FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Why not a BR Tourney?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why not a BR Tourney?
    Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 12:42am
sup guys! i was chatting with a friend and he says UT3 is dying, cuz no more players in public servers, so, why we don't do any news for UT3? why we don't start a Bombing Run Tourney?
idk, will be fun do it this! all the comunity playing there! the idea is play like a comunity of UT3, but what you think about it?
we need to do something news for fun. a few ppl play BR, so, they can learn more about it, i think is hard but if you see, you can show how you can to play on team there?

good idea or bad?Ouch

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
AK-47_Zero1256k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AK-47_Zero1256k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 12:49am
How many have the BR game play and maps of BR? is a inusual idea, but the server can not be a dedicated server so the lag maybe will be a problem, if i am wrong about the game type can not be supported by a dedicated server and join like another game type (and that will be another problem) someone tell me :s
What, the hellbender is a sh¡t? I´ll make you think twice about it
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 12:54am
well, BR has in PS3 near of 14 maps available for play, so, thats right, if they are agree for this, we can to choise who can set up the server, but, first, idk if this is possible for make a server. not sure.
BR  suport the same ppl like TDM. but we can reduce if they want.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 10:37am
We play BR every now and then. Hit me up and I can have a whole bunch of players ready for BR. Let's have a fun Saturday/Sunday session.

For those that don't have BR:

Download all the maps. It's runs to a second page for the last 3.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 10:43am
Without being an idiot I'd say it was a bad idea... but its good that your trying to get something going.

The main problem would be who actually plays this mode? It might be fun to get a group of players together on a friday night or something but a tournament wouldn't work imo. Just my thoughts though.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 11:01am
I think the best idea would be to have some informed pick-up games on the weekends. I can probably set up my second PS3 to host it. This way people can try out the mode and see if they like it.

Also, ckc will be hosting custom warfare maps soon. There are a ton of great and beautiful warfare maps on ut3gow.com. We will have a custom maps section in our thread announcing the weekly custom warfare map night. It'll probably be on Sundays around 5pm eastern, but we are still working out the details. This isn't for competition. It just adds another dimension to this game.
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 11:01am
I'd like to see domination rather than bombing run :P
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Drokun

I say do both. Get Domination going and we'll work on BR and custom warfare maps. If you need help, let me know. Anything to break the same 5 maps that are consitently played will help the community at large.
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 11:07am
I wouldn't mind playing off a custom host for a change if it's for bombing run or domination (if you're planning to set up a game in either please add me). I'm gonna force everyone in the PUG chat to download domination, see how that goes.
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 11:17am
I love Bombing run.  I play on PC often.  Why don't we just make a weekly bombing run night, see how popular it gets, then maybe a tournament.
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 11:30am
Originally posted by Pinnacle

We play BR every now and then. Hit me up and I can have a whole bunch of players ready for BR. Let's have a fun Saturday/Sunday session.

For those that don't have BR:

Download all the maps. It's runs to a second page for the last 3.

thnks pinnacle, that was i got in mind, a games in weekends, but will be relly great if all the clans can be participating there. idk. each wekeend 2 clans in fight. will be nice to do it.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 11:34am
Looks like I'm gonna be spending a long time installing.
Might as well do bombing run, domination and warfare customs at the same time now.
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Danjel8

Without being an idiot I'd say it was a bad idea... but its good that your trying to get something going.

The main problem would be who actually plays this mode? It might be fun to get a group of players together on a friday night or something but a tournament wouldn't work imo. Just my thoughts though.

ya thats right dude, it can be possible to set up a server, and hell yeah, i play this mod with a bunch of friends.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Pinnacle

I think the best idea would be to have some informed pick-up games on the weekends. I can probably set up my second PS3 to host it. This way people can try out the mode and see if they like it.

Also, ckc will be hosting custom warfare maps soon. There are a ton of great and beautiful warfare maps on ut3gow.com. We will have a custom maps section in our thread announcing the weekly custom warfare map night. It'll probably be on Sundays around 5pm eastern, but we are still working out the details. This isn't for competition. It just adds another dimension to this game.

Ohhh pinnacle, a big thank you dude. yeah

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 11:41am
When is that custom WAR server up and where is the host located? I just downloaded all maps in that thread and am going to install them later but I'm too lazy to actually read the thread. Also I'm not sure if it's still going.
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Drokun

yeah, why not, domination too, are so hard and fun to play, my ps3 can run the maps, last that i upload there had bugs, i think my screen frozen.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 11:44am
Domination doesn't support bots - it freezes if you try to load it up with em.
DVirus_R View Drop Down
Team Phoenyx
Team Phoenyx
Scavenger Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Quote DVirus_R Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2009 at 12:14pm
ohhhh, i see, sh.it, thanks for the tip dude. i think i need to load it again, hahaha, i deleted.

☢ Phyx_ThunderBird
 Post Reply Post Reply