Forum Home Forum Home > Off Topic Forums > Fists of Fury
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Powerups in duel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Powerups in duel
    Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by COKKENBALLS

Complaining about what is available in the map is ridiculous. How can you complain about what is given to you in the map? To use another mode as an example. Last night on Downtown, TX27 kept sniping my whole team. He was tearing us up with the sniper rifle. Now, it was annoying and I made some pithy comments between matches but, I had to let it go. Why? Because the sniper rifle is offered on that map. TX27 used it and used it well. Why whine about it? His sniping wasn't effective enough though, we won on Downtown. The power ups are offered, deal with it.

Do you want to know why this game has had such staying power with us? It's because it offers so much to so many people. It doesn't just cater to those with the best reflexes or map knowledge. It offeres a unique set of tools, terrain and situations. That uniqueness allows players like myself the opportunity to outsmart players with more natural ability.

In short, what I am trying to say is this. If all of you are half as good as you tout yourselves as being, you should be able to overcome a noob with a redeemer or flak cannon.
Cheers.
couldnt agree more!!
!
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Fluffy Fluffington

I have to side with the duelers on this one.
<FONT size=+0> 
<FONT size=+0>They whine for the same reason us vehicle players whine for putting vehicles on flags and camping the core in the pubs.
<FONT size=+0> 
<FONT size=+0>those are implicit unwritten rules. Gentlemen's rules, if you will, that players have developed <FONT size=+0>on their own over time.
<FONT size=+0> 
I say if you want to duel a friend and you agree to grab the U-Damage go for it.
<FONT size=+0> 
<FONT size=+0>Otherwise respect the customs and unwritten rules of the mode
<FONT size=+0> 
what a lemon go play kung fu panda! about gentleman's rules u f**got its ut3 a 18 cert game
!
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by Striderfx

Originally posted by Hey_Look_its_Trendy

This is the most tiring topic to date. If you still don't get why the AMP and BZRK are not allowed in competitive duel then you are beyond ignorant. There is nothing i can say that will finally cram this concept into your dense skulls.

Also, just because EPIC has it on the map does not mean they are the authority on competitive play. These rules were decided upon by the best players around the world and no one is better than them at exploiting every aspect of the game. If anyone makes the duel rules, it should be them. They know better than anyone else what is balanced and what is not.
well none of u are the authority of competitive play either! sound like a bunch of whiny ol crack headz!

As he just said; He didn't make the rules.. the best duellers of the world did and have been using them for over 10 years now.

<FONT size=+0> 
<FONT size=+0>They whine for the same reason us vehicle players whine for putting vehicles on flags and camping the core in the pubs.
<FONT size=+0> 
<FONT size=+0>those are implicit unwritten rules. Gentlemen's rules, if you will, that players have developed <FONT size=+0>on their own over time.
<FONT size=+0> 
I say if you want to duel a friend and you agree to grab the U-Damage go for it.
<FONT size=+0> 
<FONT size=+0> 
what a lemon go play kung fu panda! about gentleman's rules u f**got its ut3 a 18 cert game

Stop bragging about playing an 18+ game.
Fluffy Fluffington View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
The Fluffer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fluffy Fluffington Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 2:11pm

<FONT size=+0> 
<FONT size=+0> 
<FONT size=+0> 
<FONT size=+0> 
<FONT size=+0> 

I'll definetly give Kung Fu Panda a try.

Here's my Suggestion for you:

grog_grog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote grog_grog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 2:14pm
ha
The rocket is my master.
Hey_Look_its_Trendy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Hey_Look_its_Trendy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 2:22pm
Tell you what strider, the day you get good at UT is the day i value your opinoin. Until then feel free to shove your head back up your own a**.

