Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > Tutorials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Weapons-Text only

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
FnA
FnA

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote RemY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weapons-Text only
    Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 7:55pm
Finally we got a weapon guide :P gj kali
name_is_clantag
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 7:58pm
LOL
CarloThunder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 7:59pm

I agree with most of this guide, but would you agree some weapons are better on certain maps, for example shock rifle on Arsenal because of the fairly narrow corridor or bio rifle on a wide open map so you don't killyourself with it?

all roun nice guy lol.
XKaL1buR View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote XKaL1buR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by CarloThunder

<FONT style=": #000000">I agree with most of this guide, but would you agree some weapons are better on certain maps, for example shock rifle on Arsenal because of the fairly narrow corridor or bio rifle on a wide open map so you don't killyourself with it?

Well, if you're in a big open space, the secondary bio rifle shot is the last thing you wanna use. It really all depends on the person using these weapons. But ya, I see what you're saying. Using the layout of the map to a**ist with whatever weapon you're using. Combos are your friend when it comes to denying people trying to exit an elevator lift or a jump pad, flak can be used to go around corners, etc.
CarloThunder View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote CarloThunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by XKaL1buR

Originally posted by CarloThunder

<FONT style=": #000000">I agree with most of this guide, but would you agree some weapons are better on certain maps, for example shock rifle on Arsenal because of the fairly narrow corridor or bio rifle on a wide open map so you don't killyourself with it?

Well, if you're in a big open space, the secondary bio rifle shot is the last thing you wanna use. It really all depends on the person using these weapons. But ya, I see what you're saying. Using the layout of the map to a**ist with whatever weapon you're using. Combos are your friend when it comes to denying people trying to exit an elevator lift or a jump pad, flak can be used to go around corners, etc.

Defo true about the flak round corners, thiat method is often used on most dm maps especially deck and arsenal.
all roun nice guy lol.
warfare View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote warfare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 8:34am
Lots of good info, didn't know about the difference in sounds the characters make and didn't know about the damage indicator while using the primary stinger... good job.
grog_grog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote grog_grog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 1:22pm
Heavenly_tRiNiTy noted in another thread the the alt fire will detonate a fired redeemer.  And if you fire it with alt fire you can control its flight right?  I'd forgotten the first point
The rocket is my master.
Heavenly_tRiNiTy View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
TEA TIME!!!

Post Options Post Options   Quote Heavenly_tRiNiTy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 5:17pm
Originally posted by grog_grog

Heavenly_tRiNiTy noted in another thread the the alt fire will detonate a fired redeemer.  And if you fire it with alt fire you can control its flight right?  I'd forgotten the first point
Yes the redeemer spawns after 2 mins of a map I believe. If you use the primary fire trigger the (nuclear) warhead goes in a straight line but using the secondary fire you can remotely control its path to move in any direction you want it to go. To detonate the missile either guide it to your target, near your target or simply press primary or secondary fire.
Its the only weapon that deals 250 damage and 150% damage for vehicles so nothing survives a direct hit. The weapon has splash damage (fallout cloud) which means the damage from the missile decreases in % the further you are from the centre. Ive seen people fire it relatively close up and survive but don't ask me how cos they're within the radius. Only reason I could think is if they are well stocked on health/shield and only experience the 3rd wave of impact which is approx 2/3 of 250 = 160 damage at a guess.
If you play warfare you'll find its the only weapon other than the shape charge that can destroy a barricade. I'll let someone else post bout special deployables that are effectively weapons. maybe it should be in another tutorial - would be good.
Cos I'm Wonderman...I'll take that knife and shove it up your a$$!
Bird_is_Fn_A View Drop Down
FnA
FnA

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bird_is_Fn_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 5:24pm
Nice guide Kali, good read man.
GOW_KillinUGood View Drop Down
Ultra Member
Ultra Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote GOW_KillinUGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 6:41pm
link gun's power is amplified when in close proximity with teammates who are also wielding the link gun.  Two people standing close together firing link primary at a node will destroy it very quickly.  Link secondary fire also grows longer the more people who are linking together.  Link gun altfire is the only way to heal nodes and vehicles.  It does not work to heal cores.....or does it?  check and see if I'm wrong. lol
JDog_OwNz View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote JDog_OwNz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 6:46pm
I thought the ammo cost for a combo was always five?  or is the one for the shock core not included?? :/
Adios, the last farewell
Prince Big Woody View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Prince Big Woody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 7:00pm
1 + 4 for the combo I believe (you could test it by shooting your teammates combo sometime)
JDog_OwNz View Drop Down
Team Deep Ground
Team Deep Ground

Post Options Post Options   Quote JDog_OwNz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Drokun

1 + 4 for the combo I believe (you could test it by shooting your teammates combo sometime)
Ya but then the teamates character calls me names :( "I'm on your team I.D.I.O.T" LoL im not great at combos because i quit trying them after shewulph fell down a level on deck and blew my shock core up in my face :( i like the color the combo makes though. xD
Adios, the last farewell
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12