Forum Home Forum Home > Unreal Tournament 3 > Unreal Tournament 3 > General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

VCTF ALL STAR MATCH

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>
Author
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VCTF ALL STAR MATCH
    Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 8:56pm
9 and a possible signed up at this rate looks like 2 servers will be going
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 9:36pm
I'd say its most important the teams are picked with some balance, so not just flag runners or extreme campers. Hopefully the game will be as open as possible. Many people are gonna want to play in this, at 6v6 you could easily fill 3 servers with very good players.

Choose the captains and then let them choose their teams I guess. I've got no problem if someone didn't pick me so don't see why anyone else should.
Two_Fase View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Two_Fase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 10:26pm
so does this mean u want in or out? lol
Anything that bleeds for 7 days and doesn't die is the only thing you should fear
NewBe4hire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote NewBe4hire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2009 at 11:17pm
   Count me in too... I am still looking in Chicago for a decent place. You live there right???
Dr4g0v View Drop Down
Team Devil
Team Devil
Stinger Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr4g0v Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 3:01am
I'll play !
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Two_Fase

so does this mean u want in or out? lol

If I'm wanted then I'll play obv... if not then no hard feelings.
T2D-R3LENTLESS View Drop Down
Noob
Noob

Post Options Post Options   Quote T2D-R3LENTLESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 10:55am
I would like to play, if the community thinks i am good enough to contend with the "All Stars" ;D
Aromy=T2D-R3LENTLESS

TIME TO DIE b****ES
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 11:11am
Originally posted by T2D-R3LENTLESS

I would like to play, if the community thinks i am good enough to contend with the "All Stars" ;D

Like I said before.. I think everyone is gonna want to play. The best way to do it is to pick 4 people who can be trusted to pick the teams. If your good enough then chances are you will get picked.
XTERMNATR View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
It's MY Darkwalker!

Post Options Post Options   Quote XTERMNATR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 11:13am
let me pick    im not an allstar   never joined a clan and i only play vctf
"people living DEEPLY have no fear of death"- anais nin
SickNviciouS View Drop Down
AdReNaLiNe RuSh
AdReNaLiNe RuSh

Post Options Post Options   Quote SickNviciouS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 11:35am
Originally posted by XTERMNATR

let me pick    im not an allstar   never joined a clan and i only play vctf

Not a bad idea at all right there.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 11:37am
If you need help organizing, I'll help, but in no way am I qualified to play in a vCTF All-Star match. I'm a warfare player.

If we are looking at the best of the best, then here are some players that should probably be included. Here are some names that come to mind off the top of my head. If I didn't include you, sorry. I just probably didn't remember correctly.

Arkos
Help_QcP
Chris
Qwest4Victory
Medic
TX2K7
DoD
Two Fase
Trainwreck
Skiller
cbizzy
switch
xplorer
danjel
king eternal
etc.
XTERMNATR View Drop Down
Team Deep
Team Deep
It's MY Darkwalker!

Post Options Post Options   Quote XTERMNATR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 11:43am
penguin
hellscream
xerxes
coolworks
if they are still around       
aqua
envy
this mode is deep, lots of names
"people living DEEPLY have no fear of death"- anais nin
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 11:49am
No point banding names around, it is just gonna upset people if they aren't on there.

Would it be best to pick 4 captains or leaders for this? DoD, Two Fase + 2 others? Then we can trust these guys to pick the teams. I know a lot of A-R are gonna be in there with a few iAM's but providing the guys picking the teams can remain unbiased I don't see why anyone would have problem with them picking the teams.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Danjel8

No point banding names around, it is just gonna upset people if they aren't on there.

Would it be best to pick 4 captains or leaders for this? DoD, Two Fase + 2 others? Then we can trust these guys to pick the teams. I know a lot of A-R are gonna be in there with a few iAM's but providing the guys picking the teams can remain unbiased I don't see why anyone would have problem with them picking the teams.

It's an All-Star match, of course it's biased. Biased towards players that deserve to be in the match.

Dan, the best 4 people to pick names would be DoD, Two Fase, Skiller and you. Why don't you guys just get into chat and sort it out. I'd caution against making this comprised only of A-R/iAM members. Like Xterminator's list above, there are a lot of players that are not "known" for vctf, but beast in it every time they enter.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 11:56am
Yes but do all of A-R deserve to be in there? Would all of iAM?

I'm talking biased in that sense, not picking the best players.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 11:58am

No they shouldn't. Not everyone on those teams is an All-Star. Those team are mostly successful because they play as a team. No offense to anyone. We had the same issue with the warfare all-star match and I told a lot of my own teammates that they weren't going to be a part of the "all-Star" match. They understood. If you remember, I wasn't even a part of it. It was left to the best of the best. And to this day, everyone agreed that the best of the best were playing.
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 12:01pm
Hmmm well I could give you my 12 names now.

Chris_C
Arkos
Help
DoD
The King Eternal
TX
Crister
Aquaknot
Qwest
Trainwreck
Skiller
Penguin

Its hard tho, coz I know I have missed several names. but those are the ones I'd choose for balance, team work and an all round solid match up.

I've missed headhunter, chemjaxx, xplorer, coolworx, jorgelius, envy and god knows how many others but yeah that would be close to my all star match up.

This is definately something worth following through, no need to livestream it would certainly be cool if chris could record from in game, along with anyone else who has the capabilities to do so.

coolworx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote coolworx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 12:01pm
Coolworx=FlagShrek :))
If there is a spot, I would join...

Cheers...
CoolworX

Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Pinnacle

No they shouldn't. Not everyone on those teams is an All-Star. Those team are mostly successful because they play as a team. No offense to anyone. We had the same issue with the warfare all-star match and I told a lot of my own teammates that they weren't going to be a part of the "all-Star" match. They understood. If you remember, I wasn't even a part of it. It was left to the best of the best. And to this day, everyone agreed that the best of the best were playing.

Yup suppose your right! I think it needs people who can be objective to choose. Maybe people who play vctf a little and know the players well.
Ether404 View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
The Jackhammer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Ether404 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 12:07pm
i'll make it easy for you guys when you choose the teams.  i'll step aside. 

Aqua....thanks for putting my name in the leadership role but i'll leave it to someone who's more fitting.
If Gravity is a "P" and the Sun is an "H", it makes a FFFFFFF.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Ether404

i'll make it easy for you guys when you choose the teams.  i'll step aside. 

Aqua....thanks for putting my name in the leadership role but i'll leave it to someone who's more fitting.

Don't kid yourself. You belong in that game. I forgot to mention you.
Sk-iller View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sk-iller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 12:08pm
Would love to be part of this as long as it doesn't get silly with competition for places.

You guyz have named 4 teams as a good number, so maybe 2 U.S & 2 E.U?
Danjel8 View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Danjel8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 12:09pm
Not even worth doing US/EU line ups coz of the lag, best just to mix those teams up.
Pinnacle View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pinnacle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 12:10pm
Just a simple thought. There are a lot of vctf players. Why not pick the top 28 (6 v 6 + 1 sub per team). Gaurenteed not everyone will be able to make it. Therefore you allow for some latitude. Then play 3 maps. The winners of best 2/3 plays the other winner of best 2/3. This way everyone gets to play the same amount of games in one day. The two losing teams play each other. Mix up the teams to even them out. It should be a brutal battle.
Sk-iller View Drop Down
Godlike Member
Godlike Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Sk-iller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2009 at 12:21pm
That sounds cool pin.

Captains - Twofase, DoD, Danjel & QuickRCWink 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 20>