By the way, good duelers don't whine when one of you incompetent players pick up the AMP. We know we are gonna beat you regardless, you just might score an undeserved kill. The good duelrs know how unbalanced the power up is in the right hands and therefore forego its use. If you think playing a duel against kali is hard enough already, imagine if he picks up AMP and kills you multiple times in 30sec. You retards really dont think things through. If you dont play duel consistently then you cannot form a solid opinion on dueling. And no, only dueling against your equally inept friends does not count as a real duel.
COKKENBALLS View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote COKKENBALLS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 4:55pm

They whine for the same reason us vehicle players whine for putting vehicles on flags and camping the core in the pubs.

those are implicit unwritten rules. Gentlemen's rules, if you will, that players have developed on their own over time.

Otherwise respect the customs and unwritten rules of the mode

Fluffy,
That is a fair point and a good analogy. I'll shut up now.
Balls
ReverendCrow View Drop Down
Team VAG
Team VAG

Post Options Post Options   Quote ReverendCrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 6:12pm
mm i love the udamage with sniper combo (only use it in dm and tdm) but i absolutely love it
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 6:33pm

Tell you what strider, the day you get good at UT is the day i value your opinoin. Until then feel free to shove your head back up your own a**.

By the way, good duelers don't whine when one of you incompetent players pick up the AMP. We know we are gonna beat you regardless, you just might score an undeserved kill. The good duelrs know how unbalanced the power up is in the right hands and therefore forego its use. If you think playing a duel against kali is hard enough already, imagine if he picks up AMP and kills you multiple times in 30sec. You retards really dont think things through. If you dont play duel consistently then you cannot form a solid opinion on dueling. And no, only dueling against your equally inept friends does not count as a real duel.

Someone delete ALL OF MY GUIDES and my One on one Duel FN A THREAD. I feel like this community wants to argue/b****/pms on the forums rather just be competitive and play.
name_is_clantag
Cruel IntentionZ View Drop Down
Team AA
Team AA
Val and I share Mikey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cruel IntentionZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by RemY

Someone delete ALL OF MY GUIDES and my One on one Duel FN A THREAD. I feel like this community wants to argue/b****/pms on the forums rather just be competitive and play.

sadly i think you might be right
Some people are alive simply because it’s against the law to kill them.
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 6:49pm
You're not allowed to have those threads and guides deleted...  Just NO! Pinch
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
Team AA
Team AA
Val and I share Mikey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cruel IntentionZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Cloudy_Serendipity

You're not allowed to have those threads and guides deleted...  Just NO! Pinch

seconded! they're a bible for the duelling hopeless like me
Cloudy_Serendipity View Drop Down
Team PcX
Team PcX

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cloudy_Serendipity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 6:54pm
and me Embarra**ed
All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream

Map Hosting: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6luhe8b1pj52y/Cloudy's%20Files
Team AA
Team AA
Val and I share Mikey

Post Options Post Options   Quote Cruel IntentionZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by Cloudy_Serendipity

and me Embarra**ed

pffft, one word: rampage
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 7:00pm
Aight w/e keep those guides up. If anyone asks for help, you already know the answer; i'm only going to be there to help dueling regulars...

Kiss my a** you ignorant jobbers  :)
name_is_clantag
JDog_OwNz View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote JDog_OwNz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 7:43pm
the last time i dueled this AIRES dude wrote me a message calling me a b1tch for shooting a redeemer on accident because i was trying to jump around it at deck and shot it straight down and he was there and we both died... he left and called me that. xD i dont use powerups unless you are either xXlxphantomxlXx or iPwN_HaRd_X_CoRe and thats just a dw at heat ray. xD i only do that to make them mad, but then i let tem have it at one health and blow it up when they get in it. i promise not to use powerups unless your one of those two. LoL :)
Adios, the last farewell
RemY View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 7:58pm

Complaining about what is available in the map is ridiculous. How can you complain about what is given to you in the map? To use another mode as an example. Last night on Downtown, TX27 kept sniping my whole team. He was tearing us up with the sniper rifle. Now, it was annoying and I made some pithy comments between matches but, I had to let it go. Why? Because the sniper rifle is offered on that map. TX27 used it and used it well. Why whine about it? His sniping wasn't effective enough though, we won on Downtown. The power ups are offered, deal with it.

