules for the defenders (campers like all called that) just need to be 1 or 2, it depends.

and yeahhh, i'm agree with teamwork in War too, you can't link nodes faster if you don't coordinates your team, i'm agree. but, is more easy.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:08pm
Meh, just read through some of the tutorials on this site, then go in the game and apply those tips. OR, just go in there and get beat and learn what's right to do and all that good stuff.

Post Options Post Options   Quote BaconWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:08pm
nah they have equal difficulty......you need to come join WF when me, envy, and boogie play thats a good match
God Gives Head In Heaven

Post Options Post Options   Quote BaconWizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by XKaL1buR

Meh, just read through some of the tutorials on this site, then go in the game and apply those tips. OR, just go in there and get beat and learn what's right to do and all that good stuff.
its not hard just takes time, and a button config that works for you
God Gives Head In Heaven
jlh1981 View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote jlh1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:14pm

Team deathmach or deathmatch, Yea, I tried, I died every time I fragged, and I was getting frustrated, so I left that alone.  I tried the Duel, and they would be matched up, and I'd wait, and wait, and wait, and it would never let me play, I was always a spectator, CTF is fun, but no one is ever on.  I just started playing Warfare (I learned how by doing my campaign),  I want to learn Greed and Betryal, but one of those NEVER has any servers up, forgot which one.  Snowreal is ok, mostly like TDM or DM to me.  I practice, but I usually have ten millino things going on around me and pets crawling across my keyboard or running away with my controller, go fig!

Limputtaja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Limputtaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2009 at 9:15pm
I find it funny how ppl go they are either "PR0" or "Th3 BEST" or then they say "Im noob" "I suck" "Im the worst".. Guess every one hates to be Mr/Mrs Average..

Offtopic? maybe.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>