Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Borderlands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>
Author
Team PcX
Team PcX

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Borderlands
    Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:34pm
*more spoilers*

Yeah "intergalactic a$$a$$in" or whatever it said lol 

While I was playing the first playthrough I can't say I really trusted the "gaurdian angel" at all.  She looks like Marilyn Manson from the cover of Mechanical Animals.  And when the vault opened and just that thing came out (no loot to be found) I was disappointed.  I'm hoping the second playthrough has a more informative ending.  I want to know who the Angel is, what's up with the evil claptrap, what the vault is and what's really in it, or what it's purpose is, AND why Tannis is such a needy whiney b!tch who I want to slap every time I see her XD
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 4:57pm
* SPOILERS *

We'll I don't know if anything really changed at all.. It's just harder as far as I know :/
The badasses are now Badmutha's.

Yeah during the game I was wondering if our lead character likes to listening to the voices in his head.
CarloThunder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2010 at 6:39pm

SPOILERS

I expected the vault to be like an underground cavern filled with gold and silver and things.  If only it was like that lol.
all roun nice guy lol.
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 11:38am
*spoilers*  possibly Wink

I wasn't expecting  stuff like that.  I was more expecting a kick a$$ weapon or some rare artefacts that would make your "skill" super duper mega destructive.  Or even an item that makes it possible for you to amend the attributes of your weapons maybe.

You don't even get that much XP for turning the vault key in to Tannis Confused

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Cloudy_Serendipity

*spoilers*  possibly Wink

I wasn't expecting  stuff like that.  I was more expecting a kick a$$ weapon or some rare artefacts that would make your "skill" super duper mega destructive.  Or even an item that makes it possible for you to amend the attributes of your weapons maybe.

You don't even get that much XP for turning the vault key in to Tannis Confused

Yeah that would have been ultra cool, but we get an haf ased ending instead.  Pretty annoying when you work through the game and your efforts are unrewarded at the end.
all roun nice guy lol.
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 8:23pm
There's always the second play through... I'm hopeful of a satisfying ending.

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2010 at 9:19pm

There's always the second play through... I'm hopeful of a satisfying ending.

I hope so too but somehow i doubt. did you pick up an eridian weapon cath?  if so what did you think? i got one that does about 800 damage but it is very slow firing.
all roun nice guy lol.
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 9:03pm
yeah I have 3 eridian weapons.  Kali gave me a couple of those a while ago but i picked up better versions of the same weapons plus one gun which suits my name ever so well and would yours also, it's called "thunder storm" :)

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 9:14pm

yeah I have 3 eridian weapons.  Kali gave me a couple of those a while ago but i picked up better versions of the same weapons plus one gun which suits my name ever so well and would yours also, it's called "thunder storm" :)

Lol thunder storm is definately an appropriate name in more ways than one Smile.  The eridian weapon i have would be deadly if it fired faster, could maybe go through the game without being killed but alas its fire rate is slower than a turtle racing against bugs bunny.
all roun nice guy lol.
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 9:31pm
It's not the rate of fire it's the rate of recharge/reload.  they fire pretty quickly but you only get 4 shots out of a full cell before it's depleted, maybe 5 if you're lucky.  You just need to be better at dodging ;)  I still go close quarters with a sniper :O takes heads clean off lol

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 9:48pm

It's not the rate of fire it's the rate of recharge/reload.  they fire pretty quickly but you only get 4 shots out of a full cell before it's depleted, maybe 5 if you're lucky.  You just need to be better at dodging ;)  I still go close quarters with a sniper :O takes heads clean off lol

I agree about the recharge/reload.  I used a combat rifle with 132 damage with fast recharge and reload speed and basically just strolled through the bosses except for flint who was a fairly tough fight but nothing the turret can't take care of Smile