Do you want to know why this game has had such staying power with us? It's because it offers so much to so many people. It doesn't just cater to those with the best reflexes or map knowledge. It offeres a unique set of tools, terrain and situations. That uniqueness allows players like myself the opportunity to outsmart players with more natural ability.

In short, what I am trying to say is this. If all of you are half as good as you tout yourselves as being, you should be able to overcome a noob with a redeemer or flak cannon.
Cheers.
couldnt agree more!!

You guys have no idea why epic and ID added AMP/Redeemer/Berserker/invisibility into this game. Just guess! Here's a clue!

Fill in the blank

It destroys _____ control.

A single weapon cannot change a whole outcome of a game unless its a deemer >_>
name_is_clantag
Striderfx View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Striderfx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2009 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by RemY

Cheers.
couldnt agree more!!
You guys have no idea why epic and ID added AMP/Redeemer/Berserker/invisibility into this game. Just guess! Here's a clue!Fill in the blankIt destroys _____ control.A single weapon cannot change a whole outcome of a game unless its a deemer >_>
yawn allways the same ol bull**** frm the same bull**** playas! knw wonder why duel is dead! i have never heard more geeky care bear whiny a** crying than i have from duelers!! its a 18 cert game who cares about ethics of duel!! go buy kung fu panda i heard u can get it over there 4 10 dollars!!
!
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 1:54am
Stop bragging that you're playing an 18+ game, you're really awesome we get it.
Also lol @ calling us the bull**** players.
grog_grog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote grog_grog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by Drokun

Stop bragging that you're playing an 18+ game, you're really awesome we get it.

But its reallly funny.  And probably impressive to anyone who is like 10 years old.
The rocket is my master.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 1:04pm
powerups ina duel= don't do it. it's that fn simple.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 1:08pm
Thing is they are on the map... its like saying don't use the tank this way or that way...

I never use the redeemer or UD but I wouldn't send someone a message calling them a b**** if they did. I suck at duel so maybe its not that important to me but I'd guess that in 95% of games if a weaker player did take the UD or redeemer the stronger player would win.

I only think it would make a big difference in the outcome if say Paw and Remy were playing each other (or players similar) and they managed to get 3 spawn kills on the other player. But of course when Paw and Remy play they know to leave this well alone.
TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 2:03pm
why are you guys making a big deal over a shield belt?? 1 rocket will take it away! it has everything to do with map control.. jump boots and shield belt should be the only power ups you use in a duel!!
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

TuNA FISh View Drop Down
Team QnL
Team QnL
QnL Captain

Post Options Post Options   Quote TuNA FISh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Danjel8

Thing is they are on the map... its like saying don't use the tank this way or that way...

I never use the redeemer or UD but I wouldn't send someone a message calling them a b**** if they did. I suck at duel so maybe its not that important to me but I'd guess that in 95% of games if a weaker player did take the UD or redeemer the stronger player would win.

I only think it would make a big difference in the outcome if say Paw and Remy were playing each other (or players similar) and they managed to get 3 spawn kills on the other player. But of course when Paw and Remy play they know to leave this well alone.

the point is, don't take the UD or any other power up (except shield belt and jump boots) if you know how to play. it's an unwritten law that everyone should know. even when i was dueling back on Unreal Championship (xbox) no one used the UD. And that game took 10x more skill than UT3. back when this game had the GB 1v1 tourney, you would have an automatic loss if you picked up the UD on purpose. 
The sun was high and so was I
- Best Coast

psn: HardhatTuna
XBL: Tuna is QnL

Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 7:25pm
I understand both sides of the argument. Neither of which in my opinion are wrong until you put them into public or competitive gaming contexts.

I'm sure I don't have to illustrate in which context the UD is acceptable and not. However for the people with slightly less brain power than the average poo... I believe that using UD in a public duel is fine, I will never use it coz I'd rather get my a** whooped 10-0 than pick something up I know the other guy could off coz he is a far better player.

In competitive play the UD and redeemer are way off limits. And besides... any competitive dueller wouldn't be so nooby to pick it up. So therefore the whole argument is pointless.

Noobs pick it up which means they always get owned anyway.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>