Forum Home Forum Home > Other Video Games > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Borderlands

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Borderlands
    Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 8:45am
lol nice one cath Smile.  yeah dahl headlands is pretty easy, the only fight that may be half difficult is skagzilla but with a powerful gun, it goes down easier than cristiano ronaldo.  The mothrakk was piss easy with the 215 damage sniper, took about 20 minute but ha no problems.  Btw what character are you playing a, i'm playing as Roland.
all roun nice guy lol.
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 11:26am
Same, Roland.  Nope skagzilla was easy.

I doubt I'll have problems with mothrakk.  I picked up an old elephant gun type thing that does ~250 damage but the accuracy is shot so it's not even as effective as my combat rifle but that's probably because I've got a decent rifleman class mod at the moment.  I've got a couple of decent weapons for different occasions so we'll see how that works out.

What level were you when you were at dahl headlands, and what are you now?  I think I'm 21, half way to 22.
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
CarloThunder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Cloudy_Serendipity

Same, Roland.  Nope skagzilla was easy.

I doubt I'll have problems with mothrakk.  I picked up an old elephant gun type thing that does ~250 damage but the accuracy is shot so it's not even as effective as my combat rifle but that's probably because I've got a decent rifleman class mod at the moment.  I've got a couple of decent weapons for different occasions so we'll see how that works out.

What level were you when you were at dahl headlands, and what are you now?  I think I'm 21, half way to 22.

I think i was 21 as well when i got to the dahl headlands, i remember getting there before i beat the mothrakk.  What does your clas mod do?  mine regenerates ammo fairly slowly, its cool but unnecessary really as ammo is easy to find. 

At the moment i'm level 25 coming up to 26 and in new haven.  Do you fancy dueling sometime?
all roun nice guy lol.
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 3:13pm
I can't remember exactly what the attributes are but it has ammo regen, increased damage and 1 other thing might be reciol reduction or reduced reload delay but I'll check what the %s are and maybe I can gift it to you as it's worth over $10,000 lol

UT3 duel?  Sure but I suck worse than a noob, just hit me up when I'm next on.

lol you and your song lyrics... sometimes I think you can't write your own material ;)

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 3:26pm

I can't remember exactly what the attributes are but it has ammo regen, increased damage and 1 other thing might be reciol reduction or reduced reload delay but I'll check what the %s are and maybe I can gift it to you as it's worth over $10,000 lol

UT3 duel?  Sure but I suck worse than a noob, just hit me up when I'm next on.

lol you and your song lyrics... sometimes I think you can't write your own material ;)

Yeah my class mod has the exact same attributes,  trust me on this, i'll be a much worse dueler because my accuracy is a bit off to say the least lol. 

Yeah i've come up with song lyrics of my own, but they're terrible in the way san marino football team are lol.   As for my sig, i could put my signature line 'good luck both players'l SmileWink.
all roun nice guy lol.
jesse View Drop Down
Team KmA
Team KmA

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 3:30pm
this game worth the buy?
shine on you crazy diamond
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 3:32pm
I have two refleman class mods... one is sh!t and the one I'm using is decent.

Well lets not get into a who's worst argument.  I'll play you.  I'll try to get on PSN early tonight and catch you for that if that's ok? Or failing that I have the whole of Christmas Day.

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 5:55pm

I have two refleman class mods... one is sh!t and the one I'm using is decent.

Well lets not get into a who's worst argument.  I'll play you.  I'll try to get on PSN early tonight and catch you for that if that's ok? Or failing that I have the whole of Christmas Day.
yeah that sounds a cool idea, im just about to play borderlands now so im available if ya play.
all roun nice guy lol.
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 7:51pm
Well I was at work before but I'm home now so I'll add you on my Cloudy_S account and see if I can gift this stuff to you.  If this doesn't work and I lose my good stuff I'll be p!ssed off Confused

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 8:16pm

Well I was at work before but I'm home now so I'll add you on my Cloudy_S account and see if I can gift this stuff to you.  If this doesn't work and I lose my good stuff I'll be p!ssed off Confused

Cheers Cath, i know this ound odd but do you have a good smg weapon that doe about 50 damage or more or a good shotgun?  I need better weapons in those categories and sledges shotgun is not great accuracy wise?  I coul maybe give you some weapons if you want, i have a revolver that does 137 damage if ya interested. 
all roun nice guy lol.
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 8:36pm
I have a repeater that does 54 with a +22% damage boost but the clip size is only 12 so I only have that until I get round to selling some stuff.  I'll say no thanks to the revolver unless it's worth some money.

Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2009 at 10:45pm
Ok well Mothrakk was easy.  I tried it first in a machine gun mounted car but I get that stuck on some scenery and it got blown up with firballs as I was jumping out lol but the second attempt I used sniper for the long shots and combat rifle until I had to run away from the fireballs.  probably took no more than 20 mins for both tries.

Can't believe I got the fn car stuck LOL  that just proves I'm crap in vehicles.

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 9:46am

Ok well Mothrakk was easy.  I tried it first in a machine gun mounted car but I get that stuck on some scenery and it got blown up with firballs as I was jumping out lol but the second attempt I used sniper for the long shots and combat rifle until I had to run away from the fireballs.  probably took no more than 20 mins for both tries.

