| | | | | |  

Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Are IH jumps like this even possible on PS3?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are IH jumps like this even possible on PS3?
    Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 3:27pm
Was reading the thread about glitches in containment / rails and searched on youtube and found this. Some really amazing IH jumps here, they're playinc pc but are they even possible on PS3? Specifically I'm talking about the ones on Suspense at the start and Necro aswell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4r7xGWY054
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 3:32pm
I haven't watched it yet, but keep in mind PC players can dodge forward and backwards as well, unlike us (and jump sideways). You can dodge backwards off a wall and then hammer for more distance than you can on ps3.

Edit: Ya I think that's what he's doing.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 3:55pm
just because they can do that stuff, doesn't mean we cant, for the most part. ill check the vid n see
EDIT: ya drokun hes doin the dodges, and ya we wont get as far as he did, but quite a few of those are possible to recreate
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 4:12pm
Seems to me the only one that may not be replicable on console is the Suspense jump from the side of the respawn to the bridge. The distance he gets on that is spectacular.
You could proly get on the bridge but not as far as he does.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 4:23pm
no u can do that jump, its easy from the right spot
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 4:25pm
I'm gonna try and practice these offline soon, it would help if I could IH jump properly in the first place.

It's weird cos I can do some like from the floor to the flag in Necro but can't do the one in Sandstorm from the avril tower to the redeemer for instance. But I think after watching that video I get the idea of how to do it better.
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 4:30pm
just practice simple ones first, straight up, then once ur comfortable move on to straight of walls. ill show u some stuff once ur comfortable with those and wanna do more
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by TX2k7

no u can do that jump, its easy from the right spot

noooo its eeeeasyy nya nyah nyah ... Im  Tx2k7 ...I can do it it's easy .... FVCK U TX!!Tongue  lol jk!!!

For us mere mortals its a little tougherWink lol!

TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 4:40pm
no its easy, u can do it from multiple spots. hit me up next time ur on, ill show u. besides, havnt u heard? im a noob, so u should get it no problem
TX2k7 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Requiescat In Pace

Post Options Post Options   Quote TX2k7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 4:45pm
lol, ill teach u next time i see u on
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 5:07pm
aye aye Cap'n!
krzys773 View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Massacre Monster

Post Options Post Options   Quote krzys773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 5:10pm
I used to try doing impact jumps all the time.Never really like doing them alot.I'll do them once in a while but usually i can get the flag out with out impact hammer jumps=].
Ramslayer and some ohsnap vipr dude are the best ones i have ever seen with the impact hammer.
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 5:48pm
The CTF community know make impact hammert jump ... Drokun have right in ps3 we can't dodge forwards and backwards, we can make High Impact hammer example Minigun --> top of angel tower in Sandstorm but it impossible to make a biggest impact hammer jumps ... Thats su.ck. Perhaps a new patch can correct this sh!t :(
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2009 at 5:52pm
I'd like to be able to double jump sideways and dodge forward/backwards, won't happen though.
Could be something like movement stick click = dodge and x = jump.
iTz-He4DSh0T View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote iTz-He4DSh0T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 12:56am
maybe sum1 could make a Mutator that gives us PC Movements? that would be awesome!

but then again so would alot of other things i can think of PS3 UT3 Needs..........

Be able to download Custom Maps of Dedicated Servers

UTComp is a Must!!!

a Patch that allows UT3 to access the Virtual 2GB of Memory (Ram) on the Hard Drive so we don't get corrupted Textures when you have loads of Custom Characters installed.

and a Easier way of Installing Custom Content.......Multiple Files at once etc...... 
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 1:17am
Originally posted by TX2k7

lol, ill teach u next time i see u on

Thanks tex ... u showed me some cool stuff! Time to practice offline. 
ColossusSlayer View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil

Post Options Post Options   Quote ColossusSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 4:10am
some of these jumps are not possible on ps3 coz pc players can jump forward and backward and we cant, but if anyone ever needs help with hammer jumps i know quite alot
LOL-i-ZER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LOL-i-ZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 6:41am
Originally posted by JakeT111

I'm gonna try and practice these offline soon, it would help if I could IH jump properly in the first place.

It's weird cos I can do some like from the floor to the flag in Necro but can't do the one in Sandstorm from the avril tower to the redeemer for instance. But I think after watching that video I get the idea of how to do it better.
check the vid danjel posted here:

it's easer but more dangerous ;-), for the jump from top avril tower to reedeemer.
OUCH !! THAT HURTS
Free Agent
JakeT111 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JakeT111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 6:48am
Originally posted by LOL-i-ZER

Originally posted by JakeT111

check the vid danjel posted here:

it's easer but more dangerous ;-), for the jump from top avril tower to reedeemer.
I remember seeing that a while back, I'll give it a try because I still fail at doing the IH jump from avril to redeemer. I can do it, I just never get far enough and always land on the floor in the corner.

If anyone's got a spare 5/10 minutes it'd be great if someone could show me how! Smile
LOL-i-ZER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote LOL-i-ZER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2009 at 6:52am
I make it 1 every ten times I try it. so, you should ask DANJEL directly.
OUCH !! THAT HURTS
Free Agent
 Post Reply Post Reply