Dodging i admit im pretty lousy at so going up close to enemies with a sniper would get me killed pretty quickly lol.  Thats where my iron machine gun comes in.  But nothing beats taking enemies heads off from a distance lol. 
all roun nice guy lol.
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 10:05pm
lol my sniper went through Flint and his 2 gimps like a dose of X-Lax through a crackwh0re.  Hell I think I actually finished Flint off with critical melee LOL You should play with Karma and me one night Smile I'm pretty damn good at staying alive (except that one time kali joined me and had to revive me Embarrassed)

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2010 at 10:13pm

lol my sniper went through Flint and his 2 gimps like a dose of X-Lax through a crackwh0re.  Hell I think I actually finished Flint off with critical melee LOL You should play with Karma and me one night Smile I'm pretty damn good at staying alive (except that one time kali joined me and had to revive me Embarrassed)

oh man, you make me look bad taking flint out easily like that lol LOL.  I do have a tendency to go all guns blazing in fights and get killed often as a result.  Flint was a annoying fight for me, harder than the last boss thats for bloody sure.  Yeah playing with you and karma would be cool :).  Be prepared for the usual apologising from me though LOL.
all roun nice guy lol.
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 2:45pm
Well we've been playing pretty much every night from aprox 2am to 5am so if you are on late then pop on over and see us.  Otherwise I'll try to get one a little earlier tonight and get some missions in with you.  You still owe me a UT3 duel too Wink

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2010 at 5:58pm

Well we've been playing pretty much every night from aprox 2am to 5am so if you are on late then pop on over and see us.  Otherwise I'll try to get one a little earlier tonight and get some missions in with you.  You still owe me a UT3 duel too Wink

I probably wont be on tonight maybe tomorrow or sometime next week hopefully.  I'm usually on at 9pm to around midnight during the week so maybe thats the best bet.  How are you doing with the second playthrough anyway? Smile

Yeah a duel on ut3 would be cool Smile.  I haven't played ut3 much lately but will get back on it soon.  Sorry to keep you waiting lol Wink.
all roun nice guy lol.
LaDy_ReQuIeM View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote LaDy_ReQuIeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2010 at 9:45pm
lol don't sweat it :)  I'm sure the UT3 duel will materialise at some point soon ;)

Erm second pla ythrough... I'm still doing missions in Arid Borderlands so I'm getting there slowly.  I've been playing more on other people's games than my own at the moment :S
Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 9:50pm
Anybody level 50 on 2.5 playthrough? Looking for some people to complete the Madd Moxxi's tournament. That **** is grueling when playing solo. I'm not interested in the loot, its just i paid $10 and i'd like to complete it so my money is not wasted.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 9:56pm
Warheart says hes up for it Helscream
Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2010 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by JPINATOR

Warheart says hes up for it Helscream

One down, Two to go. Tell him to send me a friend request. I know he spells name with numbers. Som not sure how it's spelt exactly.
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 6:05am
my profile for this got corrupted =/ good thing i copied the data to another user just hrs before. now im stuck on a area iv already beaten i need help!!
shine on you crazy diamond
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 12:05pm

helscream.. id probably be intrested.. never beat the first add-on but it seemed rather pointless.

Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2010 at 9:24pm
Originally posted by Deadaim

helscream.. id probably be intrested.. never beat the first add-on but it seemed rather pointless.

Well it's kinda like, I spent my money on a ****ty product. But I might as well get my money's worth and complete this ****.
Deadaim View Drop Down
[qM]
[qM]

Post Options Post Options   Quote Deadaim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2010 at 1:10pm

yea i hear ya.. as far as the first add-on.. spent 9.99 on it played it for 20 mins maybe.. but then again time is money so playing it im acctually investing more into it... just seemed kinda stupid that they made an add-on and it wasnt designed around the endgame... add-ons arent made for people who havent even beat the original game.. but apparently they dont understand that.

the new add-on.. sounds like they tried to make it very endgame oriented acctually.. is there even an ending to it? sounded kinda like it was just  never ending waves of enemies in an arena style setting to see how long you can last..
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2010 at 5:59pm
I just got this game..and its the bomb diggity! Well worth the money I spent!
Black_star View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Black_star Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2010 at 9:09pm
I just started playing this game. Hit me up on PS3 if you wanna play with me.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 13>