Can't believe I got the fn car stuck LOL  that just proves I'm crap in vehicles

Ah man dont get me started on the cars, they were annoying at first with the awkward controls and i was always getting it stuck on the rocks lol LOL.  Did you beat the mothrakk from the vehicle station?
all roun nice guy lol.
Cruel IntentionZ View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA
Val and I share Mikey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cruel IntentionZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 9:46am

Can't believe I got the fn car stuck LOL  that just proves I'm crap in vehicles.

LOL! rico is the worst driver in the entire world, after playing borderlands with him I know know why he never played car modes in UT! LOL
Some people are alive simply because it’s against the law to kill them.
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 11:26am

No, not from the vehicle station.  I was running around the road area and on the ground near the turbines.  Did you canp in the vehicle station?

lol @ rico.  I think if you get me and him together you'll still find I'm the worst driver :\

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 3:15pm

No, not from the vehicle station.  I was running around the road area and on the ground near the turbines.  Did you canp in the vehicle station?

lol @ rico.  I think if you get me and him together you'll still find I'm the worst driver :\

I stayed around the bridge area above the vehicle station where the bandit are and hid in the hut
all roun nice guy lol.
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 6:01pm
lol sneaky.  Nah if one of those fireballs finds it's way in anywhere you hide you're as good as dead.  I stayed out in the open and found that sprinting is a perfectly adequate way of avoiding them, and then when mothrakk started to fly away I snipered it until it got p!ssed off and came back for me lol then I used the combat rifle (because it pretty much flies directly to you in a straight line) until it started raining fire then I ran away like a pu$$y LOL

The Ghosts of the Vault mission was a close one for me... I nearly died Shocked those things are damn quick and evasive as hell Angry

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 6:23pm

lol sneaky.  Nah if one of those fireballs finds it's way in anywhere you hide you're as good as dead.  I stayed out in the open and found that sprinting is a perfectly adequate way of avoiding them, and then when mothrakk started to fly away I snipered it until it got p!ssed off and came back for me lol then I used the combat rifle (because it pretty much flies directly to you in a straight line) until it started raining fire then I ran away like a pu$$y LOL

The Ghosts of the Vault mission was a close one for me... I nearly died Shocked those things are damn quick and evasive as hell Angry

Lol you had a more gutsy approach than me, when i tried outrunning it, the fireballs almost always got me. 

The ghost vault mission wasn't too bad for me surprisingly, my revolver took the ghosts down pretty easily, i was expecting that mission to be tough.  One mission i am doing atm is proving annoying, the kill reaver one because i had to travel across several areas with high level enemies which nearly killed me a few times Angry.
all roun nice guy lol.
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 6:28pm
Tried turning them into roadkill? LOL

I'll probably jump a couple of levels today and tomorrow as I'm completing all the missions before I move on so when I get to the Reaver one I'll consider myself forewarned Thumbs Up

Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 6:34pm

I'll probably jump a couple of levels today and tomorrow as I'm completing all the missions before I move on so when I get to the Reaver one I'll consider myself forewarned Thumbs Up

lol i know this sounds crazy but i'd rather not run them over just like that, i find its better to fight all enemies with guns to level the gun kill up.  Oh and watch out for the badass bruiser as well, he almost killed me with a rocket launcher and would have done if not for the gun turret.  Man that things a godsend lol Smile.
all roun nice guy lol.
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by Tr(A)1nWr(E)cK

this game worth the buy?

Well I think so Smile  If you like RPGs and you like FPSs then you'll enjoy it as it's a very good meld of the two game types Smile

Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by CarloThunder

lol i know this sounds crazy but i'd rather not run them over just like that, i find its better to fight all enemies with guns to level the gun kill up.  Oh and watch out for the badass bruiser as well, he almost killed me with a rocket launcher and would have done if not for the gun turret.  Man that things a godsend lol Smile.

Well I'm not suggesting you run them all over but if you're starting to get into trouble and you have the vehicle handy then it saves you the $5000+ to have your body reconstructed when you die Wink

Pfft... badass bruisers fall fast to a couple of critical sniper shots.  They're the kind of enemy that I have shock longbow grenades equipped for Tongue

Helscream View Drop Down
Team iAM
Team iAM

Post Options Post Options   Quote Helscream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by CarloThunder

Tried turning them into roadkill? LOLI'll probably jump a couple of levels today and tomorrow as I'm completing all the missions before I move on so when I get to the Reaver one I'll consider myself forewarned Thumbs Up

Eridian Promontory on playthrough 2.5 is the best place to go to level up your weapon profiency. You can get up to 17k exp on a supabad guardian. So its 4-17k exp per kill in there. Got all my weapon skills up to 50 in no time. Granted you have the gear to do so.
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 8:41pm

Yeah you make a good point cath, i've been killed stupidly on bl several times, but i get too carried away fighting sometimes that i forget the vehicles even there.

Badass bruisers are easy you say, lol it seems enemies one of us find tough, the other finds easy LOL.

I'm currently on my first playthrough on bl and level 25, where would a good place to level up fast be?
all roun nice guy lol.
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2009 at 9:13pm
You're further through than me dude so I can't advise you there.  But I would say that when you make kills try to get critical hits as they will give more XP, and do as many missions as you can.  Part of it is levelling up and part is using the right weapons for the right enemy... no point using incendiary weapons against things resistant to fire.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 13>